Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs and Liverpool are both big, recognized clubs in the same league with high ambitions and strong budgets yet without consistent Champs League income. Of course we're going to be going after similar targets.

Last edited:
Genius.

He's just not a fan of the game, is I think what he means. He leaves his work at work--he doesn't come home and play FIFA or read scouting reports or think about his idols.

He goes out to a pub to play some foosball instead.

He's spoken, iirc, about how rough his childhood was, and he saw football as the way out. So he got good.

This.

I saw him quoted as saying that when he goes home he enjoys a kick-about with mates, but just isn't interested by the global footbal brand and all that.

If anything it's a totally normal and healthy attitude to your work. I wonder what somebody like Gazza would be doing now if football hadn't been his whole life?

This.

I saw him quoted as saying that when he goes home he enjoys a kick-about with mates, but just isn't interested by the global footbal brand and all that.

If anything it's a totally normal and healthy attitude to your work. I wonder what somebody like Gazza would be doing now if football hadn't been his whole life?

Drinking would still be his whole life unfortunately.

We all know it's bollocks the idea that we copy their scouts, but I never correct the twats when they say it. It's more fun to let them think we copy them but the players prefer us over them. At least the second part is true.

0bf588d9034469763ccaf796af97c2f9.png

LOL

Hah ...well that seems to put the story to rest ... Benny is leaving. It can't be anymore obvious (besides an official statement).

Now that we know he's going ... do you guys think we'll buy a LB like Coentrao ... or would we just stick with how it is and use the money elsewhere?

Seems like a lot of activity to go on this week ...
Probably ... Parker and Benny leaving ....
And maybe .... but hopefully ... we also get an incoming.

0bf588d9034469763ccaf796af97c2f9.png

LOL

Hah ...well that seems to put the story to rest ... Benny is leaving. It can't be anymore obvious (besides an official statement).

Now that we know he's going ... do you guys think we'll buy a LB like Coentrao ... or would we just stick with how it is and use the money elsewhere?

Seems like a lot of activity to go on this week ...
Probably ... Parker and Benny leaving ....
And maybe .... but hopefully ... we also get an incoming.

Honestly don't think we need a LB. If Rose hasn't gained his first team spot yet, then there was notthing for him to do in these friendlies and first game to get the first team notch.

Now if a LB if being bought, I hope we don't pay for Coentrao, maybe if we waive the rest of the Modric money for him. If money is being spent id much rather it be on Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom