Yid no more

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

knew this shit debate would get brought up again. If you don't like it don't sing it simple as that, I'll still sing it as will the majority of Spurs fans. It will never change.

Really no need for so much chit chat on this topic.

And sure, it might not even be about the yid thing. It could so easily be an afterthought, with the thugs just wanting to do some damage to the 'English scum'.

80's classic on The Shelf

I'm only a poor little Yiddo,
I stand at the back of the Shelf
I go to the bar to buy a lager
and only buy one for myself

You're just a Scottish Jew.
Archibald Archibald

What's the official club cd got to do with this?

Wasn't that version of the Archibald song more from WHU/Arse/C18 wankers, while we sang the lyrics from the commercial – "we'll take more care of you"?

Agreed on the "poor llittle yiddo" song though, and that's as old as the hills.

Really no need for so much chit chat on this topic.

And sure, it might not even be about the yid thing. It could so easily be an afterthought, with the thugs just wanting to do some damage to the 'English scum'.
exactly, any time it kicks off abroad now people will twist it so that it's an anti-semetic attack. They won't think it could just be 1 lot of foreign fans trying to get at us because of our/the English reputation.

That's not the worst of it:

images

...are you telling me there's actually MORE THAN ONE MICHAEL DAWSON...?

BOLLOCKS!

I lied to Gomes. He's not the love of my life, and I'm not actually married.

If you think about it, if you actually DID know your history, it most probably wouldn't make your heart go 'whoa-oh-oh-oh'...
It's MUCH more likely you'd apply for a job in a museum, as some historical expert or something!!

We should probably stop singing "We Are Tottenham" on account of less than 10-15% of our fanbase not living in Tottenham, too.
Well, that is fair comment - obviously we identify in a tribal way with the club known as Tottenham. But in many ways it's sentimental nonsense, but hey that's a large part of football's appeal. :)

Gareth Bale, Gareth Bale!
He was born because his mummy and daddy loved each other and had a special cuddle,
He was born because his mummy and daddy loved each other and had a special cuddle!

80's classic on The Shelf

I'm only a poor little Yiddo,
I stand at the back of the Shelf
I go to the bar to buy a lager
and only buy one for myself

You're just a Scottish Jew.
Archibald Archibald

What's the official club cd got to do with this?
Plenty - because it represents the club's official 'canon' of Spurs songs

But I take your point, by the 80s the yiddo stuff was creeping in. I never sang any of it, and the vast majority of songs in the 100 years between 1882-1982 were non-Jewish related.

Oh Ledley, Ledley, he actually has TWO knees, it's just one of them isn't functioning properly,
and like it or not, but these days, he probably ISN'T better than John Terry... (too much?)

...and whilst we're on it, I imagine it would be physically impossible to stick Sol Campbell up ANYONE'S arse, let alone YOURS!

knew this shit debate would get brought up again. If you don't like it don't sing it simple as that, I'll still sing it as will the majority of Spurs fans. It will never change.
Agreed, I now won't sing any Yid stuff any more, but if others want to, fine, that's their right.

As I say I don't go to away games anymore, so the attacks won't directly affect me. If people want to identify a non-Jewish club as Jewish and attract the sort of flak and attacks that will bring, that's their right to do so.

Oh Ledley, Ledley, he actually has TWO knees, it's just one of them isn't functioning properly,
and like it or not, but these days, he probably ISN'T better than John Terry... (too much?)

...and whilst we're on it, I imagine it would be physically impossible to stick Sol Campbell up ANYONE'S arse, let alone YOURS!

Havent you seen Hancock ? It looked pretty easy to stick a bloke up anothers arse and movies are never wrong.

Back
Top Bottom