Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll clear it up once an for all. Slowly.

You wanted me to bet £100.

If ENIC were proven to be taking dividends or payments from the extra events I would lose the bet.

However, I have never actually claimed that they were.

So naturally, I was curious to know why you thought I should participate in such a bet.

I could only imagine that you must have thought I had. (Or why offer the bet?)

So, quite reasonably, requested that you find evedence.

However, I'm happy that at the end of this one good cause will benefit
Also slowly.

I said IF they were to START to take dividends from the club.

You have previously intimated that Enic will take money from the extra events.

I never said that you claimed that they were taking dividends, or that you claimed that they would start taking dividends.

You wrongly made an assumption.

You demanded that I provide proof of something I never said.

Then you said that you knew that I never said it. So instead of owning up to your mistake, you moved the goal posts.

Hopefully this clears it up for you.

Interesting, I thought ENIC would be the owners rather than the football club.

THFC the company is governed by covenant - the assets (including the stadium) must remain the property of the football club. Whilst ENIC control the football club through an 85% shareholding they cannot sell the ground, or any other fixed assets, only their shares. The people who created our club were to clever for that.

Would anyone be able to prove they were taking extra or dividends anyway? They aren't required to divulge that information, are they?

Sure you could look at the yearly financial statement but what's stopping them leaving things out? They legally don't have to declare anything publicly, do they?
Of course they do - any dividends have to be declared in the accounts - it is a legal requirement in the UK as they form a taxable payment.

Even you can't believe "leaving things out" is even remotely acceptable in a shareholding company, did you ever work for Enron?

Would anyone be able to prove they were taking extra or dividends anyway? They aren't required to divulge that information, are they?

Sure you could look at the yearly financial statement but what's stopping them leaving things out? They legally don't have to declare anything publicly, do they?

They could falsify their accounts, sure, and then be heavily fined and/or eventually go to prison.....really not sure its worth it

I never said that you claimed that they were taking dividends, or that you claimed that they would start taking dividends.

You wrongly made an assumption.
Oh for Heaven's sake man.

You clearly and unequivocally challenged me to a bet on something you since backtracked on and admit I never claimed.....

Its OK to admit you was wrong to offer that bet, mate. We all make mistakes.
Grow some fucking balls for once.
Asking you to provide evidence you know you can't produce has exposed you once and for all....

Yet despite all this. Despite me not claiming they have or will take dividends. in the name of charity I've taken up your bet even though I can't win.

:mourfacepalm:

They could falsify their accounts, sure, and then be heavily fined and/or eventually go to prison.....really not sure its worth it
Billionaires tend to employ extremely clever accountants to ensure that does not happen, and very good lawyers if it does
However i don’t know why I posted the above cos I tend to agree with you, for what they might extract it is really not worth the hassle
was probably easier to delete the first bit to save me writing the second bit

Billionaires tend to employ extremely clever accountants to ensure that does not happen, and very good lawyers if it does
However i don’t know why I posted the above cos I tend to agree with you, for what they might extract it is really not worth the hassle
was probably easier to delete the first bit to save me writing the second bit

The government would definitely go after PL clubs if they thought there was any wrong doing, they got Rangers in the end, imagine how publicly popular it would be to trip up Spurs right now....by default 90% of the public would be supportive....I think even some of our 'fans' would be

Of course they do - any dividends have to be declared in the accounts - it is a legal requirement in the UK as they form a taxable payment.

Even you can't believe "leaving things out" is even remotely acceptable in a shareholding company, did you ever work for Enron?

Scary people don’t understand accounting in this day and age. Probably the reason for half the posts in this thread actually.

The government would definitely go after PL clubs if they thought there was any wrong doing, they got Rangers in the end, imagine how publicly popular it would be to trip up Spurs right now....by default 90% of the public would be supportive....I think even some of our 'fans' would be
Not sure about that, but not sure you’re wrong either. Hope I don’t get splinters sitting on the fence on this one

THFC the company is governed by covenant - the assets (including the stadium) must remain the property of the football club. Whilst ENIC control the football club through an 85% shareholding they cannot sell the ground, or any other fixed assets, only their shares. The people who created our club were to clever for that.
That’s very interesting, cheers.

4 years ago the final game at the old stadium was between a young, powerful and optimistic Spurs and a tired and stale Man United. Carrick and Rooney, great players showing that it is time to wind up their careers, peak Dele, Wanyama and Eriksen running the show. Unbeaten at home and looking like we are about to conquer the football world.

4 years on De Gea is the only United player still at the club as far as I can see, and he doesn't start. Total rebuild. More than half the starters in that game still start for us - Hugo, Toby, Dier, Son, Dele and Harry, arguably also Ben Davies. Time for our total rebuild to begin ...

Oh for Heaven's sake man.

You clearly and unequivocally challenged me to a bet on something you since backtracked on and admit I never claimed.....

Its OK to admit you was wrong to offer that bet, mate. We all make mistakes.
Grow some fucking balls for once.
Asking you to provide evidence you know you can't produce has exposed you once and for all....

Yet despite all this. Despite me not claiming they have or will take dividends. in the name of charity I've taken up your bet even though I can't win.

:mourfacepalm:
Ok, let's settle this issue once and for all.
My post that started all this, note the reference to dividends :
If Enic takes any money from the extra revenue or start taking dividends then I'll definitely be in the ENIC out camp.

Which I'm sure will please John Thomas John Thomas .
Your reply
Sadly, stevee stevee , when it came to it, I don't think you would.

:memeokay:

You cast doubt on my statement, so in reply I asked if you wanted a bet, including the thing from my original post.
i.e. DIVIDENDS.

You then started squirming as you don't have the courage to back up your words.* You started whinging about "winning", when the only "winner" would be a charity.

So to please you I changed the terms and you still didn't have the courage of your convictions. In a final attempt I changed the bet again, which you finally accepted. But only after others had called out your squirming and your lack of comprehension.

Do you believe I was wrong to include in the bet something that you doubted my word on?

Do you admit that I never claimed that you said anything about dividends?

Do you admit that you accused me, wrongly, of saying that you talked about dividends?

Do you admit that you demanded evidence for something that I never said?
Even going so far as to ask for me to pay to your charity if I couldn't find it a qoute?

As you say it's OK to admit when you're wrong.
Practice what you preach mate. (Says he, fully expecting more twisting of words and no admission of your error)

*Your words being that you doubted that I would switch to Enic out if they started to take dividends.

Last edited:
4 years ago the final game at the old stadium was between a young, powerful and optimistic Spurs and a tired and stale Man United. Carrick and Rooney, great players showing that it is time to wind up their careers, peak Dele, Wanyama and Eriksen running the show. Unbeaten at home and looking like we are about to conquer the football world.

4 years on De Gea is the only United player still at the club as far as I can see, and he doesn't start. Total rebuild. More than half the starters in that game still start for us - Hugo, Toby, Dier, Son, Dele and Harry, arguably also Ben Davies. Time for our total rebuild to begin ...
That's what happens when myopic cunt owners put profits above the team success

We have bought many players, the sad thing is they are not able to oust the players we had previously. Sanchez and Rodon have not replaced Dier & Toby. The recruitment is the problem.

*Your words being that you doubted that I would switch to Enic out if they started to take dividends.
Yes mate. And I stand by it 100%

Sorry if it upsets you so much, but I can't disguise how I feel.

I don't think you would switch to ENIC out. I think you would swivel and squirm and find a way to apologise for them no matter what.
Maybe you'll prove me wrong. But I very much doubt it. But that's an opinion I'm entitled to.

And remember, it was you that then started running around like a kid with a smacked arse demanding bets left right and centre, on stuff you admit I hadn't posted, just because I gave an honest opinion.

And, of course, it's unlikely to proven that ENIC are taking dividends or scurrying money away from the club even if they were. Particularly as the only evidence you would be prepared to accept are figures from their own accounts.

When you post on a public forum, you need to learn to accept others will form their own opinions based on your posting history.

Get over it.

Back
Top Bottom