Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
How many PL clubs haven't broken their transfer record in the last few years?

Let's see how many you can name.

We surpassed our previous transfer record twice John. £41m on Lo Celso and £52m rising to £62m with Ndombele. I wonder how many of those teams surpassed spending £41m on 2 different players during the same time period?

By the look of it only Man City (Rodri & Cancelo), Man U (Maguire, Wan-Bissaka & Bruno Fernandes) & Woolwich (Pepe) surpassed the fees we spent on the Lo Celso signing alone, let alone the fee we forked out for Tanguy. All 3 teams have far more money available to them to spend, be it doped money or organically generated.

Last edited:
The men with the money always have the final say in any business though. Why is it only Levy that gets it in the neck?
Yes, exactly.
And I was answering Sammy's remark by pointing out that that it is, ultimately, Daniel Levy who decides who we sign and dont sign.

If Poch, or Jose, want a particular player that will improve our team, but Levy deems that player a financial risk or unlikely to offer the possibility of long term profit, we won't sign that player.

I think it's probably the reason why we never get over the line, and also the reason why we're floundering like we are today.

"To Dare Is To Do" has never been more inappropriate for the clubs motto

We surpassed our previous transfer record twice John. £41m on Lo Celso and £52m rising to £62m with Ndombele. I wonder how many of those teams surpassed spending £41m on 2 different players during the same time period?
How many of those teams are among the 10 richest clubs in the world?

At least lets compare apples with apples.
Are you saying that because our transfer record is higher than Bournmouth and Burnley we should all shut the fuck up and thank ENIC for our blessings?

Congratulations #72

ExcellentGrouchyBass-size_restricted.gif

How many of those teams are among the 10 richest clubs in the world?

At least lets compare apples with apples.
Are you saying that because our transfer record is higher than Bournmouth and Burnley we should all shut the fuck up and thank ENIC for our blessings?

How many of these teams need to leverage a £700m stadium debt to the banks over the next 25 years? We are apparently the 8th most valuable team, we soent the 5th most on transfers in across the last 2 windows. When you consider the stadium debt as well if anything the last 12 months we have spent more than we could have envisaged. Yet we didn't spend the summer before but 8th most valuable, 5th most spent plus a £25m-£30m loan to pay off this season alone.... it doesn't look too shoddy to me.

-181 Real Madrid

-169 Aston Villa

-166 FC Barcelona

-151 Manchester United

-141 Tottenham Hotspur

Add the €30m loan repayable to banks back for the stadium debt and our net spent is €171m, a number only surpassed by Real Madrid.

8th most valuable club, 2nd highest expenditure on things helping to grow our club.... not too stingy at all in my book pal.

Last edited:
But ignoring the fact that if his managers don’t want a striker or a DM then he won’t buy one.

So not on him, but on Jose and Poch for our patchwork squad
Jose said on multiple occassions he wanted a striker.

You said it would be an act of negligence if he didn't get one.

Question 1. Where's his fucking striker.

Question 2. Have you switched your vote to Levy out yet?

Jose said on multiple occassions he wanted a striker.

You said it would be an act of negligence if he didn't get one.

Question 1. Where's his fucking striker.

Question 2. Have you switched your vote to Levy out yet?
Not buying a striker was utterly inexcusable but as I said, if the manager doesn’t want one, it’s not Levys job to force a player into his squad.
Jose wanted a striker.
But he didn’t want Piatek unless it was a loan, and he didn’t want short term fixes like Giroud and Willian Jose.

“We don’t want a striker to just help us now. We want a striker to be good for our future, possibly to play with Harry Kane together in the future. And with the difficulties of the market, it was very, very difficult to find [one].”
Jose

My view is that is an unacceptable view because short term is EXACTLY what we needed.

Not buying a striker was utterly inexcusable but as I said, if the manager doesn’t want one, it’s not Levys job to force a player into his squad.
Jose wanted a striker.
But he didn’t want Piatek unless it was a loan, and he didn’t want short term fixes like Giroud and Willian Jose.

“We don’t want a striker to just help us now. We want a striker to be good for our future, possibly to play with Harry Kane together in the future. And with the difficulties of the market, it was very, very difficult to find [one].”
Jose

My view is that is an unacceptable view because short term is EXACTLY what we needed.

I can't argue with this post at all. Pretty much the long and short of it.

Jose said on numerous occassions he did want one.

He said on numerous occassions we needed one.

He's bemoaned the fact he didn't get one ever since the window closed.

Surely this is incontaversable evidence that what I and others have been saying for years is actually correct.
Levy does not back his managers.

You say yourself its inexcusable.

Why are you still trying to excuse the inexcusable?

Surely this is incontaversable evidence that what I and others have been saying for years is actually correct.

You sau yourself its inexcusable.

And Jose also said:
“We don’t want a striker to just help us now.”

So when Jose told Danny boy not to sign Piatek, what should Levy have done?

I haven’t tried to excuse anything. The fault is Jose Mourinho for not thinking we needed a quick fix and worrying too much about long term and partnering Kane.
Kane shouldn’t even come into this equation, why talk about him?

You sau yourself its inexcusable.

Jose also said, regarding not getting a striker.

"No one is to blame"

Or are you just picking and choosing the things he said that backs up your point of view and ignoring the things that don't?

You say yourself its inexcusable.

Pretty much mentions how dissatisfied he is with the team he has after each game lately

He was clearly fine going with Son and it backfired.
Had Son been out in January we’d have signed Piatek, simple as that

The club probably told him that whatever was spent on a striker I January would reduce what he could spent in the summer. If you're given a £75m + any money made on outgoings to spend in the summer do you really want to get a striker in Piatek, someone Mourinho clearly wasn't too sure about in for 1/3rd of what the boss man is giving you for your pick and mix? There's always a scenario behind closed doors that plays a part in it all collectively.

The club probably told him that whatever was spent on a striker I January would reduce what he could spent in the summer. If you're given a £75m + any money made on outgoings to spend in the summer do you really want to get a striker in Piatek, someone Mourinho clearly wasn't too sure about in for 1/3rd of what the boss man is giving you for your pick and mix? There's always a scenario behind closed doors that plays a part in it all collectively.
True but it’s down to the manager to ensure the club has at least one striker.
Not throwing Parrot in is also pissing me off to be honest

Back
Top Bottom