Our New Players

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are Our New Players Rubbish

• Yes, from what I have seen up to now

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • No, we have bought well

Votes: 85 92.4%

• Total voters
Listen you cunts I'm always right.

It's a joke we sold our average English players and a Welsh lad who didn't wanna play for us anymore and spent £100m on world class internationals.

Also how dare Levy sack King Harry and give a contract to the best young manager in world football.

Fackin foreigners coming over here, taking our jobs and doing better than their replacements.

Long live Harry. Long live the king.

:harrylol:

PS I wish we did a Woolwich and signed an unknown striker on a free, a old player and a player in a position we didn't need.

David Ginola and Buffon in goal maybe?

They got their transfers sorted down the road.

#welljel:goonermong:

First it's a shame, for someone who is always right, that your grammar is invariably wrong. I find it rather laughable that you have the cheek to call AVB a moron, yet you don't know the difference between "know" and "no."

But that's by the by, at least this time you have made a small attempt to be less trolling.

If Woolwich had signed Capoue, I would be worried, he's exactly what they need, the amount of interceptions and tackles he puts in is immense. He is a cracking signing for us, a powerful player who has actually got good technique and can play a good ball. He's a definite upgrade on Huddlestone, and would have easily sat well behind Arteta in the goon midfield. I am really glad we signed him and even more happy that they didn't.

Lamela has massive potential, he's one of the most highly rated young players in the world, the fact we managed to sign him without the attraction of Champions League football is nothing short of amazing. Oh, and as a side note he scored more goals than Walcott last year.

Paulinho is the kind of midfielder we have been missing at Spurs for years, he gets into the box, and gets on the end of things, he has shown this at the highest level for Brazil. To say he is a slow version of Livermore is ludicrous.

I don't know a hell of a lot about Chadli or Chirches, so I can't really say how they are going to work out, but at the very least they have filled roles in the squad that we needed strengthening. With Bale drifting inside last season, we had a massive imbalance in the team Siggurdson never really looked right on the left hand side, Chadli plays naturally there.

And Soldado, looks pure class, his movement is amazing. He will pull defenders all over the pitch disrupting their defence and making space.

Eriksen is another very highly rated young player, who again fills a role we have been desperately short at in the last year.

Will they all succeed? perhaps not, but they need time to gel and time to adapt to the premier league. give it a few months before you write them off.
Your avatar - a Bowie Labyrinth Christ Sacred Heart mashup?

First of all, I hope you all missed me, after another unjust sin binning. I didn't realise that democracy know longer exists on Spurs forums.
I didn't miss you. I think "supporters" like you are fucking cancer on football and I also believe that our club and this forum would improve immeasurably if cunts like you fucked off and never came back.
As for democracy, people disagreeing with you doesn't mean there is none. In fact a truly democratic society encourages discussion. However, when your entire basis for discussion is being a cunt just because you can, don't expect everyone to agree with you. I'd imagine the majority on here think you are a cunt, hence your multiple sin binnings.
Don't bitch about democracy and then whine like a wee bitch when it bites you on the arse.

To your point about our signings - they are on the whole excellent signings, not all of whom will be a raving success, because that never happens. I would ask that we give them more than a few hours of play before we cast them off as shit.

Finally, if I hadn't made it clear earlier, you are a cunt.

First it's a shame, for someone who is always right, that your grammar is invariably wrong. I find it rather laughable that you have the cheek to call AVB a moron, yet you don't know the difference between "know" and "no."

But that's by the by, at least this time you have made a small attempt to be less trolling.

If Woolwich had signed Capoue, I would be worried, he's exactly what they need, the amount of interceptions and tackles he puts in is immense. He is a cracking signing for us, a powerful player who has actually got good technique and can play a good ball. He's a definite upgrade on Huddlestone, and would have easily sat well behind Arteta in the goon midfield. I am really glad we signed him and even more happy that they didn't.

