Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a poor mans Bayern these days.... Sweep up best of the oppos players, weaken them, maintain domestic superiority....

Seems alot easier to do in Germany at reasonable prices.

I wish we'd raid Wolves, Leicester and others for their top talent but we are simply priced out.

Getting rid of a bench warmer and getting 2 star players (in their own respective teams they were) + having money left to buy a defender, wow

They definitely are the early winners of the transfer window

Brandt and Hazard in for less than £50,000,000 is top business.

I wish we'd raid Wolves, Leicester and others for their top talent but we are simply priced out.
Buy out clauses are standard in Germany are they not? And it doesn't seem like thay have reached the ludicrous figures of the Spanish ones.

Pay the buy out clause, skip negotiating with the club and go straight at the player.

If we are wanting anyone from Madrid if Eriksen goes there, it's Odegaard and not shit like Ceballos or Vasquez.

Eriksen ain't going to Madrid if they sign Pogba and Hazard. Both will cost 200 million plus and no way a club will pay 100 million plus wages for Bale.

Madrid still need defenders, arguably a goalkeeper and a bit more.

If Eriksen wants to leave though, then lets not get into a hope and see scenario.

Eriksen ain't going to Madrid if they sign Pogba and Hazard. Both will cost 200 million plus and no way a club will pay 100 million plus wages for Bale.

Madrid still need defenders, arguably a goalkeeper and a bit more.

If Eriksen wants to leave though, then lets not get into a hope and see scenario.

Hazard has one year left on his deal. They'll get him at a cut price.

As I'm sure you're aware it's made all the more difficult by there being 4 (arguably 5) teams with more spending power than us in our league. Also doesn't help that the whole EPL-proven thing means you're a credible target for any team that takes a shine to you, regardless of what league they're based in..... Bit like what Sinatra says... "If I can make it there I can make it anywhere".

Whereas it seems we can only really 'rely' on EPL or CL proven....

I also get the impression there's a reluctance from anything but established top players to leave the BL.

My big frustration is that we were often offered the players first, and then stupidly passed on them. Pochettino needs to be taken to task over that, I feel.

Buy out clauses are standard in Germany are they not? And it doesn't seem like thay have reached the ludicrous figures of the Spanish ones.

Pay the buy out clause, skip negotiating with the club and go straight at the player.
Not mandatory but a little more common, seems to be similar to Toby in they kick in during the last year or so of the contract

Back
Top Bottom