Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always wondered about the cunts who write stuff like this......if we signed Martial, De Ligt and Kovacic, yet finished 5th, how do they reinvent their whole views?

Suddenly it wouldn’t be Levy’s fault would it?
Would it be Pochs fault? Probably not...

The players they clamoured for have to be absolved, because otherwise it would mean they were wrong about signings equals success.

So then it goes back to blaming the rest of the existing players.....which equates to “we needed more signings”

What a cunt of an existence

Christ you're boring.

When you get a bee in your bonnet you really DO get a bee in your bonnet.

You have made your point now kindly, please, shut the fuck up!

:)

What is he supposed to say?
I'm not blaming anyone, but to be the only club in the fuckin league not to sign a player is baaad. Really bad. You can spin it however you want. Maybe we get 1-2 players untile the end. For now, it's not looking good.

So you don’t believe what Poch says but you believe what you think he is thinking?

We finished 3rd.....I couldn’t give a fuck if West Ham and Southampton have bought players

I grasp the facts. The facts are what Poch says are the facts.

We are working on deals but it’s difficult
The club is calm
We might not sign anyone but are trying

Toby is a spurs player and Martial is a Utd player.
If Poch wants Martial, we will sign him, if he doesn’t we won’t. There is a chance Martial doesn’t want to play for Spurs though and we miss out even though we tried. That’s what I believe.

You believe that if we dont get Martial it’s because Levy has shafted the manager.
That’s all the rationale you have.

No you don’t know the facts - all you know is what public statements that have been made - which even Poch has said he doesn’t know what will transpire. You don’t know what deals we working or if there are any being done ( for all you know they could have collapsed). You have no clue as if it is calm behind the scenes or not because despite your best efforts to act as a club PR you are not involved on this inside.

What I know is that the club at present is having one of its poorer summers when compared to previous ones. That’s as it stands - it may change it may not but all we can do is comment as it is now. You do realise that providing critique doesn’t translate into wanting change right? That you can be critical of the boards conduct but still favour them overall?

This is about outcomes - it always should be. The measure should be what have we done to move the team forward and to address our weaknesses. So far we have done nothing and there is only days till the window closes. It’s only inveitable that there will be concerns amongst the supporter base - it’s very odd behaviour to act or expect otherwise. As for Martial I don’t particularly care either way all I care about is the squad being strengthened - that the team is stronger at the start of this season than the one that finished the last. That is whole point of the market.

No you don’t know the facts - all you know is what public statements that have been made - which even Poch has said he doesn’t know what will transpire. You don’t know what deals we working or if there are any being done ( for all you know they could have collapsed). You have no clue as if it is calm behind the scenes or not because despite your best efforts to act as a club PR you are not involved on this inside.

What I know is that the club at present is having one of its poorer summers when compared to previous ones. That’s as it stands - it may change it may not but all we can do is comment as it is now. You do realise that providing critique doesn’t translate into wanting change right? That you can be critical of the boards conduct but still favour them overall?

This is about outcomes - it always should be the measure should be what have we done to move the team forward and to address our weaknesses. So far we have done nothing and there is only days till the window closes. It’s only inveitable that there will concerns amongst the supporter base - it’s very odd behaviour to act or expect otherwise. As Martial I don’t particularly care either way all I care about is the squad being strengthened - that the team is stronger at the start of this season than the one that finished the last. That is whole point of the market.

So basically your facts are everything is shit because you want signings

Didn’t need 3000 words to say that

So you don’t believe what Poch says but you believe what you think he is thinking?

We finished 3rd.....I couldn’t give a fuck if West Ham and Southampton have bought players

Like I said, you can spin it however you want.
Finishing 3rd is really good. Getting out in CL and FA Cup in way we did it, it's not so good. We need 1-2 players to achieve more. That's all we want here.

We are in CL 3rd year in a row. Great, I'm happy with the state of the club right now. But at some point, you have to think can we do more than that, can we get FA Cup, semi-final of CL or something.

Word for word what I said - well done
That’s the crux though.

You are jumping all over me for not knowing if it’s calm behind the scenes, while playing the “nobody knows” card.

Yet your stance is heavily weighted in favour of the view that Poch is being shafted, the window is shit and the season is in massive jeopardy.

That’s why you are not jumping in on anyone who says Levy is letting Poch down and saying to them “How do you know that....”

You’re trying to dismiss actual quotes as meaningless public statements.....then banging on about how I don’t know what’s going on. Yet you seem to know what Poch means or not.

It always the same with people like you.

You’ve nailed your colours to the mast, stop pretending to be neutral and open.

Like I said, you can spin it however you want.
Finishing 3rd is really good. Getting out in CL and FA Cup in way we did it, it's not so good. We need 1-2 players to achieve more. That's all we want here.

We are in CL 3rd year in a row. Great, I'm happy with the state of the club right now. But at some point, you have to think can we do more than that, can we get FA Cup, semi-final of CL or something.

We’ve got Moura. You said 1-2
Why don’t you think Moura could be the key?

Not too bothered about signings, but I’m really excited to see how Lucas goes this season. I think he’s going to be immense. Getting Martial would hinder that, so I’m against signing him. Lucas will prove to be the far superior player imo.

Not too bothered about signings, but I’m really excited to see how Lucas goes this season. I think he’s going to be immense. Getting Martial would hinder that, so I’m against signing him. Lucas will prove to be the far superior player imo.

Not that I'm that fussed, but why not both? Lucas predominantly on the right, Martial on the left (with the option to play through the middle).

I don't think one necessarily hinders the other.

It’s funny people saying don’t sell to our rivals. How long have Man Utd been our rivals? Surely the fact that people can say that with a straight face indicates how successful we’ve been with our current policy? There’s really no need for all this negativity. Mild concern is understandable from some quarters I suppose.

That’s the crux though.

You are jumping all over me for not knowing if it’s calm behind the scenes, while playing the “nobody knows” card.

Yet your stance is heavily weighted in favour of the view that Poch is being shafted, the window is shit and the season is in massive jeopardy.

That’s why you are not jumping in on anyone who says Levy is letting Poch down and saying to them “How do you know that....”

You’re trying to dismiss actual quotes as meaningless public statements.....then banging on about how I don’t know what’s going on. Yet you seem to know what Poch means or not.

It always the same with people like you.

You’ve nailed your colours to the mast, stop pretending to be neutral and open.

Seriously just how paranoid are you? Care to point where I have said that Poch has been shafted? Or that the season is in jeopardy? Why do you lurch to the extreme at every opportunity? It’s a very weird tact to take.

As I said before my position is based on outcomes not rhetoric - because without knowing the facts behind the scenes we do not know what is and what isn’t true. Statements are meaningless it’s the results that matter. And again we haven’t made any singings - I don’t particularly care who is or who is not to blame just that we haven’t so far utilised the opportunity available to us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom