Controversial opinions about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What he did, he did very very well, no doubt about that. One of the problem we have we getting overrun by the likes of Southampton and Villa would be greatly reduced with Dembele in the team.

He was a special player but he still had the flaws I described. Even PEH has more of a knack for getting into goal scoring chances, even if he constantly fucks them up.

I think Poch said he if he had a young Dembele he could turn him into the best player in the world, and I think he'd want to coach that side of the game into Dembele.

Getting sick and tired of this new noob-like attitude to football where the only way to judge a player is goals. What a load of rubbish.

I'm not comparing the two but towards the last few years of his career Scholes was one of the best midfielders I've seen. He would control games from deep for Utd. He was vastly better then than he was when he was an attacking midfielder chipping in with goals.

Other players can score goals - we had Kane, Eriksen, a prime Dele doing that side of that game.

But very few players can do what Dembele did for us. The guy was utterly unique, and very few of us were surprised our midfield declined massively when he left. I'd go as far to say that we are only recovering now from his departure.

Getting sick and tired of this new noob-like attitude to football where the only way to judge a player is goals. What a load of rubbish.

I'm not comparing the two but towards the last few years of his career Scholes was one of the best midfielders I've seen. He would control games from deep for Utd. He was vastly better then than he was when he was an attacking midfielder chipping in with goals.

Other players can score goals - we had Kane, Eriksen, a prime Dele doing that side of that game.

But very few players can do what Dembele did for us. The guy was utterly unique, and very few of us were surprised our midfield declined massively when he left. I'd go as far to say that we are only recovering now from his departure.
Yeah, Carrick was another one. You had the 'but what does he do' crowd because he wasnt a goalscorer, assister or crunching tackle, fist shaking, defensive midfielder. He read and controlled games but it didnt register with some.

Yeah, Carrick was another one. You had the 'but what does he do' crowd because he wasnt a goalscorer, assister or crunching tackle, fist shaking, defensive midfielder. He read and controlled games but it didnt register with some.
Yep. Carrick made us such an improved side, no longer looked so defensively flaky - how he only won 20 caps is laughable. Would have picked him ahead of Gerrard and Lampard every day of the week (don’t get me wrong i would have played Gerrard just not as a DM whilst Carrick was on the bench)

Yep. Carrick made us such an improved side, no longer looked so defensively flaky - how he only won 20 caps is laughable. Would have picked him ahead of Gerrard and Lampard every day of the week (don’t get me wrong i would have played Gerrard just not as a DM whilst Carrick was on the bench)
I’m so glad we’re not a stepping stone club anymore. I know Enic aren’t perfect but we don’t have Man U poaching our best players anymore.

Anyone remember when Steven Carr thought Newcastle was a step up? Jesus

I’m so glad we’re not a stepping stone club anymore. I know Enic aren’t perfect but we don’t have Man U poaching our best players anymore.

Anyone remember when Steven Carr thought Newcastle was a step up? Jesus

Steven Carr was an idiot, so he doesn't really count, hehe.

It's a bit rich though praising ENIC for it all. .

Fiscally speaking, Campbell, Carr and Co were very, very expensive lessons for ENIC to learn about not losing players through untimely renewals. And it's gotten more expensive since, because now for a while they have gone in the other trench, panicking about the sight of not getting sell on fees.

It's not like it's their excellent managment turning it around. More like 20 years of repeated squad managment mistakes driving slow learning.

Steven Carr was an idiot, so he doesn't really count, hehe.

It's a bit rich though praising ENIC for it all. .

Fiscally speaking, Campbell, Carr and Co were very, very expensive lessons for ENIC to learn about not losing players through untimely renewals. And it's gotten more expensive since, because now for a while they have gone in the other trench, panicking about the sight of not getting sell on fees.

It's not like it's their excellent managment turning it around. More like 20 years of repeated squad managment mistakes driving slow learning.
I’m not sure it’s ENIC learning (directly), more so they are delegating football matters to professionals rather than bumbling through on their own

We had the same shit from people about Modric too. Some people just don’t get football at all. It is the fifa ultimate team generation who only look at stats. Stats are supposed to support an opinion, not be the sole basis of them

Noob is a great word

I fucking hate cunts hell bent on slagging off or trying to sell Lucas Moura. He is a brilliant player. He ain’t our best but he is still fucking good. Cunts out there throwing stats around I swear don’t watch games or understand football. The bloke must be a bloody nightmare for the opposition.

Moussa Dembele is incredibly over-rated by our fans and is revered like he was a midfield saviour when he wasn't, the only reason why people go OTT on the revisionism is because it's the last time we had a competent midfield which makes him look 10X better than he was.
Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

Tell me you didn't have a season ticket in 2016-17 without telling me you didn't have a season ticket in 2016-17? :levyeyes:

Haha people always refer to that season when they talk about WHL but let's be real it was the team that made that season, not the stadium...I remember some horrible times when I went to WHL in the past that lasted far longer than a season.

I have never been a season ticket holder so maybe it is different for them, but our new stadium is incredible. Everything about it is upgraded on WHL, the atmosphere for the Liverpool, West Ham and Woolwich matches last season was insane. Best stadium in Europe for me, and when you have the best stadium it’s hard to miss our old ground (despite the memories).

Back
Top Bottom