Europa League 2012/13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the more poetic amoungst us surely we want Benfica in the semi's (if we both get that far :avbpray: ) and then we beat them with 3 offside goals.
50 year karma and all that. :parker:

_66402925_66402923.jpg

Strange scene considering the performance and outcome!
Oh well, the whole thing is wearing off now, and we were not full strength, and played an unfamiliar system. Feeling more excited about the draw as the morning wears on.
At least we have come through our worst performance of the competition (and season) with a "win", unlike Fulham who saved it for the final the other year.

I dunno about Basel, they've played well against a lot of very good sides the last few years in Europe. Beat United last season at home. Might've seemed that they got through on luck vs Zenit but they outplayed them in the harsh conditions in Russia, not a team to be fucked with.

There are no easy ties left in this thing. Newcastle would probably be the easiest but they know us very well. Will not be easy getting through to the semis.
Fair comments, but AFAIK Basel will be the best tie for us, by quite a distance to mix my geographical metaphors. I don't want our English 'brothers' in the QFs but Basel seems a nice trip and a very winnable tie.

For the more poetic amoungst us surely we want Benfica in the semi's (if we both get that far :avbpray: ) and then we beat them with 3 offside goals.
50 year karma and all that. :parker:
Exactly, see my post on this already. Benfica broke this child's heart, I want vengeance dontcha know. Vengeance I say, 'Cry God for Harry' and with offside goals preferably as you correctly put it sir :thumbup:

Fill up the Lane with Portugese tears, oh yes, I want this one badly :)

Would like the Turks Ferenbache
Slip their guys some of this stuff and we will not have to worry about away legs
th

I soooooooo don't want the Turks, the last thing we need is more 'controversy' aroud the game. I'm afraid, going to Turkey could be little dodgy to say the least.

Re 'easy ties' we certaily haven't been blessed with them so far. We had a really tough group, Lazio are the only unbeaten team left in the competition, though competent officials would have changed that with us beating them. Olympiakos was always going to be difficult over there. Then Lyon rated in the top 20 of European and probably world football,and then one of the giants of world football Inter. To have got this far is as AV would say 'immense'. All the time keeping up a punishing Prem schedule.

IF we win the tournament, we'd have had a far far harder road than clubs like Villa and Forest did in winning the European Cup, looking at issues booth quantity and quality.

I soooooooo don't want the Turks, the last thing we need is more 'controversy' aroud the game. I'm afraid, going to Turkey could be little dodgy to say the least.

Re 'easy ties' we certainly haven't been blessed with them so far. We had a really tough group, Lazio are the only unbeaten team left in the competition, though competent officials would have changed that with us beating them. Olympiakos was always going to be difficult over there. Then Lyon rated in the top 20 of European and probably world football,and then one of the giants of world football Inter. To have got this far is as AV would say 'immense'. All the time keeping up a punishing Prem schedule.

IF we win the tournament, we'd have had a far harder road than clubs like Villa and Forest did in winning the European Cup, looking at issues of both quantity and quality.

_66402925_66402923.jpg

Strange scene considering the performance and outcome!
Oh well, the whole thing is wearing off now, and we were not full strength, and played an unfamiliar system. Feeling more excited about the draw as the morning wears on.
At least we have come through our worst performance of the competition (and season) with a "win", unlike Fulham who saved it for the final the other year.

th

It works!!

Not a bad draw, Could have been worse

Chelsea v Rubin Kazan
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v FC Basel
Fenerbache v Lazio
Benfica v Newcastle

So I'd hazard a guess at these teams to go through:

Cunts
Spurs
Fenerbache
Benfica

I think Fenerbache could pip Lazio. They have the advantage of playing their home game in front of their crazy supporters and Lazio will have their 2nd leg tie behind closed doors. Lazio are still unbeaten, though, so it will be a good tie.

Absolutely fantastic draw, just the one I wanted. It's probably the first bit of luck we've had oppo-wise in the whole tournament. Having had one of the toughest groups then the toughest 32 and 16 draw, we get a bit of a lucky break. I fancy us for our first european semi-final for nearly 30 years now. It's been too long, much too long.

It's great Chelsea have to go to Rubin Kazan before playing us, though I guess that will be postponed if they beat Utd in the Cup.

I hope Hugo plays in the away leg at least, the high line with Brad is worse than the Maginot line for the French. The enemy just go round it. :)

Back
Top Bottom