January Window ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What score would you give our window out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ngapa GIF
Cos he can't kick a football.

How the hell does a majority here give this window 4-5/10???

We are in desperate need of:
- 1 CCB
- 1 LCB
- 1 RWB
- 1 GK
Thats 4 players as a minimum, so 2.5 for each player. We only got the RWB, so this window can not get anything else than 2.5/10

We signed a midfielder to who just happened to score on his debut or did you miss that? Stop with the melting. We signed a fucking right wing back, out of every possible that was the critical one we needed to sort out.

- 1 CCB
- 1 LCB
- 1 RWB
- 1 GK
Thats 4 players as a minimum, so 2.5 for each player. We only got the RWB, so this window can not get anything else than 2.5/10
LCB is not a priority yet. Lenglet and Davies can do until the summer. CCB and GK were priorities, but not as crucial as the RWB one, and that's why the window has a 4-5/10.

People were complaining we had too many before.

2 on each side is the norm..... We can't stockpile 3 players in every position.
Who said stockpile 3 players in every position?

Ideal would have been Spence/Emerson out with Doc as cover so we can actually maintain an attacking threat if Porro goes down.

4/10

We normally do fuck all in January (yes I'm aware of Kulusevski and Bentancur), but looks like we may have added a first team player in one of our weakest positions.

It's better than nothing but unlikely to be enough to keep Conte, or Kane, or persuade anyone that we are serious about competing.

Who said stockpile 3 players in every position?

Ideal would have been Spence/Emerson out with Doc as cover.

Sorry, I thought you meant 2 RWBs remaining was not enough......

Did I get that wrong?

........You just pissed that it's Emerson who's survived as cover?

- 1 CCB
- 1 LCB
- 1 RWB
- 1 GK
I agree but it’s the January window. Mid season, slimmer pickings, intended targets not yet available.

So for this time of the year I gave it a middle-of-the-road five. Not particularly inspiring and certainly not enough to begin to make us look like title challengers, but Porro and Danjuma seem like shrewd buys so not all bad.

I'm pretty sure that Conte said he's happy with his choice of central defenders the other day? That's a position for the summer then if that's the case.

Dan's Jumper is a good signing. His output will be greater than Gil's has been. We have 5, solid players in him, Richarlison, Son, Kane and Kulusevski

Perdo Porro replaces Doherty. Still not sure about this? We already had a talented, English right wing back lol. He's gone to France and we've paid yet more money on replacing Kyle Walker. Still, Conte's choice. He sees them all day so...

The last one is an interesting one. During Conte's time at the chavs, he would have worked with Jude Soonsup-Bell. He's the second 19 year old in 6 months we've signed, seemingly approved by our manager (unlike Spence)

Not going to score the window. No point. I'm pretty sure EVERY spurs fan voted Lo Celso and NDombelly's window as an 11 (also signed Sees and Clarke that year too... such promise!)

Top five keepers to move during the winter window...? Go....

5. Filled the pressing need with a top talent. Added a bit on top with Danjuma. Needed a centreback to make it a "good" window. Doesn't seem like there was anything ever in the cards there, so a bit odd.

Think we need to sign a pre-transfer agreement for that Buonanotte that just went to Brighton...but maybe I'm being sucked in by a great name.

Teams outside the Prem not buying players means its very hard to shift our on-going players on permanent deals. Given we have hit our loan limit, we simply cannot buy additional players unless they are Under-21 - which makes them 'ones for the future' or over priced.

Have we improved our starting 11? Probably not unless Porro pulls of some kind of miracle. Getting Kulu, Benta, Romero and Richy FIT is what improves our starting 11.

The reality of it was Lloris was never gonna get replaced this window however shite he's been recently so not sure why so many have now included this in a failure of positions to improve. I do realise though that he needs to go in the summer.

You'd like to think our main LCB target will be bought in the summer hence the Lenglet loan deal.

It has never looked organised under Paratici. His signings have all been completely random. There's no disceranable pattern of playstyle, getting a good deal, addressing squad gaps or anything else.

We clearly don't have an actual scouting network cos all our signings are Paratici's old signings from Italy, and whatever highly rated youth he feels like buying.
It never look organised Prior to Paratici to be fair! How much of this comes from the club not actually having a vision in the first place? Are we meant to be buying potential for a project ie SARR and Udogie or are we meant to be buying Conte ready made pieces, or is it just get the best deal and get players in for positions.

At least so far his signings have actually looked decent and you could argue without Kulu and Bennie last season we wouldn't have made top 4.

6. Improved the first team and in a weak position, will really improve our overall attack especially against weaker teams who park the bus. Porro and Peresic plus our front 3 will be devastating hopefully.

Spence on loan is good, Doherty out is also good, he had no future here and was a poor signing in the first place.

Would've preferred Gil staying with Lucas leaving but that was unlikely due to his injuries and wages I guess. Lucas will go in the summer and Gil will be back and better.

Didn't expect a keeper now and think it would've been bad timing. A CB was needed and that's disappointing.

Still think we'll get top 4 and hopefully the FA Cup, CL semis too.

We Loaned a midfielder to who just happened to score on his debut or did you miss that? Stop with the melting. We Loaned a fucking right wing back, out of every possible that was the critical one we needed to sort out.
Fixed it for you!

:troll:

Back
Top Bottom