Lamela has massive potential, he's one of the most highly rated young players in the world, the fact we managed to sign him without the attraction of Champions League football is nothing short of amazing. Oh, and as a side note he scored more goals than Walcott last year.

Paulinho is the kind of midfielder we have been missing at Spurs for years, he gets into the box, and gets on the end of things, he has shown this at the highest level for Brazil. To say he is a slow version of Livermore is ludicrous.

I don't know a hell of a lot about Chadli or Chirches, so I can't really say how they are going to work out, but at the very least they have filled roles in the squad that we needed strengthening. With Bale drifting inside last season, we had a massive imbalance in the team Siggurdson never really looked right on the left hand side, Chadli plays naturally there.

And Soldado, looks pure class, his movement is amazing. He will pull defenders all over the pitch disrupting their defence and making space.

Eriksen is another very highly rated young player, who again fills a role we have been desperately short at in the last year.

Will they all succeed? perhaps not, but they need time to gel and time to adapt to the premier league. give it a few months before you write them off.

I haven't written anyone off, and I made that quite clear. My thread is based on what we have seen, so I don't know how you can start talking about Lamala and Eriksen. I also said that Capue was a good worker that lacked skill. I suppose the same could be said for Scott Parker. What does surprise me is your optimism regarding Chadli and Paulinho. Yes, they may turn out to surprise me, but what I have seen up to now has been rubbish.

Of course, it's early days, we've yet to get gel (clichemania) and the introduction of Erikson and Lamela could add the spark we've been missing but on the evidence provided so to me so far, they haven't made nearly the impact we all hoped.

Did you honestly expect to be seeing a new team in full flow by now? We haven't even managed to get them all on the pitch yet.

I haven't written anyone off, and I made that quite clear. My thread is based on what we have seen, so I don't know how you can start talking about Lamala and Eriksen. I also said that Capue was a good worker that lacked skill. I suppose the same could be said for Scott Parker. What does surprise me is your optimism regarding Chadli and Paulinho. Yes, they may turn out to surprise me, but what I have seen up to now has been rubbish.

Ok, you say that they may come good and you haven't written anybody off, so when do you think will be an appropriate time to judge them?

It strikes me that you have a reasonable idea that what you are saying will be proved wrong soon enough but you are going to take the opportunity to pick away at the club/players/manager/chairman with your usual agenda while the opportunity is there.

Cunt.

I didn't miss you. I think "supporters" like you are fucking cancer on football and I also believe that our club and this forum would improve immeasurably if cunts like you fucked off and never came back.
As for democracy, people disagreeing with you doesn't mean there is none. In fact a truly democratic society encourages discussion. However, when your entire basis for discussion is being a cunt just because you can, don't expect everyone to agree with you. I'd imagine the majority on here think you are a cunt, hence your multiple sin binnings.
Don't bitch about democracy and then whine like a wee bitch when it bites you on the arse.

To your point about our signings - they are on the whole excellent signings, not all of whom will be a raving success, because that never happens. I would ask that we give them more than a few hours of play before we cast them off as shit.

Finally, if I hadn't made it clear earlier, you are a cunt.

Thanks for you eloquent reply, I can see you are a man of education. I want people to disagree with me, that's why I post on forums. If I ever found a forum where everyone agreed with me, I would be off like a shot. My wife rarely agrees with anything I say, but I am still an excellent husband. What annoys me is that I get sin binned for my opinions, whilst foul mouthed members such as you get left alone. I suppose though, that in Scotland your type of behaviour is the norm. You only have to look at George Galloway

Oh god the type of dad that says failure is not an option ...

Chadli isnt the type of winger the English are used to, he will need time to adapt and that is logical. Capoue needs to up his passing but destroyer wise he is good. Soldado is class and for Lamela its very early days to judge him.

We play continental football and even though i dont like it per se it is very efficient. We ll talk again in november.

