Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not questioning the point of pre-season, and never did. Don't know why you keep bringing this.
It's obviously going to help big time.

Not sure if you're aware how a debate works, you mentioned pre season here, I was merely replying to it.

And i know that Conte didn't have pre-season, that he come in the middle of the season, and all of that, but that doesn't mean we automatically will become title contender.

If you want to look at the 'whole picture' you'd understand that having a pre season is pretty important, my point was that we never had a pre season under Conte and we improved dramatically so there's scope for even more improvement.

Obviously that by itself won't only make us a title contender but it's a key catalyst, that's the point.

Did i say we will look worst than last year? No i haven't. But it's completely unrealistically to compare and expect to be at Liverpool or City level.
We won't be. Anyone thinking we are going from struggling to get top 4 to a title contender have unrealistic expectation.
You got your view i got mine.

Conte is World class manager, no doubt about that, but Klopp and Pep is already world class, and they have a huge 6-7 years lead, better squad, better depth and are super used to everything in PL, and have perfected their style and team.

It was also completely unrealistic to think that we'd beat City twice last season, that we'd finish top 4 when Conte came in, that our defence would keep 16 clean sheets last season, that Davies and Dier would be 2 of our key players etc... :thumbup:

Yeah and we've been through this, you're comparing Klopp and Pep to Conte when I already told you that he's a notorious quick fixer and he has history of it - you're a Conte fan so you should know - the comparison is pointless

On top of that both Chelsea and United are more powerful than us.
This is the reality. It's way too much to overcame for just 1 season.

And yeah obviously i include all the matches, cause in the new season we will have even more.
And people judge on cups as well.

As far as our struggle, it was because we absolutely lack creativity in the midfielders.
If the team plays open, we are great, if they are tight, and with good MF-s we are terrible.
That was the story.

Utd and Chelsea more powerful than us, the two clubs that have made a grand total of 0 signings so far, you haven't noticed the nonsense going on at both clubs by any chance have you? I don't get your point?

Yeah we will have more matches but now we'll have a bigger squad to compete.

Also your point about lacking creativity in midfield is fair but first and foremost Conte's system relies on creativity from the wing backs ours weren't up to scratch last season for the most part, in the games against the low block teams our wing backs weren't penetrative enough and when they they had the ball they did nothing with it, but again it's a pointless argument because we are still strengthening the team.

I'm genuinely surprised. Felt like a bit of a slog for long periods last season until the final few weeks. I'm not one of those weirdos who doubles down when proven to be wrong so thanks for putting me right!
We actually had more points that the season we were in the mix for the title and lost 5-1 to Newcastle on the last day to finish third.

There is a sense of “points inflation” going on because both City and Pool had been netting 90+ yearly recently and that used to be a rare occasion. But 70 points remains a pretty good tally for third/fourth on most seasons

This is the danger of waiting too long for the top targets to make up their mind...and one could end up missing out on the next player in line. Apart from Gvardiol the 3 other top candidates (Pau Torres, Bastoni & Ndicka) are very close to each other in terms of quality, as I have certain concerns about each one of them when it comes to adapting to the EPL pace (but then again, those concerns may prove futile)

This is the danger of waiting too long for the top targets to make up their mind...and one could end up missing out on the next player in line. Apart from Gvardiol the 3 other top candidates (Pau Torres, Bastoni & Ndicka) are very close to each other in terms of quality, as I have certain concerns about each one of them when it comes to adapting to the EPL pace (but then again, those concerns may prove futile)

Just so long as he doesn't change his name to N'Dicka then I'm out.

Let’s just put a scouter in Lille’s training ground and snatch their players directly
Read that as a scooter...pictured some Italian bloke loitering around Lille...

22a3ef10eb0c5039085bf1d499f26abb.jpg

If both Rodon and Sanchez will be sold then Spurs would need 2 CB - of which 1 would be a LCB.

I'm not sure Spurs would choose to sell Sanchez this transfer window - he's ok as a back up CB, and I'm not sure for the money we get we'd improve, and getting in 6 or 7 players this TW will be a slog, so no real point in aiming for an 8th unless its going to really improve the squad.

Sure it might happen especially if another cub wants him as part exchange for a player that we want, but otherwise possibly unlikely

Back
Top Bottom