In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rodgers has quickly become extremely overrated on this forum.

Leicester’s strength is in their recruiting and scouting .

Reminds me of when we thought Ramos was the reason for Sevilla’s success, when that club was doing well because they an extremely well run organisation.
If we have people like Nuno on the radar... we just need to go for Rodgers and stop the nonsense.

Rodgers' teams are always motivated, committed, dynamic and well drilled.

Just get him, or we'll end up with some rando.

If we have people like Nuno on the radar... we just need to go for Rodgers and stop the nonsense.

Rodgers' teams are always motivated, committed, dynamic and well drilled.

Just get him, or we'll end up with some rando.
I’ve believe we’ve seen his ceiling as a manager. I’d much rather take a chance on Potter. Give Potter Rodgers squad and he’s matching him at the bare minimum IMO

He has a bachelors degree in social sciences and a masters in leadership and emotional intelligence.

If there is one thing Potter knows it is how to connect with people and how to get them on side.
Interesting. Although I could do a degree in football and still be a crap footballer. If he can truly inspire players, worth a closer look.

I don’t hate Rodgers, I’d take him over Mou, but not in lNuove with the idea of him either.
No, but when Levy starts flirting with the idea of NUNO (ffs), you have to put everything into context.

At least with Rodgers you know there's a certain standard and you can work form there.

He knows the league inside out and his style suits us and we're unlikely be going backwards.

Not perfect, by any means, but when you start hearing Espirito being thrown into the pot, it's alarm bells time!

Interesting. Although I could do a degree in football and still be a crap footballer. If he can truly inspire players, worth a closer look.
He did a lot of at first glance wild stuff to build team chemistry when he managed Östersund and got them up through the league system. He was big on them being involved in the community since Östersund wasn't a city with a strong footballing culture or tradition.

During his tenure the club put together a rendition of Swan Lake featuring the squad, put on a concert, did an art exhibit and more. With all his players saying that they had great fun doing it and got more comfortable outside of their comfort zones.

Not saying that he will do the same if he gets the job here. But he finds ways to get through to his players.

Ten hag or Rodgers now for me

Not as in love with potter as most on here, yes plays good football, but hasn't exactly shot Brighton up the league and couldn't achieve promotion with newly relegated Swansea. (obviously would take him over mou though)

He did a lot of at first glance wild stuff to build team chemistry when he managed Östersund and got them up through the league system. He was big on them being involved in the community since Östersund wasn't a city with a strong footballing culture or tradition.

During his tenure the club put together a rendition of Swan Lake featuring the squad, put on a concert, did an art exhibit and more. With all his players saying that they had great fun doing it and got more comfortable outside of their comfort zones.

Not saying that he will do the same if he gets the job here. But he finds ways to get through to his players.
We don't get to see him with his players, but the way he controls emotion on the sideline and works with the press is great IMO.

You keep the drama/emotion in house. Dude knows the theories behind what makes us humans tick, that can only be beneficial.

It's a new era, with gen z kids coming into the ranks. Jose's old way of dragging you through the mud to make you tougher is obsolete.

Change is hard for some of these baby boomers on this board.

Rodgers has quickly become extremely overrated on this forum.

Leicester’s strength is in their recruiting and scouting .

Reminds me of when we thought Ramos was the reason for Sevilla’s success, when that club was doing well because they an extremely well run organisation.
I agree about Leicester being well run but they were struggling under Puel. He also took over a mess at Liverpool when they finished 8th and almost won them the title the year after. Celtic have been rubbish since he left as well. I know he is a bit of a dick, probably has his limitations and is never going to be someone here for 5 seasons but i think he's 2nd choice after Naglesmann. I think he'd have us in or around the top 4 and the football would be 100 times better than we've seen for 2 seasons. For me that will do for a couple of seasons.

Last edited:
My espirito is low going through the names mentioned. We’re fucked aren’t we?

That's what I've been thinking and saying. There isn't many great and realistic options for us right now. Nagelsmann is arguably the most exciting but it's still a long shot, and he's still learning the management game himself.

I don't know why people keep mentioning Rodgers. At best it's a sidestep for him so unless we offer him a staggering amount of money, he's not leaving them for us, and he's not getting sacked by them anytime soon.

That's what I've been thinking and saying. There isn't many great and realistic options for us right now. Nagelsmann is arguably the most exciting but it's still a long shot, and he's still learning the management game himself.

I don't know why people keep mentioning Rodgers. At best it's a sidestep for him so unless we offer him a staggering amount of money, he's not leaving them for us, and he's not getting sacked by them anytime soon.
Rodgers has improved every club he's been at but doesn't excite me for some reason.

Rodgers has improved every club he's been at but doesn't excite me for some reason.

He'd get us playing but then ultimately amounts to nothing in the end. He's a good manager but doesn't seem capable of going to that next level. Would I take him over Jose right now if was possible? Absolutely. But I have to be honest. Every time I've seen Leicester play one of the big teams this season in the Premier League he's suddenly gone on the defensive and lost some of them at a whimper. And Leicester are a team with some fantastic attacking talent in the likes of Vardy, Barnes, Iheanacho, Maddison and Tielemans.

It is not a side step at all.

Leicester are having a nice season but this is way out of the norm for them. They haven't shown the ability to maintain success and certainly are not on the same level as us.

The reason for him to come to us is we are without a doubt a bigger club with a much bigger profile, the likelihood of him having sustained success with us is much more than him having success sustained success with Leicester.

If we wanted guys like Ndidi, Maddison, Fofana there is a good chance we could buy them off Leicester. There is zero chance that Leicester could buy one of our top players that we wanted to keep.

That doesn't mean that he will leave, as Leicester seems to be a perfect fit for him in that he can have success but they don't have the same high standards that will result in him being sacked for his repeated late season dives. I would say that he should realize Leicester is a good fit for him and stay, but I don't think that self-awareness or intelligence are two things that Brenton has, so if he thinks London and Spurs gets him some more bright lights I could easily see him coming here.

No, but when Levy starts flirting with the idea of NUNO (ffs), you have to put everything into context.

At least with Rodgers you know there's a certain standard and you can work form there.

He knows the league inside out and his style suits us and we're unlikely be going backwards.

Not perfect, by any means, but when you start hearing Espirito being thrown into the pot, it's alarm bells time!

Here’s the thing, I’m not exactly sure what Rodgers style is?

He'd get us playing but then ultimately amounts to nothing in the end. He's a good manager but doesn't seem capable of going to that next level. Would I take him over Jose right now if was possible? Absolutely. But I have to be honest. Every time I've seen Leicester play one of the big teams this season in the Premier League he's suddenly gone on the defensive and lost some of them at a whimper. And Leicester are a team with some fantastic attacking talent in the likes of Vardy, Barnes, Iheanacho, Maddison and Tielemans.

Find it funny people are now saying Iheanacho is a talent after slating him year after year for being a City reject.

I also think we put far too much in this idea of being an elite manager.

A select few managers have trophy rooms and most of them, managed elite clubs that could outspend. It's all about timing, just like players careers.

Alan Shearer must not be an elite forward since he never won anything.

Back
Top Bottom