Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think we will ever win at Anfield , ever, it seems to be cursed for us, hopefully there bad away form continues and they will drop more points this weekend away to palace, the only thing that worries me as they didn’t even make 1 sub and they weren’t tired! How is that possible ? Son and Kane looked Fucked but you got Henderson running around fresh as anything
Maybe they've been employing the same 'fitness' tactics as Leieceter* did.... it seemed to work wonders for them a few years back!!!! :sonhmm::pochunimpressed:

*allegedly!!

First half we were poor and scored , second half think we were the better team and should have scored a couple , this is football I guess and it’s all about how we react Sunday !
I think your view of the 2nd half is based on the fact that we didnt spend 95% of it in the last 3rd of the pitch. We were still second best throughout the half, they out passed and outplayed us, because they had the courage and determination to do so. We let that young lad Jones run us ragged and that wonderful pass aside, LoCelso was a spectator for most of his time on the pitch. Our inability to find team mates coming forward from our penalty area was frightening to watch.
Why he didn't play N'Dombele alongside Hoijberg amazed me, his ability to hold onto the ball is far better than GLC's.
All that said, had Bergwijn's shot gone in and Kane scored, we could all be sat with smug grins on our faces.
As it is we have to live with the embarrassment of the infantile rant of an OP.

Still adapting to JM's style, i'm sure our ball retention will improve as the season goes on. Best team lost is a bit of an exaggeration by JM but its true we did have the best chances.

I think we were more attacking and created more than them second half. Just in the last ten mins we dropped our level

First half we were poor and scored , second half think we were the better team and should have scored a couple , this is football I guess and it’s all about how we react Sunday !
I don’t think we were the better team second half but each to their own - we played anti football for most of the game - was actually embarrassing at times for a top of the table team with serious title aspirations

We didn’t deserve to win at all and I haven’t claimed we did.
I simply said we put up a good show, played well and the team doesn’t deserve abuse and vitriol.

Maybe you disagree, but that’s not my problem.

Have you found the stats for all the other teams and times of goals conceded and how many are from set prices in the last ten minutes yet?
You were being a complete prick only a few days ago to those of us seeking to keep our feet on the ground following Chelsea and Liverpool dropping points. I was cautious because of precisely this scenario. You and several others shit on people pointing out that we had clear quality issues in the squad, and those gaps in quality came into play.

Some of us knew the value of those precious 2 points at Palace, but all you had in response was "we're still top of the league" and stuck your fingers in your ears. Well, what's the use in talking about playing well now? We're no longer top of the table.

As for abuse, I'm not calling for abuse towards any player, I'm the one defending the calamitous Bergwijn.

I think your view of the 2nd half is based on the fact that we didnt spend 95% of it in the last 3rd of the pitch. We were still second best throughout the half, they out passed and outplayed us, because they had the courage and determination to do so. We let that young lad Jones run us ragged and that wonderful pass aside, LoCelso was a spectator for most of his time on the pitch. Our inability to find team mates coming forward from our penalty area was frightening to watch.
Why he didn't play N'Dombele alongside Hoijberg amazed me, his ability to hold onto the ball is far better than GLC's.
All that said, had Bergwijn's shot gone in and Kane scored, we could all be sat with smug grins on our faces.
As it is we have to live with the embarrassment of the infantile rant of an OP.

You’ve been supporting Spurs since 1950 and you still know your place.
That’s what’s embarrassing.

Win lose or draw, champions or relegation I will always scream Tottenham first before any other team.
I pander to no one and wear our successes and griefs with equal honour.

Aren’t you a bit old for glory hunting

You were being a complete prick only a few days ago to those of us seeking to keep our feet on the ground following Chelsea and Liverpool dropping points. I was cautious because of precisely this scenario. You and several others shit on people pointing out that we had clear quality issues in the squad, and those gaps in quality came into play.

Some of us knew the value of those precious 2 points at Palace, but all you had in response was "we're still top of the league" and stuck your fingers in your ears. Well, what's the use in talking about playing well now? We're no longer top of the table.

As for abuse, I'm not calling for abuse towards any player, I'm the one defending the calamitous Bergwijn.

You can toe the line as much as you want and bend over for whatever team you want.

I couldn’t care less about being smug and over confident.
We lost.....I’m still Spurs, I’m still proud, I’m not embarrassed of my club and never will be.

I don’t think we were the better team second half but each to their own - we played anti football for most of the game - was actually embarrassing at times for a top of the table team with serious title aspirations
I agree that we were slightly too defensive, especially in the first half, we need to find that balance between parking the bus and being a counter attacking side, at the moment it’s either one or the other

But you can’t expect us to go to anfield and go toe to toe with them? This is why we used to get drubbed by them when Poch was in charge

I agree that we were slightly too defensive, especially in the first half, we need to find that balance between parking the bus and being a counter attacking side, at the moment it’s either one or the other

But you can’t expect us to go to anfield and go toe to toe with them? This is why we used to get drubbed by them when Poch was in charge
Last time at Anfield we were all over them.

Went to bed absolutely fuming, and woke up feeling exactly the same. Hate that we have this Spursy tag, that we just can't seem to get over, even with Jose. Dier, Toby and Harry have to start taking ownership of this in big moments, it's not good enough.

Went to bed absolutely fuming, and woke up feeling exactly the same. Hate that we have this Spursy tag, that we just can't seem to get over, even with Jose. Dier, Toby and Harry have to start taking ownership of this in big moments, it's not good enough.
I find this “not good enough” stuff pretty hard to stomach really.
Especially from a fan base who on the whole derided our transfers, style of play, manager and expected absolutely nothing this season.

You were just being needlessly pessimistic.

At the end of the day, even though they won last night; they don't in turn get the previously dropped points back (nor do Chelsea or City get theirs back as a bonus) ... Any time our rivals drop points is a good thing.... Only trauma hounds would try and spin it any other way.

News flash: Even if we'd beat Palace, Liverpool would still be top this morning.... Thankfully all over main rivals (inc. Liverpool) dropped points at the weekend..... Otherwise the gap would be even bigger....... You see how this works yet?

(Please don't try and claim some form of majority for your mind set either..... Stick with "I" rather then "we" unless you are gonna substantiate by naming names.)

I’m confused how it’s spury to lose at Anfield ? Spursy was being 3-0 up against West Ham with 10 minutes to go and drawing 3 all, yesterday was just us losing football against the current PL champions who haven’t lost at home for how long? People say they weren’t at there best but apart from VVD they started 9 players yesterday who also started the CL final , so how was it “Spursy” ?

I hate it too mate and have also woken up gutted. Agree with the first half of that. However, rather than singling individuals out I’d rather we collectively addressed the ‘bigger moments’....it’s what winners do....and tbh (a testament to where we are now) I expected our team to do that last night.

But for a couple of lapses and we’d have been talking ‘masterclass’ instead. Oh well. It’s done...we lost. Now focus on 3 pts against Leicester

COYS

I find this “not good enough” stuff pretty hard to stomach really.
Especially from a fan base who on the whole derided our transfers, style of play, manager and expected absolutely nothing this season.
I get your point. I think it's more a build up of the last 10 or so years as we have started to challenge and we've been let down in big moments.

Chelsea FA Cup Semi
Battle of the bridge
Juventus CL at home
Champions league final etc

In all those games I personally came away thinking how did we lose this given the chances. Its just all too familiar and it hurts.

Back
Top Bottom