Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
There are others I'd want more, but considering what will have to be done over the next two years I could live with Mason on a two year contract. If he does well, great, if not he could see Spurs through a transition while preparing for a long term career as manager. Mason is plugged in well enough to the organization that he would understand what was wanted and help develop the younger players. Not my first choice, but unless we get someone they can seriously commit to for three or four seasons why not just leave the caretaker in the role of transition master.

I was into the idea of creating that club culture and identity. But really Mason needed almost miracle results for it to work in this current environment.

If they threw him in now with fans already in a mutiny, it would be like throwing him to the lions. He’s better off protecting his own career and using these 6 games as a platform to land a gig in the Championship.

I do think Levy isn’t keen on Nagelsmann because he sees him as a big name with big standards and he’s never really been prepared to step outside the comfort zone to reach the next level.

Like with Poch and then Conte last summer, when they’ve asked him to dig deep and bring in players for the next level, he’s bottled it every time.

Levy is scared Nagelsmann will ask him to do that again.

If people want to force Levy and ENIC out. Then they need to be willing to cross a few lines.

Angry posts online, songs at games or protesting outside of the stadium will do nothing. Levy has been chairman for around 20 years and disliked for almost as long. He clearly is not bothered by the Levy out songs.

The Levy out brigade need to protest outside of the training ground and outside of Levy's house if they really want to make their voice heard. And they need to want to be nasty.

If Man United's fans had not stormed Carrington then Woodward would still be in charge there.

The Levy out brigade are about as scary as a chihuahua.

Protesting outside of people's houses is an absolute cunt move, can't be involving families and kids because you're unhappy at the way the owners run the club.

Stupid idea

But you're saying you want the Chavs to do well just so you can stick two fingers up to Levy.

It's weird.

I love Poch but I hope he's going deep undercover to relegate them.

Bro some of our fans are so tapped that they'd rather root for a rival team just got get one over of the chairman of our football club, it's actually hilarious

Bro some of our fans are so tapped that they'd rather root for a rival team just got get one over of the chairman of our football club, it's actually hilarious
Hilarious is not the word I'd use mind.

I've seen some cunt offs on here where #enicout accuse #enicin of twisting whatever they can to 'defend Daniel'.

This is worse though. Some are advocating for Chav success so they can hit Levy with that stick.

Bonkers.

Hilarious is not the word I'd use mind.

I've seen some cunt offs on here where #enicout accuse #enicin of twisting whatever they can to 'defend Daniel'.

This is worse though. Some are advocating for Chav success so they can hit Levy with that stick.

Bonkers.

I was being polite tbf

It's just downright embarrassing rooting for another club let alone Chelsea, these guys speaks like Poch is their dad, I actually feel sorry for them.

It's the same jokers willing to give Conte a free pass despite him disrespecting our club many times just because Levy hired him.

Clown world shit.

I was into the idea of creating that club culture and identity. But really Mason needed almost miracle results for it to work in this current environment.

If they threw him in now with fans already in a mutiny, it would be like throwing him to the lions. He’s better off protecting his own career and using these 6 games as a platform to land a gig in the Championship.

I do think Levy isn’t keen on Nagelsmann because he sees him as a big name with big standards and he’s never really been prepared to step outside the comfort zone to reach the next level.

Like with Poch and then Conte last summer, when they’ve asked him to dig deep and bring in players for the next level, he’s bottled it every time.

Levy is scared Nagelsmann will ask him to do that again.
Sadly, I think you're right about Levy and spending gets more difficult without European football. It will also be harder to attract players. It makes retaining Kane even more important because he becomes the sustaining force that gives Spurs a chance to be competitive while they retool. I wonder if the right answer to "Who should be the Spurs next manager" isn't "Whoever Harry Kane wants it to be."

Price dropping significantly on Rodgers

giphy.gif

Protesting outside of people's houses is an absolute cunt move, can't be involving families and kids because you're unhappy at the way the owners run the club.

Stupid idea
Correct,that is a fucking embarrassing comment. Imagine how any of us would react if a group of people done that to us because they think we aren’t doing our job right.

Stupid idea
Wanting to post kippers through his letterbox when he is on summer holiday and actually doing it are wildly different things . I really want him and ENIC gone but draw the line at intimidation of his family . It’s a bloody football team, that’s all , albeit one we all support . I have no problem with the Levy out chants at matches , he knows that comes with the territory.
Just because I think they are doing a terrible job and don’t strike me as nice people , Lewis seems particularly unpleasant in my opinion does not mean we should bully his family.

Unfortunately Levy knows that whichever 3rd rate option he puts in charge of the team the fans will rightly give him a chance . So he will get a few games as that is only fair to the team and manager. However Levy needs to realise that a bad start (say 4-6 games) and his match day experience will be come an uncomfortable watch . That is as far as it should go , protest outside the ground is also acceptable but frankly nobody can be arsed with that

Stupid idea
It is dumb and I am not in any way proposing or condoning it.

But if people want to drive Levy out then it is stuff like that that has to be done.

Protesting outside of the stadium or boycotting the stadium bars will do diddly squat.

Back
Top Bottom