Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The best way I can describe how I see it is that it's like Poch being asked every season to cook a beautiful dinner for the fans. He tries his best with what's available but Levy keeps coming back with only a few of the ingredients on his shopping list and also tries to save money sometimes by buying mutton instead of steak.

Whilst I understand what you're saying, and couldn't agree more that the current squad are on another level completely, please spare us the sanctimonious "I've been around through the baron years, so I'm a better fan than you" bullshit.

We're ALL yids, we ALL support the team and want to see us do well - some of us can't help it if we weren't alive to watch Spurs struggle in the 90's or, as was in my case, simply couldn't have given two shits about football until one day at the Lane completely changed my life.

As it stands, this squad and manager are tangibly close to doing something very special (I would argue they already have, but some silverware to show for it would obviously be the icing on the cake) - for some on here, rightly or wrongly, I suspect it's that frustration of "so close, yet so far" that pushes them over the edge.

Just put him on ignore if he pisses you off that much - it's the transfer forum; he's voicing his incredibly naive and simple-minded opinion about our transfer policy, which we're all entitled to do (over and over, and over again).

Everyone knows he's a stuck record, so why not just skip the track and get on with your day.

Very well put ... I was trying to avoid being the sanctimonious git clearly failed, sorry ... honestly I envy the fans just starting out on their Spurs journey, just hope they have as much joy from the highs and lows that we've had the pleasure of watching .... without the bad times you can't truly appreciate the good times .... now is out time let's hope the next 48 hours don't let us down.

To be fair, a bad season can age you out of being a teenager.
:ap:

minala.jpg

He's 17 in both of those pictures

Great comeback.

And you're wrong, in Her Majesty's British English it's "sceptical"

Sceptical definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary

Don't ever pull me up on language matters again
Spelling it sceptical would make the pronunciation similar to sceptre. Since skeptical comes from the Greek word "skepsi" the correct spelling for it to be pronounced correctly is skeptical.

I'm a native Greek speaker. Don't ever pull me up on words with a Greek origin.

The best way I can describe how I see it is that it's like Poch being asked every season to cook a beautiful dinner for the fans. He tries his best with what's available but Levy keeps coming back with only a few of the ingredients on his shopping list and also tries to save money sometimes by buying mutton instead of steak.

But if you treat mutton with plenty of TLC and time then you eventually get a meal that tastes better than any steak 🥩

👨‍🍳

It's just mental we find ourselves in this situation for the third season in a row. There comes a point where questions really do need to be asked, I mean there's only so many times the club can blame "things not falling our way."

Back
Top Bottom