Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What’s the plan A?
Have the wingbacks bomb forward and the wingers cut inside. It needs good wingbacks who can cross once in a while. It's why Doc looked pretty good today and Sess looked a calamity. It's why Kulusevski looks 10x the player Son is at the moment. The plan has always worked for him when he had the tools, unfortunately, you can't polish a turd.

I've been an advocate of Sessegnon since the Jose days, and I thought that Conte would finally unleash him, but even I am sick and tired of him at the moment. He'll never make it. Maybe at Palace or Fulham, but definetely not at Spurs.

When he signed, everybody said that a back 3 formation is what it suited this squad. Can you imagine Dier back in a back 4? Sessegnon in a back 4? Doc?
Yep that meant 5 in midfield like he had at inter. Helen keller could see that weve been overun in every game in midfield this year but he hasnt changed or tried 1 thing different. His subs are shocking too

I totally agree, I want Enic out more than anything

But also conte is showing he has no plan b, can’t react to anything that’s happening on the pitch and plays brain melting football

I’m bored of it, Mourinho, Nuno and conte. We’ve been a nightmare to watch for 4 years now
Does pep have a plan B? If so why have we beat them the last few seasons, surely it’s obvious how we will set up yet he doesn’t change his system and we win.

no winning mentality

defeatist like the whole team
He should have been sold long ago.

The mediocrity that he and many others in the squad embody is the reason we are where we are now.

You have no right to think of yourself as an elite club when you have the likes of Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Sessengon, Emerson, Tanganga playing important roles in your squad.

Lloris and Son rapidly joining that list.

The difference between May 12th and Tonight is frankly incredible.

I honestly don't know how we have fallen so so far.

I'll take a stab at it.

We stood still at best in regards to playing staff while many others improved just like Liverpool failed.
The summer window was just a disaster in hindsight, only persic worked out . We didn't purchase in the right areas, namely in defence , unwilling to spend champions League money on bastioni, bremer etc

Meanwhile son our best player of last season has gotten considerably worse that he's actually a liability

Hugo has continued to decline also

Massive constant injuries to key people compounded by a much more intense schedule

well-there-it-is.gif

Can't be that boring to you given you pop a disagree on every single post I make on the forum regardless of whether an actual point is made.
Says a lot. Too much time on your hands. Impressive. Life on the dole must be really tough, man.

I wouldn’t know.

Unlike you I contribute to society.

You started this. Quit fucking stalking to me and that’ll be the end of it, HenryWoolwich

Not interested in excuses stop playing 5 at the back thats don’t fucking work for a start ,keep picking donkeys like Emerson and sess for roles they can’t even do .
That's how you know that you're just talking for the sake of it. You're not interested because there are not solutions. It's the same fucking set of fans that got Poch and Jose out of the door, when they weren't even close to being the problem. It's why this fucking club deserves to suffer for eternity, because most its fans are happy to be served mediocrity for years. The only shame is for the people that see the potential of this football club, and try convince everybody else of it.

If Conte did walk or we ditched him in the next few days…who would we bring in?

(Not that it matters until Lizard face sells up)

We will hear players think Contes methods are to hard in the media then Poch will come back, we won’t buy him the players he needs then dump the blame on him. Rinse and repeat

Most elite managers only have plan A. Arteta has only plan A, Pep has only plan A. We don’t have the players for Conte plan A so it’s either sack him or give him the players.
Thing is his plan A is generally to sit back not actually try to take the gane to the oppo and score first. How many games under conte have we completely wasted the first 45 mins?

Have the wingbacks bomb forward and the wingers cut inside. It needs good wingbacks who can cross once in a while. It's why Doc looked pretty good today and Sess looked a calamity. It's why Kulusevski looks 10x the player Son is at the moment. The plan has always worked for him when he had the tools, unfortunately, you can't polish a turd.

I've been an advocate of Sessegnon since the Jose days, and I thought that Conte would finally unleash him, but even I am sick and tired of him at the moment. He'll never make it. Maybe at Palace or Fulham, but definetely not at Spurs.
Sessengon would 100% not start for either Palace or Fulham. He is a championship player who lacks the courage to win.

Woolwich are doing a lot of things right but they didn't until recently. What we have to learn from them: Being ruthless with older players that don't perform anymore. Bring in any manager that you trust and back him with buying young talented players. And give it some time. Of course, with Levy (and Paratici) that won't happen. But it is possible and it doesnt't need THAT much time.

The difference between us and them is that no matter how shit they were you always felt they were only a top manager or a couple of top players away from challenging again like they always used to. Unlike us they're not intrinsically set up to fail, no matter what manager we have or what players we bring in we'll always find a way to achieve nothing.

Back
Top Bottom