Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing makes me think things will be sorted next summer. Our chairman does not know how to run a football club. To me we are simply more likely to win matches with the two strikers we have now than with whatever donkeys Levy will get conned into buying.

My arguments are selective? Maybe you can point me to some examples of Levy successfully replacing any of the first XI from the Poch era team. It’s easy to forget, but Levy has never really had to rebuild a consistent top 4 team before. Replacing players like Zokora and Kanoute is not hard. Replacing world class players is much harder. We are talking about a man who replaced Van Der Vaart with Gylfi Sigurdsson.
Zokora replaced Carrick and was a massive downgrade.

This is turning into a disaster. How can anyone defend Levy if this is true?

I think the alarmists and " DOOM SAYERS " just getting on the bandwagaon to spread more negativity... if this is looked at pragmatically , rather than just looking for the worst on purpose and spinning it.

Im no levy lover (bald cunts needs ousting ASAP!!)... but BALDY defo together with the club would have done their due diligence together with legal counsel on this 1000% the most RISK AVERSE leader in PL History .

Paratici is implicated by association, he wasnt making the decisions/ final decision, he wasnt signing off and he wasnt the mastermind behind that plan, it was the AGNELLI's and the board. FP carried out the negotiations with the clubs after the AGNELLI's and board instructed him as that was his job. Also pricing of a player is subjective one team values their player at XXXXX millions , market value is an estimate until negotiations and rivals bids compete to inflate prices.... ALSO a kicker here is that buyout clauses nowerdays are set at ridiculous amounts 500M or 1BN, which essentially is what they are valuing the player at. The price they put on the financials was what they valued the player was, for example apart from united no one would have paid 80M for Maguire even at that time, Chavs 75M for fofana? Enzo Fernandez was £10M MV a year ago and chavz paid £100M... if you put that value on your spreadsheets as player valuation before and you would be deemed as the same offence juventus have been accused of. Players valuation also have future potential attributed to them aswell

Juventus have done exactly what CHAVS have been doing for years over paying for youth and portion of first teamers and then just loaning then out with big buyout clauses say for example the signing of Romero for £20M Juve then loan him out to Atalanta with a buyout clause for more than double the fee they bought , he has a good season sell him for £45M, players actual valuation rose mid-season while he was at Atalanta and eventually he was Defender of the year in Serie A , but Juve had already increased his value on potential, just like Chavs have done with all their dodgy loaness and tbf many many other clubs have too (just not to the level of the dirty chavz)

CHAV's and MAN City have been doing way more way way way more illicit shit in more than just one area for many many years , slap on the wrist fines (ok they can afford them but that not the point plus how many teams apart from them can afford 50M fines)

As mentioned above FP is implicated by association or being employed at a director level, but he wasnt the decision maker, man who signs off the mastermind or the instigator,

The other teams are…
I think the alarmists and " DOOM SAYERS " just getting on the bandwagaon to spread more negativity... if this is looked at pragmatically , rather than just looking for the worst on purpose and spinning it.

Im no levy lover (bald cunts needs ousting ASAP!!)... but BALDY defo together with the club would have done their due diligence together with legal counsel on this 1000% the most RISK AVERSE leader in PL History .

Paratici is implicated by association, he wasnt making the decisions/ final decision, he wasnt signing off and he wasnt the mastermind behind that plan, it was the AGNELLI's and the board. FP carried out the negotiations with the clubs after the AGNELLI's and board instructed him as that was his job. Also pricing of a player is subjective one team values their player at XXXXX millions , market value is an estimate until negotiations and rivals bids compete to inflate prices.... ALSO a kicker here is that buyout clauses nowerdays are set at ridiculous amounts 500M or 1BN, which essentially is what they are valuing the player at. The price they put on the financials was what they valued the player was, for example apart from united no one would have paid 80M for Maguire even at that time, Chavs 75M for fofana? Enzo Fernandez was £10M MV a year ago and chavz paid £100M... if you put that value on your spreadsheets as player valuation before and you would be deemed as the same offence juventus have been accused of. Players valuation also have future potential attributed to them aswell

Juventus have done exactly what CHAVS have been doing for years over paying for youth and portion of first teamers and then just loaning then out with big buyout clauses say for example the signing of Romero for £20M Juve then loan him out to Atalanta with a buyout clause for more than double the fee they bought , he has a good season sell him for £45M, players actual valuation rose mid-season while he was at Atalanta and eventually he was Defender of the year in Serie A , but Juve had already increased his value on potential, just like Chavs have done with all their dodgy loaness and tbf many many other clubs have too (just not to the level of the dirty chavz)

CHAV's and MAN City have been doing way more way way way more illicit shit in more than just one area for many many years , slap on the wrist fines (ok they can afford them but that not the point plus how many teams apart from them can afford 50M fines)

As mentioned above FP is implicated by association or being employed at a director level, but he wasnt the decision maker, man who signs off the mastermind or the instigator,
Chavs and Man City take a different approach. Rather than faking transfers and player value (likeJuve), they fake the top line revenue through commercials deals > market value which is much harder to challenge

ENIC can take credit for trophies won by Spurs before they take over?

