Tottenham Hotspur v. Internazionale (Home), 7 Mar 2013 20:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a very good keeper, imv - top 10 material

I catch the odd Serie A game every weekend along with the round-up show and he's looked class pretty much every week - very agile

What I felt from fans after the game last night was that there was a feeling that this was job done, rather than a huge and famous victory. It felt like we won not because we were the underdogs who took the CL by storm a few years ago, but rather as the equals who showed they are now more than ready and capable of operating at the same level as some of the top teams in Europe, both at home and abroad.

I feel like this season we may have finally turned the corner. I hope Levy backs AVB witha few more key signings in the summer and we may finally be that CL regular that we need to make that final leap to becoming serious and regular title challengers.

In other news, if anyone fancies a laugh, the teeth grinding on arsenalmania was amusing last night...
http://Woolwich-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=191332&start=60

Basically, according to the scum fans, we won becuse Inter were shit.

Inter making Dembele and Parker look like world beaters, ridiculous performance. Bale out of the second leg so Inter just need a goal and they're right back in this thankfully.

Yet Spurs could have easily conceded 3 goals here, they really have Inter's poor finishing and Friedel's saves to thank.

I'm all for Spurs getting more games in Europa, I'll not deny it's still a semi-prestigious trophy - on a par with the FA Cup. But Top 4 and CL football is where it's at I'm afraid.
- You mean the top four where we will be this year and you may not be?

Dosent really feel like we beat Inter Milan tbh, but we did, and we spanked them. Gallas was great, Friedal saved us, AVB gets it right again.

What I felt from fans after the game last night was that there was a feeling that this was job done, rather than a huge and famous victory. It felt like we won not because we were the underdogs who took the CL by storm a few years ago, but rather as the equals who showed they are now more than ready and capable of operating at the same level as some of the top teams in Europe, both at home and abroad.

I feel like this season we may have finally turned the corner. I hope Levy backs AVB witha few more key signings in the summer and we may finally be that CL regular that we need to make that final leap to becoming serious and regular title challengers.

In other news, if anyone fancies a laugh, the teeth grinding on arsenalmania was amusing last night...

Basically, according to the scum fans, we won becuse Inter were shit.

- You mean the top four where we will be this year and you may not be?

Still can't read that fucked up site with their Avatars on the right. it's like they are shitting in the sink and washing their dishes in the loo.

That's been the easiest home European night since Shamrock Rovers.
To be fair at least they came here and scored - taking the lead. Inter were just awful.

I can't believe how easy that was last night. Growing up in the 90's it's crazy to see us playing the likes of Inter, heading to the San Siro for a third time when I used to wonder if we'd ever play at these sort of grounds.
Not only were little old Spurs playing one of the big names of European football but we were just taking the piss at times last night.

That's as good as we've played in a long time and probably up there with any performance I've seen live. I thought Parker was fantastic last night but it's hard to pinpoint a man of the match. Sigurdsson was excellent aswell and rightly for a great reception going off.

Everyone played for that win last night. Even when we made a mistake there was someone else there picking up the pieces. The effort and workrate was unbelievable and Inter couldn't play.
Don't get me wrong they were awful but they had no time to do anything. I can recall one instance at 3-0 where 3 men were on top of a player by the sideline hassling him.

Fantastic performance and the clean sheet is massive. I really can't see us failing to score in Milan which means Inter need 5 at the very least. I know there'll be talk of complacency but I just can't see complacency in this team. 3-0 up and we still fought for everything last night.
I left baffled yesterday as I didn't expect to be disappointed at winning only 3-0. Probably the only disappointment of the night. We should have properly killed them off.

Great atmosphere last night.
Wonderful night from start to finish. COYS!

Dosent really feel like we beat Inter Milan tbh, but we did

They were in the wrong kit perhaps?

I still don't get on what Colour code BLUE & BLACK have ever clashed with ALL WHITE!!!

Ridiculous decision to make them wear RED.... They looked like Southampton, totally ruined the evening!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were in the wrong kit perhaps?

I still don't get on what Colour code BLUE & BLACK have ever clashed with ALL WHITE!!!

Ridiculous decision to make them wear RED.... They looked like Southampton, totally ruined the evening!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid commercial cunts, Uefa, FIFA etc. need to sort the rules to ensure that the teams can only wear away kits when the home kits clash with the other teams. The refs should take a selection of kits to suit whatever the teams are wearing.

i loved Gallas running forward and showing some trickery only to not receive the ball and stumble back huffing and puffing , got me in stitches.

He played very well but does look like he is starting to feel the years wasted at the other London clubs

I suspect kit manufacturers demand certain number of games per season for each kit

Porbably part of the reason we wore that hideous black/grey vomit during the first NLD

Top performace. I was actually laughing at some of our football last night, was ridiculously good. Just a complete joy to watch.

Atmosphere was great, no thanks to the Inter fans though, who were fucking shit.

'What times your Easyjet' & 'Stick your pizza's up your arse' were 2 favourites.

Great night.

What impressed me about last nights match was the genuine sustained applause that Dembele, Sigurdsson and Lennon received when they were subbed: All were playing with different pressures but their performances were very polished and they were rightly recognised for it ! :D Great support

I suspect kit manufacturers demand certain number of games per season for each kit

Porbably part of the reason we wore that hideous black/grey vomit during the first NLD

Exactamundo Ritchie!

Corporate nonsense imho, they can't decide that BLACK/ROYAL BLUE clashes with WHITE, no amount of money can change the properties of COLOUR!

Oh, and BRING BACK OUR NAVY SHORTS FOR LEAGUE GAMES, last night should've been the exception - ALL-WHITE for Europe - rather than the rule!

Gawd sakes, don't get me started on kits again!!

Sigurdsson MOTM for me, thought he was absolutely superb. Had everything.
Blown away by some of the turns and feints Parker was pulling to get the ball forward, it was like he was possessed by Cruyff!
Dembele looked like he was getting back to his best form
Defoe was excellent bar some selfishness
Bale was excellent bar som selfishness
Its forgivable in forwards but can frustrate still
Lennon was brilliant, the work rate from him was unreal
Walkers best game in some time
Gallas did his job very well, some excellent use of the ball
Vertonghen is just class
Ekotto was class

I was impressed with Livermore as well, slotted in straight away and used the ball really well IMO.

Excellent all round, best performance this season by a mile. A 90 minute steamrollering, we broke their spirit and minds and they were whimpering like bitches by the end.

I hope this is a taste of what is to come and not the peak!

i actually like the black/grey kit ArcspacE ArcspacE 1882 1882 ... Got it from my friends last week and wore it twice now , 2 great wins. its a talismanic kit

Btw the Belgian commentator said something yesterday that made me a bit scared: The way Tottenham plays and works as a unit is a kind of football that only the truly great can achieve , they are fast becoming a force to be reckoned with again.

Back
Top Bottom