Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeh where is he!!
Probably still saying Kane needs to leave.

I think we all change a bit when it suits us. Newcastle bid 50m for winks & Doherty.
We are all for blood money in that regard. It’s hard to balance morals with self interest.

Well you have three options in the modern game really as far as I can tell.

1. Acknowledge football is all about the money and stop wasting time on it.
2. Accept we are going to be a mediocre club scratching around the Europa places under the ENIC model.
3. Get a moustache twirling, human rights abusing, billionaire. Call him daddy and wallow in the "glory"

Pick your poison, it's all shite from where I'm standing.

Might all be "Shite" but it's certainly not all the same.

Imagine you're the owner of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus or Bayern Munich. You're pretty fucked off that the European Super League has crumbled now. In the near future you're about to have another financially doped club armed with Premier League TV money taking your Champions League TV and prize money, raising transfer fees and wages and stealing your best players or transfer targets.

It is bad for PL clubs, but we wont be the only ones pissed off with it. I really wouldn't be surprised if the ESL is resurrected in some guise after this news. If anything, the uproar over the ESL should be inconsequential compared to this takeover.

Imagine you're the owner of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus or Bayern Munich. You're pretty fucked off that the European Super League has crumbled now. In the near future you're about to have another financially doped club armed with Premier League TV money taking your Champions League TV and prize money, raising transfer fees and wages and stealing your best players or transfer targets.

It is bad for PL clubs, but we wont be the only ones pissed off with it. I really wouldn't be surprised if the ESL is resurrected in some guise after this news. If anything, the uproar over the ESL should be inconsequential compared to this takeover.

The reason why the ESL had such uproar was it was 100% excluding other teams from fair access to European competition. The Chelsea, City and now Newcastle buyout does the same but it still gives you the illusion of fairness, the odd Leicester City story so we can pretend there is still reasonable competition.

What I find more remarkable is how corporate wokery and virtue signalling has been exposed. Premier league all BLM, taking the knee, pro-LGBT while allowing club owners that are murderers, racists, slave owners, beheaders, torturers, gangsters and women haters to run the show. Hooligans, EDL and Tommy Robinson are just pathetic insignificant small fry compared to the evil running our game but we all need to be scared of them but look the other way when it comes to something vastly bigger. Taking the fans and public for stupid mugs.

Last edited:
Have to say I hope the day some genocidal tyrant buys our team I hope I have the power to walk away. Oddly I think I would stop supporting Spurs but still be ranting away on this forum for years after.

Makes me wonder who I would follow.

Last edited:
The reason why the ESL had such uproar was it was 100% excluding other teams from fair access to European competition. The Chelsea, City and now Newcastle buyout does the same but it still gives you the illusion of fairness, the odd Leicester City story so we can pretend their is still reasonable competition.

What I find more remarkable is how corporate wokery and virtue signally has been exposed. Premier league all BLM, taking the knee, pro-LGBT while allowing club owners that are murderers, racists, slave owners, beheaders, torturers, gangsters and women haters to run the show. Hooligans, EDL and Tommy Robinson are just pathetic insignificant small fry compared to the evil running our game but we all need to be scared of them but look the other way when it comes to something vastly bigger. Taking the fans and public for stupid mugs.
well said

Have to say I hope the day some genocidal tyrant buys our team I have the power to walk away. Oddly I think I would stop supporting Spurs but still be ranting away on this forum for years after.

Makes me wonder who I would follow.
I've got a few Spanish clubs to choose from without feeling I would have betrayed Spurs.

The reason why the ESL had such uproar was it was 100% excluding other teams from fair access to European competition. The Chelsea, City and now Newcastle buyout does the same but it still gives you the illusion of fairness, the odd Leicester City story so we can pretend their is still reasonable competition.

What I find more remarkable is how corporate wokery and virtue signally has been exposed. Premier league all BLM, taking the knee, pro-LGBT while allowing club owners that are murderers, racists, slave owners, beheaders, torturers, gangsters and women haters to run the show. Hooligans, EDL and Tommy Robinson are just pathetic insignificant small fry compared to the evil running our game but we all need to be scared of them but look the other way when it comes to something vastly bigger. Taking the fans and public for stupid mugs.

Yes. It was a terrible idea not to have promotion to it. If they had and framed it as an alternative to UEFA (who people are sceptical of) then I think it would have been more palatable to most. Really greedy and short sighted.

they're being taken over by a slave owning, gay hating, journalist dismembering, terrorist funding, blood moneyed, authoritarian petro-tyrant

I am not kidding. I would stop supporting Spurs if we did this. It would break my heart but I have morals
...but you appreciate bullfighting as an artform - hmmmmm. So much for your morals, mate.

The 4 closest teams to me are Brighton, Palace, Crawley and Millwall.

Crawley play in red - Out
Palace have those muggy ultras -Out

Brighton Vs Millwall - two completly different ends of the political spectrum and wokery.

Decisions, decisions.

Probably just stick with Dagenham and Redbridge. I used to go there a bit as a teenager cos it was cheap and local.

Probably just stick with Dagenham and Redbridge. I used to got here a bit as a teenager cos it was cheap and local.

Actually, although my old man was Woolwich, most of his side of the family are QPR so I have that connection to them.

Edit: And they do concession tickets for 61 and over......

Last edited:
The problem is there are 50 000 people every week who will turn a blind eye to those details as will the media and UEFA.

Having any sort of moral conscience in this era is pretty much pointless when it comes to the world of football.

So anyone that does have a "moral conscience" should just abandon their principals?

Surely you can see that (effectively) promoting apathy does nothing else but help consolidate the above mentioned "problem".

Back
Top Bottom