Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's be clear, the stadium makes us a much richer, higher revenue producing club TODAY. We have the big money NOW, and it will only get bigger.

We can moan about cheese rooms and the like, but the fact is Levy's intention with the stadium was to maximize revenue, and he's done that brilliantly while nonetheless giving the club a home where many more supporters can attend the games and which provides a great atmosphere. It's a job Levy was well qualified to do, and he's done it and left the club with a home ground it can be proud of.

But it's done. The club first announced its intentions to create a new stadium in 2007, and the project has consumed the business leadership ever since then, but now it's done. We're overdue for a naming rights deal, that's kind of the last little appendix, but the stadium work is done, the major commercial deals are signed to long terms, all questions of TV income are handled outside of the club, the die is now cast in terms of the club's revenue going forward.

So now the question is how to we optimize that revenue to perform on the pitch, and it gets clearer by the day that ENIC have no plan whatsoever on that front beyond revolving platitudes and Daniel Levy's swashbuckling ego.

The ENIC project is over, it's time for them to hand the keys to someone else.
I'm not sure I totally agree with your last point but a decent post nonetheless.

Also, the biggest part of that message that stood out to me was this sentence...

"It has never been because we don’t care about or respect you, our fans – nothing could be further from the truth."

And yet...

- They charge £60, the highest ticket price in the league for the only home game fans can attend.

- They tried to pull the club into a European Super League with absolutely no fan input whilst going against everything that this club stands for.

- Tried to move us out of North London and away from WHL.

- Charge the highest ticket prices in Europe for our supporters whilst spending the square root of fuck all on investment into the team despite his twisting of the financials to say otherwise.

Actions speak louder than words Danny boy and the game is up, the fans have cottoned on to your bullshit.
Don't be too harsh. Anyone can accidentally forget a comma. I've inserted it, and now the statement makes more sense:

"It has never been, because we don’t care about or respect you, our fans..."

We have an estimated value of £1.67bn. ENIC could walk away, clear the debt and have over £1bn in the bank fr their troubles. They wont be too worried.

As our naming rights get tied up, and debt gradually cleared that £1bn will creep up. They could quite easily clear it over 15 years without too much impact on the club. At the end of that period they might have an asset worth in excess of £2bn.

We have an estimated value of £1.67bn. ENIC could walk away, clear the debt and have over £1bn in the bank fr their troubles. They wont be too worried.

As our naming rights get tied up, and debt gradually cleared that £1bn will creep up. They could quite easily clear it over 15 years without too much impact on the club. At the end of that period they might have an asset worth in excess of £2bn.

The £1.67 bn valuation already includes the debt, and the asset.

If a buyer pays us our value they take over the debt, it will not be ENIC's liability any longer, it is NOT a personal debt of our shareholders.

If club is valued at, and new buyer pays £1.67bn, they walk away with £1.67bn, well 85.5% of that (their shareholding anyway) and the other shareholders walk away with the other 14.5%, or alternatively a buyer would just buy their shares, but will not be discounted by any debt left on stadium.

Last edited:
"return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining"

So you appointed Jose ? Fuck off
It’s always his go to line when he appoints a manger and it goes tits up.

Pretty sure he’s used that exact line after sacking Ramos AVB and now Mourinho.

The guy is a spoofing cunt, desperate to try and get the fans back on side. Too late though.

Two flukes for Leicester doesn’t disprove anything. The two manchester clubs, the two London rivals and Liverpool hoover up 95% of domestic trophies. The mega wealthy on the continent win all their domestic titles and cups. Money = trophies.

building a bigger home to accommodate more of our fans leads to more money. We need more to win, it is that simple.
That's two more flukes than we've had in the past 20 years.

You wanna know why we are loosing the likes of Kane? Because he could be earning Mega Money. Instead he has loyalty to us and the team. So he stayed at Spurs for 200000 when Ozil and Sanchez were chasing 400000.

Now we fans won't boycott a Brand Company because we believe they will still carry on operating?

Let's say there are 20 million Spurs fans around the world. Do you think a company wouldn't feel it if those 20 million Spurs fans boycott them? It will make a statement. At the end of the day, "No supporters, No Club." You have more power than you believe and are led to believe.

Hats to anyone who gives up their season tickets in protest but with 50k fans in the waiting list, I feel it's pissing in the wind.

Same goes for not buying merchandise. Nike will still pay their sponsorship money and fans all over the world will make Nike whole again.

The only way we see the back of ENIC, and it pains me to say this, is a prolonged period of suffering.
Suffering will last as long as we allow.

The stadium wasn't built for 30k extra average fans like us.
It was built for the £20k a year premium seats. For the naming deal he fucked up. For the non Spurs events that haven't been allowed to happen.

Can't blame Levy for Covid. But only Spurs could spend a billion quid on a stadium and within a year find clubs all over the world playing in empty stadiums, totally negating any benefit it had and crippling us with debts we can't possibly repay the way we initially intended.
Spursy.

I think it's not quite as insensitive as accusing somebody that they're not a real fan of a team, when they have closely supported the club for the past 20 odd years and piled a lot of money into match tickets and shirts.

I care so much about the club that I want to encourage real scrutiny of how the club is run, NOT the individual players. Because this is the only way I see a chance of achieving my lifelong dream of seeing spurs win a major trophy before I grow too old and senile to appreciate it.
Thanks for your reply and not resorting to bad language to making your point. I apologize for questioning your intentions and your level of support. Emotions are running high at the moment and think there's a small part of fearing that he ends up the Chavs!

"We have been so focused on delivering the stadium and dealing with the impact of the pandemic, that I feel we lost sight of some key priorities and what’s truly in our DNA."

That's the closest you'll ever get to Levy admitting he fucked up the last 3-5 years regarding players/Poch

"We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent."

This is also him admitting that Mourinho was an awful mistake.

A lot of words but actions speak louder so I'm not holding my breath.
Guff

isn’t it a shame when you start reading his message that the voice in your head just goes “ Yada yada yads .....”

600m owed on the stadium, which we are 23 years away from needing to pay any of. It is funded by long-term bonds. All we pay in the interim is the interest.

And whose decision was it to spend £1,2billion on a stadium, when £500m would have given us same effect in reality, and not diverted funds away ? Basically he gave himself an unlimited budget with our funds, and still delivered it with a massive delay.

It was an ego-project that totally diverted funds away from the playing staff.
Last time I looked we were still called Tottenham Hotspur FOOTBALL Club, not Tottenham Property Ltd.
Isn't the £1.2bn you quoted for the entire redevelopment, including the hotel, sports complex, housing if it all gets built?

Isn't the £1.2bn you quoted for the entire redevelopment, including the hotel, sports complex, housing if it all gets built?

No, £1,2bn is the gross value of asset in the books, in other words what we have spent on the stadium as is.

Does not include any Work in Progress or future projects which will be on top

Wembley £789m for a 90k stadium (£1.1b in today's money)
Everton £500m budget in comparison.

Just shows how reckless, over initial budget and extravagant we were with the build.

Last edited:
The investing over £250m sounds like a lot...

Pity you spent most of it on fucking shite.

Screenshot-20210519-165507-Chrome.jpg

Thanks for your reply and not resorting to bad language to making your point. I apologize for questioning your intentions and your level of support. Emotions are running high at the moment and think there's a small part of fearing that he ends up the Chavs!
Thanks, no apology needed. I know it's really a terrible situation for everyone. I just wish we could realistically convince players like kane, modric, Bale to stay and surround them with quality. Feel like the need for another impending rebuilt has killed my optimism.

I'm a fan but I know there are fans that have dedicated much more money and time to supporting spurs than myself. I think it's about time we all got repaid for our loyalty!

Everyone is fixated on getting the right manager , quite rightly.

But for me if we don't spend big this summer that's an even bigger problem.. We need to become competitive again.

Everyone is fixated on getting the right manager , quite rightly.

But for me if we don't spend big this summer that's an even bigger problem.. We need to become competitive again.

Agreed, and it has to be the right players too.
I think the only way I'll regain real hope is if spurs start buying the best players at big clubs (within reason). Players that the clubs are desperate to hold onto. No more bargain hunting of short contract players as a first port of call.

I. E. Start closing the dybala/ruben dias/ grealish deals that were 'close but didn't quite come off'.

Show the world that Spurs are a club that means business. Bale returning does not count. I was so excited to hear that he was coming back out of nostalgia, but in hindsight, its pretty bloomin obvious that he wasn't going to be a raging success.

Top players are out there at a premium. On top of what we had, we only needed one or two extra premium level players to achieve special things. We had a Liverpool-style watershed moment, they chose to buy van dijk and Alison and they became unstoppable. We chose to cheap out and now weve reinforced our status as a laughing stock among other fans.

Start recruiting the level of player that our beloved team has been operating at. Top 2-3 level players.

Agreed, and it has to be the right players too.
And in a world where the young players with big potential but relatively short track records are becoming these massive-dollar, difficult-to-make deals, we just don't have the structure to ensure we're spending our money well.

We forget because of the strained sagas of the last few years, Levy used to do a shitload of business in pretty much every window.

In Summer 05 we brought in Tom Huddlestone, Paul Stalteri, Aaron Lennon, Teemu Tainio, Wayne Routledge, Edgar Davids, Lee Young-Pyo, Jermaine Jenas, and Grzegorz Rasiak and then brought in Hossam Ghaly and Danny Murphy in January.

Pretty typical of that era for us, bringing 8, 9, 10 players in a season, and moving players out as well. Targeting mainly assets with sell-on value, and some veterans to plug the gaps around them.

The deals were easier to make, the competition wasn't as smart, the dollar figures relative to the marginal value of the players wasn't as high, you could get away with running things that way.

Those days are just gone and we have not evolved with them. It's a huge problem added on top of the huge financial problem.

Back
Top Bottom