Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Arse chose to make their interest so public off the bat will likely have little bearing between Rice and his agent........ Agent may well have had a nod that City would enter the fray sooner or later anyway.
It's the tactic that I wanted us to use. Get in early, sell the vision, then have him comparing all other offers to yours.

The filth will have offered him personal terms that would be difficult to blow out of the water, so it would be down to what his personal ambitions are. Does he want a starring role with the filth, with an outside chance of trophies, or effectively a bit part at City, with trophies he might not feel he'd earnt?

Nice position to be in in all honesty.

He’s going to be the backbone of their team, so is 100 million really that excessive?

They’ve also gone and beaten Manchester City to him, a team many of the conservative fans amongst us will perpetually claim we nor any other non state/oil backed team should even dream of competing with.
Apparently we beat City to Maddison as well.

We didn't need to spend £105M to do it either.

I've been coming across more and more stuff talking about Man Utd's inability to really spend big this summer, they're apparently really hampered by FFP.

Some past summers they've done awful huge money business and the massive naturally accumulated healthy wealth they obtained through their past success and sponsorships has been squandered and as many will tell you the Glazers are nowhere to be seen to add in some extra funds.

I think it’s something to do with them having a large amount of cash outstanding on transfers to other clubs and it is holding them back. Saying that, if the new owner (if there is one) comes in and wipes that transfer debt out, I do wonder if they can then spend more?

One of the reasons you wind people up is because you spend a lot of time bigging up other teams and simultaneously spend a lot of time criticising our own.

Not passing judgement but just telling you why people respond to you the way they do.

Hard to work out if this is a parody post given how people respond to you on here and your like to post ratio compared to mine as well.

I've already said Maddison was a great signing for us. This is the other transfers thread. Is Pau Torres not a big coup for Villa? He might not even turn out to be a good signing, but its quite obviously fucking factual that for a club of their level, its a big transfer for them.

Last edited:
Hard to work out if this is a parody post given how people respond to you on here and your like to post ratio compared to mine as well.

I've already said Maddison was a great signing for us. This is the other transfers thread. Is Pau Torres not a big coup for Villa? He might not even turn out to be a good signing, but its quite obviously fucking factual that for a club of their level, its a big transfer for them.
I’m not coming for you. I’ve enjoyed your posts since you’ve come back.

I’m not coming for you. I’ve enjoyed your posts since you’ve come back.

I just post my actual opinions. I don't stop to think "who will this anger" ever & god, shoot me if I ever do. I actually think you're similar and I respect that, you didn't give a shit that people were slinging mud at you in the ENIC thread.

If a rival club sign a player I rate, I will say it. If they have a player I rate, ditto. For example I think Havertz is a pointless signing and Gabriel's a poor CB, but rate Rice and Saka highly. I don't really care about the apes who scream "gooner!" over this, because shoot me again if I ever care for their opinions.

When we get shit right, I'll suck this club's dick. Maddison is *chefs kiss* and I like some of the other names we're linked with a lot. If Ange gets it right I'll be first in line to hype him up. I was also very much on the positive side for the last transfer window. Like I said, opinions - with no tribalism attached whatsoever because it is inane & boring.

(Like I've said before, it's a shame I wasn't on here during the Poch era. I was incredibly positive about the club .. because there was loads to be incredibly positive about !!!)

I just post my actual opinions. I don't stop to think "who will this anger" ever & god, shoot me if I ever do. I actually think you're similar and I respect that, you didn't give a shit that people were slinging mud at you in the ENIC thread.

If a rival club sign a player I rate, I will say it. If they have a player I rate, ditto. For example I think Havertz is a pointless signing and Gabriel's a poor CB, but rate Rice and Saka highly. I don't really care about the apes who scream "gooner!" over this, because shoot me again if I ever care for their opinions.

When we get shit right, I'll suck this club's dick. Maddison is *chefs kiss* and I like some of the other names we're linked with a lot. If Ange gets it right I'll be first in line to hype him up. I was also very much on the positive side for the last transfer window. Like I said, opinions - with no tribalism attached whatsoever because it is inane & boring.

(Like I've said before, it's a shame I wasn't on here during the Poch era. I was incredibly positive about the club .. because there was loads to be incredibly positive about !!!)
Cool - I can respect your integrity.

Back
Top Bottom