***** Wolverhampton Wanderers v Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur FC*********

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LFhmRyR.jpg

Hart, Davies, Rodon, Winks, Lamela, Moura, Vinicius

I wouldn't say Aurier is out of form. The opposite actually.

He just does stupid stuff.

Crazy we are in the same position as last year where Aurier plays despite the fact that we know he can do something daft at any moment.
Doherty in a back 4 has been disappointing, although I'm not surprised.
Another reason our gameplay suffers because Sissoko has to do a babysitting job on him.

I don't think Mourinho actually wants to park the bus against any team outside the top 4. I think we are pushed onto the back foot because are initial passing in our own third isn't good enough.

But part of that reason is that we keep picking Sissoko, who is athletic but has no technical ability. I also feel Sissoko used to have the knack of making powerful dribbles, but has lost confidence to do that now too.
Interesting point re Sissoko. I'd not really thought about it much but the defence first covering for the FB role he's playing under Mourinho has definitely stifled any bulldozing runs that we're used to seeing.

Interesting point re Sissoko. I'd not really thought about it much but the defence first covering for the FB role he's playing under Mourinho has definitely stifled any bulldozing runs that we're used to seeing.

He played the same way under Pochettino too.

Back
Top Bottom