Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice
If you have nothing of value to say, simply make up a pile of shit and condemn him for it.

Usual standard crud
Lots of 2+2=5 agenda-driven, wishful utter bollocks today tbh.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Ange selects a player that every manager before him has in the next while, some actively despise him so much that despite being one of the more versatile players we have, Dier should be the first out the door etc. ahead of the likes of Sanchez, Sessegnon, Ndombele and GLC who have been massive wastes of money and have contributed far less to the club.

Lol@some of the shit about him and the captaincy thing too, imagine a player caring enough to possibly be upset that he's been overlooked for it under a new manager. What a cunt etc.

Lots of 2+2=5 agenda-driven, wishful utter bollocks today tbh.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Ange selects a player that every manager before him has in the next while, some actively despise him so much that despite being one of the more versatile players we have, Dier should be the first out the door etc. ahead of the likes of Sanchez, Sessegnon, Ndombele and GLC who have been massive wastes of money and have contributed far less to the club.

Lol@some of the shit about him and the captaincy thing too, imagine a player caring enough to possibly be upset that he's been overlooked for it under a new manager. What a cunt etc.
I don't get the hate for any player but he's definitely moved further down the list now with the last couple of performances by Sanchez.

I said it in the bromance thread - the hate that our fans spew towards our players is pathetic.

We've reached the stage where Dier isn't good enough for us now but he's been an important player for us for many years.

I still remember his late winner against West Ham on his debut.

It's time to go but it's like our fans need to pick a player to launch hate at and now it's his turn.

Is ridiculous.

Even now Dier is a far better option than Sanchez from the bench after a few friendlies, he's likely not just match fit IMO.

Wasn't in the squad vs Spam, didn't come off the bench against Shaktar and the Barca match was his first game in ages after an operation.

I personally think he's a good squad player and the type to fight to try and get back in the side, while others clearly couldn't give a fuck as long as they're collecting their wages.

Even now Dier is a far better option than Sanchez from the bench after a few friendlies, he's likely not just match fit IMO.

Wasn't in the squad vs Spam, didn't come off the bench against Shaktar and the Barca match was his first game in ages after an operation.

I personally think he's a good squad player and the type to fight to try and get back in the side, while others clearly couldn't give a fuck as long as they're collecting their wages.
Personally I don't think he has the pace for this system even when fully fit.

Watching all the games under Ange so far, most attacks can be snuffed out with a bit of pace from our defenders.

Is not really something you can work on unfortunately for Eric.

I don’t denigrate the players (although Richarlison tests my patience more than most) but there’s no doubt in my mind that Sanchez is a better defensive player than Dier. Quicker, more athletic and more committed to winning the ball.

Given that we play a high line and are very aggressive when attacking, you can’t have a slow CB. Dier is not what we need at CB, even as a back up.

Leaving aside the way those sorts of stats are biased towards players - usually fullbacks as Dier was at the time - who have cause in a game to make full beans runs without the ball thus reaching the highest possible speed, 2015 was a totally different time for Dier as an athlete. Hard to believe he's not yet 30, he's mummified.

And what's worse, he knows it and recedes ever more into himself as the years go by.

Dier and Hojbjerg are scared to play football. Neither of them should see the pitch under Ange, they don't have anything to offer this system, they are antithetical to its core values.

(I enjoyed the reference to old friend and current Lionel Messi teammate DeAndre Yedlin)

Leaving aside the way those sorts of stats are biased towards players - usually fullbacks as Dier was at the time - who have cause in a game to make full beans runs without the ball thus reaching the highest possible speed, 2015 was a totally different time for Dier as an athlete. Hard to believe he's not yet 30, he's mummified.

And what's worse, he knows it and recedes ever more into himself as the years go by.

Dier and Hojbjerg are scared to play football. Neither of them should see the pitch under Ange, they don't have anything to offer this system, they are antithetical to its core values.

(I enjoyed the reference to old friend and current Lionel Messi teammate DeAndre Yedlin)
Eric may be older but he ain't slow.
It could well be that Ange doesn't rate him and that was the reason Eric was not in the squad today.
Or it could be that Dier is is not 100% fit.
We will find out over the coming weeks.

As opposed to yours which was a disaster all throughout.
lol thats me come up GIF

You do realise that Ange's system requires quick defenders who can cover territory? If Dier comes on instead of Sanchez yesterday we'd have been blown into next week.

I'd almost keep Sanchez on the basis that he is lightning quick and provides good cover if needed. Dier is a disaster waiting to happen in this system.

Back
Top Bottom