Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
What is impressive is he has turned a decent, functional but low scoring side into an entertaining, free scoring, easy on the eye side almost straight away.
What's interesting, is that everyone here was wanking over the idea of xG Potter before he went to Chelsea. They all blames the Brighton players for the lack of goals scored and yet, fundamentally, the same team now scores for fun.
And xG Potter at Chelsea has exactly the same problem.

It's almost like a member here once said that maybe they (Brighton) didn't finish chances off because they didn't practice that.

Doesnt matter who replaces Conte.

Even if they do well, play good football and start competing high up the table, they will not be backed at the critical moment to get us over the line.

It will be the usual poundland signings, loan deals and failure to address positions we need.

I 100% agree with this. But if Levy gets Poch back in do you think a part of him might think, fuck it, I’ll back him this time?

Probably wishful thinking on my part.

It just feels like it’s all teeing up for his return, especially if paratici gets his ban extended to the rest of Europe. If that happens I suspect it will all start to unravel, probably at the moment things are looking up. That’s the spurs way.

I dont understand how xG works, i can see that Brighton are scoring more now than they did under Potter
my reasoning for Potter is he is has changed the teams formation and style for the teams he play against, which is something I want to see, A manager who can play 3 at back this week 4 at back next game.
I don't think Howe is a top manager, but he used to use tech at training, Drones & big screens at training pitches to show players where they need to be etc

No manager can work with the dregs we have at the back. However Conte has mishandled the squad and not given the encouragement to certain players.
But he still persist playing as many of them dregs as possible. He could easily have played a back 4 yday and skipp or Sarr in midfield. They need minutes any way. However his just made us pay £40M for rwb who prbly can’t play rb and who city let go for peanuts. The guy is a chav agent out to ruin us like I have said many times.

What's interesting, is that everyone here was wanking over the idea of xG Potter before he went to Chelsea. They all blames the Brighton players for the lack of goals scored and yet, fundamentally, the same team now scores for fun.
And xG Potter at Chelsea has exactly the same problem.

It's almost like a member here once said that maybe they (Brighton) didn't finish chances off because they didn't practice that.

I was never convinced because they were consistently so bad in the final third for so long. I know Chelsea don’t have a great striker but they should be doing better in attack. They’ve got us at the end of the month though haven’t they, so I suspect it will all fucking click for that game.

I 100% agree with this. But if Levy gets Poch back in do you think a part of him might think, fuck it, I’ll back him this time?

Probably wishful thinking on my part.

It just feels like it’s all teeing up for his return, especially if paratici gets his ban extended to the rest of Europe. If that happens I suspect it will all start to unravel, probably at the moment things are looking up. That’s the spurs way.
He didnt back him before and hasnt really changed with the likes of Jose or Conte so I doubt it.

He'll probably expect him to come in and repeat his success and perform miracles under the same conditions.

I agree the football could be better, but as with each appointment they will get so far and will hit a ceiling of disappointment.
Levy is happy with fourth spot, CL money 💰💰💰 is what they are wanting, whilst laying out as little as possible.
I'd also be happy with 4th if we play football i want to see and can stand to watch.

Spurs new motto

"To manage us is to dare"

Tuchel, Klopp and Pep at Spurs.

Angry Football GIF by MolaTV

Angry Premier League GIF by MolaTV

Angry Manchester City GIF by DAZN

With yet another clueless manager unable to work with our world class squad and facilities , I think it’s time we start to assess the possible candidates for the hot seat once Antonio departs

A list comprised of ex Chelsea managers and ex Juventus managers seems the most plausible route that this great footballing operation will gravitate towards

Oh and Phil brown because .. he’s probably about our level

Let the discussion begin

COYS
Bring back poch

I’m not so sure if Poch will come back. If Paratici stays this summer then we’ll probably go for a defensive manager. Apparently Paratici doesn’t like working with attacking managers.

I’m not really sure who that leaves us with in that case.

I’m not so sure if Poch will come back. If Paratici stays this summer then we’ll probably go for a defensive manager. Apparently Paratici doesn’t like working with attacking managers.

I doubt we'll go for another defensive manager. We've had nothing but them since Poch left and our football has been atrocious.

Levy stated post Mourinho sacking that he was going to bring in a manager who promotes attacking, high intensity football. For some reason, probably lack of suitable options, he then brought in Nuno and Conte.

He's aware what the fans want to see. After the shower of shit we've been served up from Conte, I find it very hard to believe he'll subject the fans to that again.

Rodgers?

Back
Top Bottom