Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree it doesn't look promising at the moment & It's likely not gonna be an easy fix sure.
We kinda all knew it was gonna end messy with Conte.
However if we can get the right man at the helm & reinvest the Harry money wisely we still have a chance to push back into Champs league nxt season with 5 places.

Chelsea may still be a car crash? Man U don't look all that. Liverpool could still be transitioning ?

If we have another poor season, we may need to swallow it, but as long as we look like we have a clear plan hopefully with a younger manager playing entertaining football & see some shoots of recovery & have a good tilt at a cup most will accept it.
You maybe right mate, but I'm finding it difficult to see a glimmer of light at the moment.
It's always a step forward, and four backwards under these.
I don't see the club anywhere near the top six for a long while.

We should have given Nagelsmann whatever he wanted.

I don't think I've ever been this indifferent to football.

Not sure about Nagelsmann, didn't he fall out with the higher ups at Bayern and he also didn't see eye to eye with Todd, couple of red flags there IMO.

I'm disappointed that we didn't go back for Poch though, utterly bizarre decision.

Nagels was approached but put too much pressure, demands on football success on the board which would not be met .
"Last word on Spurs " podcast Russ Williams contact with top sports journalist.

Happy days with the damaged Brendan "fuck your wife's" Rodgers coming to a football ground near you soon.

Not going back in for Poch is weird. He’s a good manager, promotes the type of football we want to see and has a good relationship with many around the club/fans.

So Levy now has absolutely nowhere to hide if this next appointment flops. No idea who we’re going for, things seem incredibly fucking bleak.

He’s a good businessman, I’m sure but fuck me, he is an atrocious chairman.

Not going back in for Poch is weird. He’s a good manager, promotes the type of football we want to see and has a good relationship with many around the club/fans.

So Levy now has absolutely nowhere to hide if this next appointment flops. No idea who we’re going for, things seem incredibly fucking bleak.

Apparently he fell out with the board, in particular Cullen. There was no way back for him.

Nagelsmann is too demanding. He wants to build a winning football team, so we obviously can’t accommodate that.

Daniel’s just trying to land upon that sweet spot; feigning ambition at a price that works. Look out for lots of talk of funds being tightened due to lack of European football. It will all be very earnest. The ‘virtuous circle of investment’ will also get trotted out.

Apparently he fell out with the board, in particular Cullen. There was no way back for him.

Nagelsmann is too demanding. He wants to build a winning football team, so we obviously can’t accommodate that.

Daniel’s just trying to land upon that sweet spot; feigning ambition at a price that works. Look out for lots of talk of funds being tightened due to lack of European football. It will all be very earnest. The ‘virtuous circle of investment’ will also get trotted out.

Like I’ve said before, the next coach will be someone who is just happy to be here. And some of our fans will be content with that because hey, at least they won’t moan in the press & will smile because they’re Spurs coach.

And it may pay off. Poch ticked this box, we were a huge step up. But it won’t be successful by design, it’ll be because after Conte we will not see Levy take a risk on a demanding coach ever again.

No Poch and no JN, by the looks of things, Levy is wandering into Last Chance Saloon for me. Hopefully he comes back out, having had a couple of pints, with a manager who believes it’s an honour to represent our club, not with a fat slag desperation job at closing time.

Huge couple of months coming up here, nothing less than a quality managerial appointment, a quality DoF, shifting a number of shite players and a couple of strong signings will do.

No Poch and no JN, by the looks of things, Levy is wandering into Last Chance Saloon for me. Hopefully he comes back out, having had a couple of pints, with a manager who believes it’s an honour to represent our club, not with a fat slag desperation job at closing time.

Huge couple of months coming up here, nothing less than a quality managerial appointment, a quality DoF, shifting a number of shite players and a couple of strong signings will do.

AberdeenYid’s infamous last chance saloon.*

(It’s not his last chance, he’ll get another next week.)

He fell out with Cullen and Caplehorn apparently.

With all due respect he had nowhere to hide after chopping poch and then giving mourinho more time than he did poch when we went on a poor run

Or when hiring Nuno

Or right fucking now when he sacked Conte and has spent months not even contacting poch

He's had nowhere to hide for years but he part owns the club, so no matter what happens he will not disappear

Like I’ve said before, the next coach will be someone who is just happy to be here. And some of our fans will be content with that because hey, at least they won’t moan in the press & will smile because they’re Spurs coach.

And it may pay off. Poch ticked this box, we were a huge step up. But it won’t be successful by design, it’ll be because after Conte we will not see Levy take a risk on a demanding coach ever again.
Absolutely right, the next coach will be someone who is easily swayed and manipulated into Levy's plan(or lack of it)
There is no successful design as such, because the club has no desire or design to be successful.
ENIC want the club to, sit in the top half of the table, with reasonably good football, that continues to bring people through the door.
The next coach will be, a low risk signing, in keeping with the low risk policy of Levy, which over 23 years and counting, achieves next to nothing.
This summer will be, nothing special of note, couple of signings in and some attacking football to excite some of the fanbase
Proving the analogy of "you can fool some of the people all of the time" etc.

So basically nagelsman might fall out or challenge the hierarchy we don't want that.
Instead in comes a Gimp , who will just be happy to be here, with players given to him.
If it is to be slot, although his team plays attacking football, I'm not sure if he will get away with that in the EPL.
If the defence is still shit, which it probably will be, we will be shipping goals all over the shop, maybe that is the exciting DNA football the chairman promised and that many want.

Last edited:
So basically nagelsman might fall out or challenge the hierarchy we don't want that.
Instead in comes a Gimp , who will just be happy to be here, with players given to him.
If it is to be slot, although his team plays attacking football, I'm not sure if he will get away with that in the EPL.
If the defence is still shit, which it probably will be, we will be shipping goals all over the shop, maybe that is the exciting DNA football the chairman promised and that many want.

The last manager fell out with the board, do you want that again?

At the end of the day this board aren't going anywhere so we need a manager fully compliant with them to even think about getting the relationship working, that's the only hope we have.

Last edited:
The last manager fell out with the board, do you want that again?

At the end of the day this board aren't going anywhere so we need a manager fully complaint with them to even think about getting the relationship working, that's the only hope we have.
It has occurred to me that English football, as well as a growing number of THFC supporters, would prefer it if Daniel Levy and ENIC were no longer involved in top flight professional football in the UK.

He seems to be hitting a brick wall this season with everything he does.

So much so it almost seems contrived at times.

The media, the match officials, VAR, his managers, his players; everyone appears to be making mistakes / not trying very hard and everything that can go wrong does go wrong.

Could be coincidence.

Could also be a message being sent from all quarters.

Whatever it is; ENIC's methods no longer work.

Back
Top Bottom