Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s not a bad player but he’s not top draw. He’s an opportunistic signing by levy rather than part of a plan.

The club is a mess and this is just another part of it. I’m glad we are getting another attacker in but he’s gonna be 5th choice forward at best.

He’s not a bad player but he’s not top draw. He’s an opportunistic signing by levy rather than part of a plan.

The club is a mess and this is just another part of it. I’m glad we are getting another attacker in but he’s gonna be 5th choice forward at best.

But an upgrade on our current 5th forward - the always injured (this season) Lucas Moura. And his goal involvement stats are better than Moura's over last few seasons too.

So a 'try before you buy' loan isn't such a bad idea who was being bigged up by Van der Vaart last year saying the Dutch player could become as good as Robben (no idea how good VDV's track record of spotting stars is of course).

At the beginning of the season the "plan" would have been:

- Son = Golden boot awesomeness
- 1 last season from Lucas as the bottom of the pile option.
- We've just bought a versatile ST/Winger for a big sum.
- 6 fwds for 3 positions

......Things change (Son & Lucas); it's not always merely a case of lack of planning. Rather than being opportunistic; I think we're just trying to solve a problem that didn't exist at the begining of the season.

Last edited:
Yep, and salt. Also, I crack the egg into a tea strainer over a little bowl or coffee cup and leave it for a minute or two. Then throw away the liquidy part of the egg white in the bowl before transferring the strained egg into it and gently tipping that into the swirling water. Reduces the risk of it going all strandy. Also keep heat down so that the surface of the water is barely shimmering.

We rock!
i've tried it- it works well:

FAKdp1XUcAcRsZT

🤓

Expert. Lol.
The illegitimate son of Austin Powers.

Another 'Conté ' signing. We've dug deep into the bargin bin this time. 21 GA in 10 games, and our first signing is a Winger? Not a top rated Winger but the understudy of a Winger we sold the first window this season. He hasn't played EPL and comes at a higher price than what we could have gotten Trossard for.

Please tell me I'm dreaming.

We low balled every player we showed interest in. We watched other teams make strides in the right direction and just buried our heads a little deeper in the bargin bin.

Danjuma is a more affordable deal, far more productive in a better league, and much healthier than Zaniolo.

I rate Zaniolo and normally would prefer the managers choice, but as he’s seemingly not going to sign a new contract this seems a much more sensible deal than Zaniolo who is a big risk.

This bloke was the leading scorer for a UCL semi finalist just last year, pretty happy to have him as a depth option plus we’re taking no real risk considering it’s a loan with an option

Ha ha what a dork! He wears glasses!
I used to drive a Volvo Estate.
One day a motor cyclist accused me of trying to knock him over.
He was very big and very camp and middle class and he wasn't very good at being angry.
His parting shot was "And another thing, you can't even turn your lights off!"

I understand about Sonny obviously but this chap has just appeared out of nowhere...
Normally the best players do
Who could've predicted how good Cantona would be at Man Utd when Ferguson signed him from Leeds utd
Or how influential a raw Sadio Mane was at Southampton and then a played a huge part in Liverpools european Dominance in the years to come. But
Jurgen Klopp saw something in him (apparently years before in Germany and already tried to sign him whilst at Dortmund)
Antonio Conte (regardless of his pragmatic style) is a renowned winner for gods sake im not the mans biggest fan but there is no way he comes to Tottenham unless Conte agrees to the deal being done (just going on his behaviour at previous clubs :) )
If Conte is prepared to stick his neck on the line for a fly below the radar gem then fairplay to him and i salute you AC
COYS

Back
Top Bottom