Wycombe Wanderers vs Tottenham Hotspur | FA Cup 4th Round | Monday 25 Jan, KO: 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t want to be too negative we really did dick them and would have been well away with better finishing.

But we really need a midfield rethink in the summer. So reliant on Ndombele and Hojbjerg at the moment. I think we need three midfielders in at least, luckily Skipp returning should fill at least one of those spots.

Enjoyed that. Partly because I was worried just before Bale scored. Wish I had been there but I’ve had a few beers and the commute to my bed is pretty short. Every cloud... Glad Jose made the subs early, showing full respect to Wycombe and the FA Cup. Liked the way Bale kept going and trying - do feel he needs more decent game time and we’ll get some reward. Sonny’s finishing though... surely will come good on Thursday.

:sonpoint:

Commentator was gutted
Well deserved win and with the chances we had the scoreline reflects that

Apparently we didn't win 4-1 according to 5 Live... Commentator said that was NOT 4-1... but surely the little numbers next to Wycombe and Tottenham just now would suggest it WAS 4-1?
Confusing!!

At least Clinton Morrison finally 'came out' as a Spurs fan... proper nailed his colours to the mast when it was suggested it would be so much better for the Cup if Everton, Leicester or Southampton won it... in fact, ANYONE but Spurs!!

Fuck ' em. I'm pleased!

I wouldn't be so arrogant as to say the result was 'never in doubt' but 3 goals in 6 minutes shows we CAN do it when we want to!

We've been crying out to score QuickTime goals to win the game.... just a shame we couldn't have done it half an hour earlier and save us all our fingernails!!

Is it that bad though? Bar Man City then i
Don’t think ours is to bad compared to the rest of the league ? It’s always going to be hard though when it’s a team of players who aren’t match fit.

I think it's just that when they are all on the pitch together we are just so much less functional.

Whereas I feel the likes of Greenwood, Jesus, Abraham, etc. can fit in more seamlessly when they are brought in.

I guess we have a more rigid first XI than the other top teams and if we lose any of them it's very noticeable.

What’s them being “foreign” got to do with fuck all? Winksy reads the daily mail and he has been shite tonight! Any how the reason we are playing the B team is because we have Liverpool Thursday ! Also fuck off about
Vinnie , he is class !

It has - places of non-HG are more valuable, cause they are scarce. I have no issue with Winks being a backup in our squad. He also ran through the midfield alone in 1st half few times. Ball was put on the plate for attackers - they had room, they had chance but the did not take it.

If you say after today that "Vinnie, he is class" I am just assuming you saw your first game of football today. But even then I guess you have understood your mistake by now already - after seeing how actual attackers play like.
I hope you can watch every Vinicius touch today. Cause he started off well with taking down the ball from Moura... aaand that was his positive contribution. Pretty much fucked up every single touch ever since and was absolutely rightfully taken off as 1st player. I was hoping that he would actually become a decent back-up striker for us - we have been craving for one. But he is just not good enough. He has only scored goals against extremely weak sides and today, despite all of our attacking intent he never even came close to threaten Wycombe goal.

Apparently we didn't win 4-1 according to 5 Live... Commentator said that was NOT 4-1... but surely the little numbers next to Wycombe and Tottenham just now would suggest it WAS 4-1?
Confusing!!

At least Clinton Morrison finally 'came out' as a Spurs fan... proper nailed his colours to the mast when it was suggested it would be so much better for the Cup if Everton, Leicester or Southampton won it... in fact, ANYONE but Spurs!!

Fuck ' em. I'm pleased!

I wouldn't be so arrogant as to say the result was 'never in doubt' but 3 goals in 6 minutes shows we CAN do it when we want to!

We've been crying out to score QuickTime goals to win the game.... just a shame we couldn't have done it half an hour earlier and save us all our fingernails!!
Really? Who said that?

It has - places of non-HG are more valuable, cause they are scarce. I have no issue with Winks being a backup in our squad. He also ran through the midfield alone in 1st half few times. Ball was put on the plate for attackers - they had room, they had chance but the did not take it.

If you say after today that "Vinnie, he is class" I am just assuming you saw your first game of football today. But even then I guess you have understood your mistake by now already - after seeing how actual attackers play like.
I hope you can watch every Vinicius touch today. Cause he started off well with taking down the ball from Moura... aaand that was his positive contribution. Pretty much fucked up every single touch ever since and was absolutely rightfully taken off as 1st player. I was hoping that he would actually become a decent back-up striker for us - we have been craving for one. But he is just not good enough. He has only scored goals against extremely weak sides and today, despite all of our attacking intent he never even came close to threaten Wycombe goal.
I like Vinnie , look at the minutes he has played and how many goals he has scored / Contributed to ? But your welcome to write him off in his first season in a foreign country where he is still learning to speak the lingo !

Fuck the anti Spurs agenda.

We would have scored a dozen if not for some bad luck, rustiness, and slippery pitch due to the weather. Yet these cunts are so biased they made it out as if we're getting over the line by penalties or favorable referee decision like their favorite teams.

Back
Top Bottom