January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Behind the scenes, there is and have been no constant of sporting vision for how the club wants to play and how to achieve it.
Because that consistency has to come from ENIC and they simply do not care. Their solitary ambition is CL football. 20 years of trophyless 4th place finishes would be wonderful for them.

The move here would be to hire a manager that would fit with the players and/or style we have. But that would require a plan and thinking that as you say the club does not have.
You either need to build around a stable system and tactics and limit yourself to managers who fit that setup, or need to focus on managers who are tactically flexible and can get the best out of who they're given.

Anytime we're not in the Champions League, Levy completely reverses everything every 18 months.

Honestly we wouldn't of even needed to spend that much if levy and paratici had pulled their finger out. Sell tanguy,Doherty,dele,lo celso bare minimum bring in neves ward prowse rafinha lamptey. Those deals could all be done if you do them at a fair price for all sides. £45m tanguy £30m lo celso £20m dele £10m Doherty. £40m neves £35m ward prowse £35m lamptey £55m rafinha. Off the top of my head. Throw in sessengnon for another 15m and you really haven't laid that much out to vastly improve and give a lot more balance to this squad. You've got to want to make it happen like villa have done since the summer.

Your prices are utterly insane...... And you actually think they're significantly reduced??? :pochshock:

Ndombele 45m????

Levy would give Parratici a job for life if he could pull that off!!!

........Get 30m for GLC too and he'd probably make the guy chairman and retire!!!!

who would you take kus or ousmane dembele given the choice

That is tough.

It would really depend on what the deal was for each.

Kulesevski for anything close to the 40m that is rumoured or even 30m seems like a bad idea. Dembele for anything other than a cheap punt for the next 6 months seems way too risky,

Ultimately if you could get the right deal I would go with Dembele, at least you know the talent is there.

What’s all this talk about a project manager ? Do utd , city , pool and Chelsea hire them? Fuck no, hire one of the best (which we have)and go for glory. We are the mighty spurs not Southampton
City and Liverpool both had the patience to ride out early struggles with managers they knew were top class and capable of building something great.

Pep and Klopp would have been out at Chelsea with the same results.

What’s all this talk about a project manager ? Do utd , city , pool and Chelsea hire them? Fuck no, hire one of the best (which we have)and go for glory. We are the mighty spurs not Southampton

I am not sure there is "all this talk", but if Conte leaves because we don't back him then it shows that under ENIC we are not willing to run our club like Chelsea, United, Liverpool or City.

Just because the word project manager was used doesn't mean you aren't hiring a bad manager, just one that takes a different approach to how they operate.

I'm not your pal, mate.

I will stick to my guns thanks.
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Wolves are right below us in the PL table, why would they sell us their best player?

The same reason they sold Jota to Liverpool. They are a smaller club that moves its top players on to bigger clubs.

I am not sure they would move him in January, but if Neves wants more than a outside shot at Europa League and someone comes in with 40-50m Wolves aren't to be able to keep him long.

wages are a problem but 18 mill is nothing thats adama money and ousmane is far more talented

big risk but it could also be a high reward if we have him even 85% of his best

son kane and dembele would destroy teams on the break

Because that consistency has to come from ENIC and they simply do not care. Their solitary ambition is CL football. 20 years of trophyless 4th place finishes would be wonderful for them.

From a financial POV that would be utterly fantastic.

The cult argues that success is good for business. LOL. Success is dear, inconsistent and fickle. What is good for business is doing just enough to remain a part of the gravy train. And ENIC may feel by now (with 6 big clubs, not counting NUFC even) that 4th spot too is too fickle to gamble on. The main gravy train remains the PL.

Sorry. You are right about what you say there. Any consistency would have to be football people making long term strategies in long term jobs and long term perspectives applied. Which would demand that ENIC gave up on controlling football matters, being a part of transfer, of hiring and firing football people and being involved in the FC itself. And that will never EVER happen in their ownership. Investment or not.

Parasite is clearly in bed with several agents. This isn't some way out conspiracy theory. The lack of imagination and ambition coupled with the Juve out list tells you this. This guy is trouble and with Hitchens and Levy in the mix, don't expect any real progress in the near future.
Sad but honest.
Is he in bed with mendes? I read it mendes involvement which scuppered the Diaz deal. He wanted a cut. If that’s true then we should this lump of shit. Surely his already had far too many fuck ups in his short time. We seemed to be linked with crap. If we are going after Carlos at his age then we should have gone for digne.

Back
Top Bottom