If that was your original point, you are even more lost in this debate than I thought.
False. Click on the quotes to retrace the thread.

Somebody used the fact we were 4th most successful club based on trophies before Enic took over to bash the leadership. I pointed out we’d still be 4th were it not for city and Chelsea.

You know… those clubs that have completely changed the footballing landscape in this country by harnessing the wealth of a nation to give them an undesirable advantage over honest clubs like ourselves.

honest clubs like ourselves.
Play To Win New York Jets GIF

Somebody used the fact we were 4th most successful club based on trophies before Enic took over to bash the leadership. I pointed out we’d still be 4th were it not for city and Chelsea.

You know… those clubs that have completely changed the footballing landscape in this country by harnessing the wealth of a nation to give them an undesirable advantage over honest clubs like ourselves.
So before ENIC we were 4th most successful.

During their reign, we are less successful than what 6/7 clubs, including Leicester....

Not sure what your point is. Not sure you know what your point is.

Chavs and Man City take a different approach. Rather than faking transfers and player value (likeJuve), they fake the top line revenue through commercials deals > market value which is much harder to challenge
Not really, they just can afford the most expensive legal counsel to help dodge their CRIMES , same with PSG, as they did the same at city in sponsorship via their owners through partnerships and shell corps funded by the owners.

How long do we have to play our tiny violins for Daniel? The disgusting bastards could invest some of their gains to challenge the aforementioned (and in turn increase the value of their investment) but no. Self funding paupers, whilst the tax avoiding scumbags count their speculative gains in the Bahamas whilst we take cock from our rivals

You are right, there is too much financial reward attached to the CL, and Levy being the money grabbing mercenary he is will never focus on anything else.
Either he must be made to see the error of his ways by protests and avoidance of giving enic a penny by a substantial number of the fanbase. Or rewards for domestic trophies need to be increased substantially, or CL money reduced. Strangely a Euro super league could actually help us in this financial situation.
It's currently a catch 22 situation; Levy wants money and nothing else, the fans understandably want trophies. There is probably a significant number of Spurs fans today who have given up caring about top 4 to gain access to a comp we have no chance of winning these days. Instead they watch everybody else picking up silverware regularly whilst we come nowhere near. Even when Woolwich were rebuilding they were picking up FA cups.
Something has to give or Levy can forget about youngsters wanting to follow his clowning activities and supporting his circus. What we have here is the sporting equal of Putin, a little dictator, likely a narcissist, who gets off on controlling everything and ignoring any criticism.
On my part screw the CL, I hope we fail solely because it's my only little way of taking pleasure against Levy.
Agree with everything you say except for the fail to fight back philosophy, watching us lose will never give me pleasure. I was here before ENIC and will still be here after them, Joe Lewis aint no Benjamin Button and his departure from this mortal coil is sure to put a cat amongst the shitehawks.

During their reign, we are less successful than what 6/7 clubs, including Leicester....

I see what he means. We would still be fourth most successful but wow, hardly a glowing endorsement. The trophies were won prior

Not really, they just can afford the most expensive legal counsel to help dodge their CRIMES , same with PSG, as they did the same at city in sponsorship via their owners through partnerships and shell corps funded by the owners.
Agree - but the faux partnerships and shell corps are much harder to challenge (whereas Juve have faux transfer contracts which are more straightforward to police). It’s breaking FFP but in a different manner

I told you my point and I explained why Leicester do not have more trophies than us. I can’t explain to you gain that 5 is less than 18.

Next time don’t get involved in other peoples discussions if you can’t be bothered to read what their discussion was about.

The fact 7 people disagreed with this shows how batshit crazy discussion is in here.

It’s a literal fact that only Chelsea and Man City have overtaken us in trophies won since ENIC took over. If you disagree then tell me which team in their history has now won more trophies than us that hadn’t before Enic took over.

You lemons

Edit before one of you try Leicester. Before ENIC they had won 3 trophies. Now they’ve won 5. That is far below our 18.

10 now

Yeah, this. Chelsea and City have used a variety of financial engineering that makes it harder to prove, while Juventus was just conducting transfer business involving visibly fraudulent valuations, and it was noted at the time as well. Plenty of people were ringing alarm bells about it. I think that if the club looked at that business, which Paratici was emphatically involved in at a decision-making level, and felt that there was nothing concerning, that speaks rather poorly of their due diligence/research process.

Back
Top Bottom