January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have watched him play a lot for Colombia. He goes all out. No lack of effort ever.
cocaine GIF

I'm surprised as villa have more ambition than we do.
Gerrard made some interesting comments about him the other day.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ston-villa-Woolwich-douglas-contract-22866041

"No, we haven't opened contract talks yet with Douglas. I think in this period and in this window, it has been the case of trying to strengthen the current squad, make additions and, also, find destinations for some of our younger players in terms of loans."

"Dougie has done OK for us. We've been happy with his training level and the performances that he has given.

"We still think that there's room for him to get better and improve. You know, he had a bit of an injury when we first arrived and we still think there's another gear or two for Dougie to go into.

"He's doing us a job as a No.6 at the moment. We know that he maybe prefers to play a bit more advanced but he's helped us out an awful lot on the back of Nakamba's injury.

"We rate the player extremely high and we're hoping from now until the end of the season, he can really perform at his best and help the team moving forward."

The two other biggish clubs in England who've hired new managers since the last window shut.

One desperate and the other keeping to their promise. Who else?

Villa have bought no one I would have wanted and Coutinho was always going to Villa once Gerrard put the call in. Newcastle are just going scattergun and can afford to.

I am not disputing we have needs but we ain't DanHotpur yet.

We do, they want him and have agreed to pay his full salary and they've been trying to chuck loads of players at us.
No. He is a 200k pw noose around our necks. If we don't ship him out by Monday it will be hugely damaging.

Not many clubs can cover his wages and of the few that can it seems PSG are the only one with interest. Plus Ndombele wants to go there.

They know we will play hardball for a bit but eventually we will have to cave. We probably end up paying a fair chunk of it.

Thr awkward moment when you want to praise Aston Villa's transfer business in order to point fingers at ENIC and Levy but then your realise that Calum Chambers is absolutely fucking shit

Back
Top Bottom