***** Leeds United v Spursingham Hotshots -Sunday 28th of Hell ,16:30 *******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you like pina coladas ?

• Scrabble > monopoly

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Argon inert gas

Votes: 39 54.2%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 22 30.6%

• Total voters
Glad we're not in CL tbh, if we were in it it I would have expected us to compete for it but 1 game a week next season would be good for us and the new manager, trim that fucking squad down as well.

Glad we're not in CL tbh, if we were in it it I would have expected us to compete for it but 1 game a week next season would be good for us and the new manager, trim that fucking squad down as well.
Well it's been hard enough, to shift players off the books the past few years with European football.
Now that we don't have it, I would say that, it has probably made the task a lot harder, with less income to look forward to.

Villa deserve conference, their fans and the club will really enjoy. They've not been in Europe in forever, they've gone on a really good run since Emery arrived so deserve something.

We wouldnt enjoy it, we'd treat it like it's beneath us, an annoyance and to be honest it is. We can't afford to play in Ukraine and Kazakhstan when we need ot rebuild ourselves
Then that says more about OUR over inflated opinion of ourselves than Villa's....

Remember, they've WON the European Cup... they'd have every right to 'sniff' at a 3rd Rate European competition.... but they won't, they'll enjoy it, and with 'Dickula' Emery in charge... might have a chance to win the thing!
What's our excuse?

Brighton will also absolutely relish European football... but let's see if they can have such an impressive league season with the additional midweek games thrown in.

I do wish the Europa Conference League WASN'T as derided, but I can see why it has been...
I secretly still pine for the Cup Winners' Cup to be brought back, as that always threw together some really random clubs each year, who all wanted to be there due to the fact they'd won their domestic Cup the season before... I genuinely didn't see anything wrong with it!

Good enough performance and pleased with the win.

Leeds were horrible, their midfield is worse than ours and ours is awful.

I don’t expect to see Davinson, Davies or Forster starting in August. Doubt Skipp will be either ( not that I want him sold )

I genuinely think the team is 3 players short of the Top 4. Maybe 4 if Bentancer misses a big chunk of next season.

We need GK, LCB, MF/AMF & a striker (depending on Son / Kane ). With Europe there is no space for much more.

It’s not as bad as it seems, but it’s not great either. However, the reset can be a good moment to close ranks and get back to some sense of order.
I think we would have made top 4 if Son hadn't completely forgotten how to play football. Obviously he's not entirely to blame but I've just seen so so many criticial moments where Son bumbled about the pitch to ruin a great chance, in games which we went on to lose. Enough to see us in top 4 if he actually played like how he can.

First time since 2009 no Europe next season
But unless it's the CL (with the faux Operatic ANTHEM) no one seems to be bothered!
Everyone just fucking moans about being in the 'Ropey League or Farmers League' as if we're SOOOO above all that.. so in a way, once CL was out of the equation, there was very little point bothering to qualify for the other two....

It's a weird elitist mentality that I'm not entirely comfortable with... because - other than our 2019 run to the Final, and maybe the Inter Milan (Bale/Maicon) tie - we've done relatively little in the CL to justify thumbing our noses at other, so called lesser European competitions!

Prefer no Conference League to Conference League. We wouldn't have used our younger players anyway
Well we should have done!

Away fans were magnificent throughout. H is incredible. Won’t see another like him in my lifetime. Lucas farewell goal was glorious. Was back in love with the club for 90 minutes. Got me in a place of thinking… maybe next year?!

FFS this club.

:pochcry::contefacepalm2:

Away fans were magnificent throughout. H is incredible. Won’t see another like him in my lifetime. Lucas farewell goal was glorious. Was back in love with the club for 90 minutes. Got me in a place of thinking… maybe next year?!

FFS this club.

:pochcry::contefacepalm2:
I am not ready for him to leave. It's dawning on me that we're watching our generation's Greaves, and once he's gone there's gonna be such a void.

Great to hear our amazing away fans bellowing out "We want Levy out" even when we were 3-1 up. Would have been easy for them to take their eye off the ball. Really encouraging for the season ahead.
Well done guys. You did us proud 🏅🏅

1. Give Harry a 50% raise.

1a. Hire Nagelsman

1b. Get a DOF that Naglesman likes

2. Sell/give away the dead wood.

3.. Sign a couple of decent CBs.

4. Domestic treble.
Kamala Harris Reaction GIF by The Democrats

I am not ready for him to leave. It's dawning on me that we're watching our generation's Greaves, and once he's gone there's gonna be such a void.
If he had gone to City the way he tried to engineer a move , it would have left a sour note.
No one will begrudge him now and in between he took Jimmy Greaves record. He’s been brilliant in a season mired in mediocrity. Let’s take the 80m or whatever it is and try to spend it well.

Glad we won.
Glad H got a couple to reach 30 for the season.
Glad Lucas had a brilliant send-off.
More glad than sad that we're out of Europe (from a selfish POV, I'll be able to do more personal holidays/trips ;))
But mostly, super glad that this season is over!

Back
Top Bottom