Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier is an absolute piece of crap as a player and person.

Him being captain would be a disgrace to this club.

Tell that to Romero.... :cool:

Cristian Romero praises Eric Dier for helping him settle in at Tottenham

And Romero has been speaking to The Athletic this weekend and revealed that Dier has been key for him in settling into things at the club.

“He was instrumental when I joined. We’ve always got on well on and off the field. The fact he speaks Spanish really helps with our on-pitch understanding as well. He was instrumental also in bringing me into the group,” Romero told The Athletic.

“From the day I arrived, he was really good at introducing me to everyone and making me feel at home as well so I was grateful for that. But first and foremost, what a great season he’s having — he brings a lot to the team, loads as a player.”

Last edited:
Premier League and FA Cup semi-finals: 10 things to look out for this weekend

5) Dier shows international quality again

5418.jpg

Tell that to Romero.... :cool:

Cristian Romero praises Eric Dier for helping him settle in at Tottenham

And Romero has been speaking to The Athletic this weekend and revealed that Dier has been key for him in settling into things at the club.

“He was instrumental when I joined. We’ve always got on well on and off the field. The fact he speaks Spanish really helps with our on-pitch understanding as well. He was instrumental also in bringing me into the group,” Romero told The Athletic.

“From the day I arrived, he was really good at introducing me to everyone and making me feel at home as well so I was grateful for that. But first and foremost, what a great season he’s having — he brings a lot to the team, loads as a player.”
I think people underestimate the influence Dier has on the whole club...

Whatever your personal opinion on him as a player, you can't rule out the fact that he seems to be a galvanising force behind the scenes too...

The fact he's multi lingual helps, but also his attitude and experience goes far beyond what he can do on the pitch.

He's a manager's favourite, and has been with several of them... That's no coincidence.

Future Captain, maybe a Manager, or even club ambassador when he hangs up his boots...

I love Eric Dier.... and, (so I've heard)
Eric Dier loves me!

If Spurs do get 4th Southgate cannot leave Dier out, playing that long history of thuggery minging Mings in an England shirt instead is a dishonour to the national team.

Only thing with Dier is the way he blocks shots with his arms behind his back then he turns away so the ball doesn't hit him in the face. He needs to take it for the team and also have his arms at his sides!

If Spurs do get 4th Southgate cannot leave Dier out, playing that long history of thuggery minging Mings in an England shirt instead is a dishonour to the national team.

Only thing with Dier is the way he blocks shots with his arms behind his back then he turns away so the ball doesn't hit him in the face. He needs to take it for the team and also have his arms at his sides!
tbf, the poor bugger is probably still getting PTSD from that newcastle pen.

No he doesn’t. Getting whacked in the face and getting dazed or a head injury is no good to anyone, and he keeps his arms behind his back because if he’s then hit on the arm by the ball it’s unlikely to be handball. If his arms are by his sides they could naturally move away from the body or make the body appear bigger which makes it more likely a penalty would be given if he’s hit by the ball.

Maybe it was more to do with the hyperbolic nature of the post.
Hyberbolic because i made a crap joke using the phonetics of his name? The rest is my well reasoned assessment from watching him make costly errors for several years. He makes less under conte and this system masks some of his flaws but i cant see us in a title race next year if he is starting. To you thats exaggeration?

Back
Top Bottom