@ AberdeenYid AberdeenYid saw yesterday how efficient continental football can be, its not exiting i agree but it damm well gets the points on the board.

Is this a good evolution, i dont know. I love the way Bayern plays but they have an abundance of class and even they play rational football at times. Maybe someone will bring sexy back but untill then its all about winning

Did you honestly expect to be seeing a new team in full flow by now? We haven't even managed to get them all on the pitch yet.

There is a difference between a team in full flow and one that hasn't scored a goal in open play.
So that makes you Mr Perfect then?

It's the type of subject I address on political forums, rather than football ones. Parents in this country are to happy to accept failure, and that's why so many kids fail. I even over heard a woman on holiday telling someone how proud she was of her daughter because she managed to have two illegitimate children and has her own council house. I expect big things of Spurs, and get frustrated by the club and it's supporters being happy with mediocrity. For instance, last year we came a quarter of the way down the table and got knocked out of three competitions by weak sides, and for some strange reason I get bombarded by people who think we had a good season. For me it was a complete disaster.

Thanks for you eloquent reply, I can see you are a man of education. I want people to disagree with me, that's why I post on forums. If I ever found a forum where everyone agreed with me, I would be off like a shot. My wife rarely agrees with anything I say, but I am still an excellent husband. What annoys me is that I get sin binned for my opinions, whilst foul mouthed members such as you get left alone. I suppose though, that in Scotland your type of behaviour is the norm. You only have to look at George Galloway
All most reasonable and actually well written for a change. Your spelling is even correct, so there may be hope.

The thing is, I can understand your frustration at being sin binned for having an opinion. What I can never understand are those opinions. As someone with a 28 year old son, that must put you at mid forties minimum and to have the opinions you do would leave me to assume you are mentally deficient, a troll, a gooner or a cunt. There are no more options to suggest to cover why someone should expect a team full of new players to suddenly be world beaters. This need for instant success is what is wrong with football these days and the people who peddle this message are, on the whole, utter cunts, yourself included.

I believe you may well be a fine husband and father. I also believe that the personality on here isn't your real persona and I further believe you may think you are encouraging discussion with your views. You may even think you are funny.

Wrong. You're still a cunt and this forum would improve without you being on it.

There is a difference between a team in full flow and one that hasn't scored a goal in open play.

So if we had scrambled in a couple of scrappy goals you would be happy? No.

To suggest that players like Paulinho and Capoue are rubbish just because we haven't converted any of the chances we have made is a little silly to be fair. We have had chances to score from open play, we have also had at least a couple of decent saves against us. We could be creating more chances of course but that only comes with the players being familiar with each other, the system they are playing and the level of opposition they are up against.

I will put money on the goals coming sooner or later. I will also put money on that not changing your opinion.

Last edited:
All most reasonable and actually well written for a change. Your spelling is even correct, so there may be hope.

The thing is, I can understand your frustration at being sin binned for having an opinion. What I can never understand are those opinions. As someone with a 28 year old son, that must put you at mid forties minimum and to have the opinions you do would leave me to assume you are mentally deficient, a troll, a gooner or a cunt. There are no more options to suggest to cover why someone should expect a team full of new players to suddenly be world beaters. This need for instant success is what is wrong with football these days and the people who peddle this message are, on the whole, utter cunts, yourself included.

I believe you may well be a fine husband and father. I also believe that the personality on here isn't your real persona and I further believe you may think you are encouraging discussion with your views. You may even think you are funny.

Wrong. You're still a cunt and this forum would improve without you being on it.

If you were a supporter of another club you would probably agree with most of what I say. It's true that most supporters believe that AVB is a good manager, whereas most people of other clubs think he is hopeless (well, the ones I know anyway). If you ever manage to wonder south and find WHL, you must promise to let me buy you a pint, as forums often bring the worst out in people, and that I shall forgive you for. Two of my best friends I met through the old official forum, and believe it or not, their initial thoughts about me were not positive.

Back
Top Bottom