Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s funny people saying don’t sell to our rivals. How long have Man Utd been our rivals? Surely the fact that people can say that with a straight face indicates how successful we’ve been with our current policy? There’s really no need for all this negativity. Mild concern is understandable from some quarters I suppose.
Depends which way you look at it.
You could also say last season was the first season in 3 seasons United finished on top of us and was also the first season in a while we sold a key player to a direct rival.

Yep - that’s who Martial would be in competition with (and I prefer Son). Still, he’ll be away for however long and injuries etc.

I think the other thing with Martial is that he can also cover for Kane (again, like Son).

Looking forward to seeing Lucas. Hope he tears the league a new arsehole.

Depends which way you look at it.
You could also say last season was the first season in 3 seasons United finished on top of us and was also the first season in a while we sold a key player to a direct rival.

Yes you could, but my point was that we haven’t seriously been Utd’s rivals for years. I don’t think they’ll be a threat this season - they’re a mess.

It’s funny people saying don’t sell to our rivals. How long have Man Utd been our rivals? Surely the fact that people can say that with a straight face indicates how successful we’ve been with our current policy? There’s really no need for all this negativity. Mild concern is understandable from some quarters I suppose.
We were certainly competitive rivals in the 50s 60s 70s and 80s.
Fair enough, they pulled away and dominated pretty much everyone, like Liverpool before them, in the 90s and 00s. Although we contributed to their domination with the likes of Berba, Carrick and Sheringham of course.
The fact that we're now back where we we belong, but seemingly still prepared to continue with the selling club trend of the previous 2 decades is what some of us find alarming

We were certainly competitive rivals in the 50s 60s 70s and 80s.
Fair enough, they pulled away and dominated pretty much everyone, like Liverpool before them, in the 90s and 00s. Although we contributed to their domination with the likes of Berba, Carrick and Sheringham of course.
The fact that we're now back where we we belong, but seemingly still prepared to continue with the trend of the previous 2 decades is what some of us find alarming

I don’t mind the fact some people find it alarming - honestly I really don’t. But I don’t think we are continuing the trend of the last 20 years - all evidence would point to the contrary.

And yes I know we were competitive in the decades you mention. That’s why I said ‘for years’.

200w.gif

I don’t mind the fact some people find it alarming - honestly I really don’t. But I don’t think we are continuing the trend of the last 20 years - all evidence would point to the contrary.
And yes I know we were competitive in the decades you mention. That’s why I said ‘for years’.
Yes. You make a fair point. I'll concede that.
Although you also stated in a previous post that Utd are in a mess.

Surely, if we let them buy Toby, we're helping them sort out their mess. As a rival, and a big club, surely we shouldn't be prepared to do that.

Back
Top Bottom