Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can he do the other stuff? .....Tackle, press, chase, link etc?

.......He's not another Bruno is he? From those clips it seems a lot of the play revolved around laying the ball off so he can shoot, but he wouldn't be the big fish here.

Let me just tell you now, he's been successfully playing in one of the best pressing teams in world football the last 3 years whilst being instrumental in doing so.

Don't worry.

Bruh. This would be a good get.

The source is a bit iffy but this is as like for like a prime Eriksen replacement as you can get.

I haven't seen him play but he's 29, been loaned out to some naff clubs before moving to Genk and Atalanta.It would be no more than a stopgap signing.

I haven't seen him play but he's 29, been loaned out to some naff clubs before moving to Genk and Atalanta.It would be no more than a stopgap signing.

Not sure why his past matters.

He's shown that in the right system, which is Atalanta's high pressing 3412, he can be successful. Fantastic awareness, great technique and work rate like no other.

He'd flourish in Conte's system. And the fact he's now in his peak, all the better.

Much better option than someone like Maddison, who'd waste most of our budget.

This for me. We've already got 3 stop gap signings in so far this summer, which is ok, but i'd prefer the majority of our plans having a bit more longevity. Really dont want to have to be bringing in 6, 7 or 8 players in every summer.

:whistles innocently: :harrysmile:

cGcmdz0xMDYwJmhhc2g9NGUwMzhmM2Q4ZjIzMTczYTMzMTNmNDczMDBkZDMwYjk=.thumb.jpg

Not sure why his past matters.

He's shown that in the right system, which is Atalanta's high pressing 3412, he can be successful. Fantastic awareness, great technique and work rate like no other.

He'd flourish in Conte's system. And the fact he's now in his peak, all the better.

Much better option than someone like Maddison, who'd waste most of our budget.

Excellent post

I haven’t seen him.

Is he a slightly more aggressive, better version of someone like Ward Prowse?
Ah, not really.. he'd be closer to Bruno Fernandes than he would be jwp. That's not to say he's very like Fernandes,.. just emphasizing that he's more of a wide 10/attacking 8/ 10 than he is a cm. I've been trying to think of a player comp the last few mins and can't come up with a great one.. he's not a world class player but he's very good and has some unique skills which can't be a bad thing to have in a squad.

Couple random notes from Transfermarkt.com. 1) They value him at £25.5M. 2) He's rated the #1 Ukrainian player...which would (potentially) mean our Ukrainian signing would be better than Woolwich's Ukrainian signing.

Malinovskyi

Couple random notes from Transfermarkt.com. 1) They value him at £25.5M. 2) He's rated the #1 Ukrainian player...which would (potentially) mean our Ukrainian signing would be better than Woolwich's Ukrainian signing.

Malinovskyi

That'd likely be because he has 1 year left on his contract.

Which is why if we sign him, I doubt it'll be a loan.

Like Lenglet (Malinovskyi) will be a stop gap until we can get our main target (Zaniolo) in.
Smart work by Paratici.
Love how he has completely restructured our scouting and transfer business strategy.

We’ve brought in a ton of young players over the past 12 months. No issues with getting someone who is in their prime and ready to contribute now as long as the fee isn’t crazy

Only turned 29 in May.
Contract ends Jun 2023
TFM says £25m

A few niggles & C19 last season, but nothing major since 16/17. So long as he's not too reliant on pace, then he could easily run into 33/34 if he's looked after himself.

Back
Top Bottom