Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m just going to put out my ideal starting 11 for the new season based on the transfer rumours going around. I doubt i’ll get many likes for this:

——————Kane——————
Son————————-—Moura
——-Eriksen——-Lo Celso—-
—————Ndombele————
Rose—-Vert——Ald——Aurier
—————-Lloris——————-

Tbh, I can’t think of too many central defenders or attacking midfielders better, or readily available, than Alderweireld or Eriksen. Personally, I would like to see them sign new contracts. We need Aurier to have a more consistent season. Think he has the qualities of a good right back just need the inconsistencies and brain farts to be tempered. Also need the likes of Lloris, and Eriksen if he stays, to not suffer from complacency and give a more concerted effort.

We need to get Sessegnon. I think between him, Davidson, Foyth and KWP we have a solid defence for the 2020 season provided they all get some game time. I also think between Sissoko, Winks and Delli we have enough midfielders to come off the bench or swap out to change the dynamic of the game. I think Lamela, Davies, Wanyama and Dier are solid squad players but three of them could do with a swift return to form and a less injury prone season.

That leaves 3 slots in the squad. I think we should sell NGD, CCV and Onomah (i think they’ve been at Spurs long enough) and get a backup striker and a wide player with perhaps another wide player or defender although we have a few multi-position defenders. Could bring someone up from the academy for one of those three positions. Thoughts?

It closes at 5pm on Thursday. It's 16:20 on Tuesday. When exactly should people start panicking? At 16:55 this Thursday or maybe once the window has finally SLAMMED SHUT?!

If this carries on nobody will be surprised if Poch walks and nobody could blame him.

Panic whenever the fuck you want, I'll just be here laughing at you for it.

If we get to 5pm on Thursday without a signing, I'll be just as disappointed as you, but until then I'll hope for something to happen rather than be at full panic stations.

It closes at 5pm on Thursday. It's 16:20 on Tuesday. When exactly should people start panicking? At 16:55 this Thursday or maybe once the window has finally SLAMMED SHUT?!

If this carries on nobody will be surprised if Poch walks and nobody could blame him.
If Poch truly wanted more signings and we don't end up making anymore, because Levy and Joe don't want to come off of an extra 7-10m, I wouldn't be the least bit mad at him if he leaves after this year.

I’m just going to put out my ideal starting 11 for the new season based on the transfer rumours going around. I doubt i’ll get many likes for this:

——————Kane——————
Son————————-—Moura
——-Eriksen——-Lo Celso—-
—————Ndombele————
Rose—-Vert——Ald——Aurier
—————-Lloris——————-

Tbh, I can’t think of too many central defenders or attacking midfielders better, or readily available, than Alderweireld or Eriksen. Personally, I would like to see them sign new contracts. We need Aurier to have a more consistent season. Think he has the qualities of a good right back just need the inconsistencies and brain farts to be tempered. Also need the likes of Lloris, and Eriksen if he stays, to not suffer from complacency and give a more concerted effort.

We need to get Sessegnon. I think between him, Davidson, Foyth and KWP we have a solid defence for the 2020 season provided they all get some game time. I also think between Sissoko, Winks and Delli we have enough midfielders to come off the bench or swap out to change the dynamic of the game. I think Lamela, Davies, Wanyama and Dier are solid squad players but three of them could do with a swift return to form and a less injury prone season.

That leaves 3 slots in the squad. I think we should sell NGD, CCV and Onomah (i think they’ve been at Spurs long enough) and get a backup striker and a wide player with perhaps another wide player or defender although we have a few multi-position defenders. Could bring someone up from the academy for one of those three positions. Thoughts?
If our backline next season is Sessegnon-Sanchez-Foyth-KWP I will blow my brains out

Panic whenever the fuck you want, I'll just be here laughing at you for it.

If we get to 5pm on Thursday without a signing, I'll be just as disappointed as you, but until then I'll hope for something to happen rather than be at full panic stations.
We're not at full meltdown as you're suggesting though. But this window has not been a success thus far and it's not 'melting' to suggest so, as you know.

——————Kane——————
Son————————-—Moura
——-Eriksen——-Lo Celso—-
—————Ndombele————
Rose—-Vert——Ald——Aurier
—————-Lloris——————-

Ndombele isn't a holding mid

I'd focus on signing a proper right back instead of getting Sessegnon tbh. That's our weakest position right now.
Let's see, on the right we have Foyth/Aurier/KWP, none of which are going anywhere soon and two of which are starters in their national teams. On the left we have Rose/Davies, one of which will be out either by January, or next summer, or even this summer. So our priority is a right back? Riiight...

A month ago we signed ndombele and the question was when lo celso and sessegnon were going to join and give us a team that could challenge liverpool for 2nd.

Now we might sell both our right backs and eriksen to united so we can turn a profit.

We're not at full meltdown as you're suggesting though. But this window has not been a success thus far and it's not 'melting' to suggest so, as you know.

You haven't been reading the last few weeks of this forum if you don't think there are posters at full meltdown.

As for success 'so far', I'm glad we got Ndombele and we'll see what happens with the rest.

It's all a bit like Cricket. Sometimes, it's hard to tell who's really in control until the game's over.

Back
Top Bottom