Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort the defense out and a ST2 (unless the other one leaves) and I'll be happy enough for now....

RB: <NEW RB> / Tomiyasu
CB: Romero / Boateng (free) / Rodon / Tomiyasu / Dier / Davies
LB: Regg / Sess / Davies

+ <ST2> = 4 more players + 3 already in = 7

....Any more than that in one window would be mayhem.
Either way, integrating all these players is going to be tough, I got this down as a transitional season.

I'd agree, by and large. He isn't quite the talent, Eriksen was. And he didn't impress me as much, as he did some at the Euros.

What I will say (as a Dane) is that it's worth noting, that Hjulmand - the Danish NT coach - is the one, who gave Damsgaard his break at club level, and he's a coach who looks, for lack of a better word, holistically at football and players. He's at least as much as talent looking at characters (and building character). Agreed, the Danish league is no great shake, but the specific club, from which he came, has been a virtual conveyer belt of talent for the best part of a decade, and yet Damsgaard stood out. My understanding is that the reason is, that while he didn't really have the physicality, he still stood up to anything and anyone thrown at him, and just knuckled down.

He's no Eriksen 2.0 but what's promising about this imho is the fact that similar noises have been coming out about Gil. About character. If this, along with a know-how and a huge contact book, is what Paratici brings to the club, ie. signing players with cojones to along with raw talent, then I'm ready to get excited, if we start to push deals over the line.
Okay, thanks for the insight. It is interesting reading.

For matter of fact - I am not 100% against buying him. But I would like us to first address the big issues in the squad. And also I'd like to see his value reflecting the gamble. 30-mil player should have done and impressed me more. Back in the day Eriksen joined for 12 mil, which despite player-price inflation was still good value deal. But now people tout around sums like 40 mil for Tammy Abraham for example and if I would have to choose between Abraham for 40 (when we are sooner or later looking at ST position issues) or Damsgaard for 30, then I have no doubts I'd pick 1st option.

Were you comlain8ng when Blackburn we’re breaking transfer records.
Clubs with the most money have always bought the best players.
Having said that we shouldn’t be having countries owning football clubs.
Completely skews the market.
What's that got to do with Sky being hypocrites?

Just seen the Alex Nubel joined Monaco on what looks like a two year loan. Interesting, weren't we linked with him when Paul Mitchell was here? Stupid career choice to go to Bayern when he did.
We were interested in him when Mourinho was here. I can't get my head around his decision, though I've no doubt rather than promise him a shot at being our number one, we offered him back-up to Hugo and he would rather stay in Germany to be back up.

Vastly superior goalkeeper to Gollini, but then again when you are mainly focused on one league, you don't see much.

Admin Admin - sort this shit out, there's pages of shit about international matches, nothing to do with Spurs or transfers
Agreed

oh btw , thoughts on the Kisvarda FC v Gyirmot match in Hungary tonight ? I know Gyirmot came up last season , finishing 2nd behind Debrecen, ( what a result that was for them last week , 4-1 away from home ) but they got a draw last week against MTK , I can’t see beyond a Kisvarda win though , can you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom