The Return of Fans to Stadiums

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you attend matches at 10-25% capacity

• Yes - COYS!

Votes: 116 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • I'd rather go to another Take That reunion

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
...yes but the transport to & from the game? Even 2,000 fans may create crowded platforms & trains.

What was the travel experience of fans who attended the home game? Anyone?
Just thought of this - are train capacities limited now? If so, maybe the trains wouldn't be crowded but the wait times would be really long to get there and back.

Not a surprise, sadly. The virus is rampant. The monumental fuck up of this government, horrendous loss of lives and livelihoods - as well as the decimation of our economy - continue.

Tier 3 from Wednesday no stadium open what a ball ache
From an infection standpoint the attendance at stadiums here in the US don't seem to be making a big difference. The college football team I follow allows 20% capacity (20,000) and Alabama's infection rate is 73.8 per 100k people. Meanwhile California isn't allowing attendance and its rate is 75.8 per 100k. I think the key is the mask mandate. Tennessee is having a terrible time at 95.9 per 100k and they do not have a mask mandate in place.

edit: good catch John Thomas John Thomas

Last edited:
From an infection standpoint the attendance at stadiums here in the US don't seem to be making a big difference. The college football team I follow allows 20% capacity (20,000) and Alabama's infection rate is 73.8 per 1000 people. Meanwhile California isn't allowing attendance and its rate is 75.8 per 1000. I think the key is the mask mandate. Tennessee is having a terrible time at 95.9 per 1000 and they do not have a mask mandate in place.
Surely your figures should read per 100,000 people. Not per 1,000?

From an infection standpoint the attendance at stadiums here in the US don't seem to be making a big difference. The college football team I follow allows 20% capacity (20,000) and Alabama's infection rate is 73.8 per 1000 people. Meanwhile California isn't allowing attendance and its rate is 75.8 per 1000. I think the key is the mask mandate. Tennessee is having a terrible time at 95.9 per 1000 and they do not have a mask mandate in place.
Think these numbers are possibly not apples to apples given different states are testing different numbers of people. I know they're no a per person basis but if California is test 10x the number of people per capita, surely their numbers would be higher.

It's also not really a good comparison given many more people travel to matches in England via public transit than in America.

Think these numbers are possibly not apples to apples given different states are testing different numbers of people. I know they're no a per person basis but if California is test 10x the number of people per capita, surely their numbers would be higher.

It's also not really a good comparison given many more people travel to matches in England via public transit than in America.
Probably a really good point. Also that should have been per 100k not 1000...

Also one other point, I have a few friends that went to Alabama games this season and they haven't been infected... seems in my personal experience its getting transferred at work places when the people get comfortable and stop masking and then spread it at home. Covid fatigue is a real thing and I think tis definitely showing!

Back
Top Bottom