Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine if every player who had a few poor games was just picked anyway to “get them through it”...we’d finish 12th

Not so sure about that, it's whatPoch does a lot. Kane, Dele, Dier, Eriksen, Lloris, they've all had bad spells this season, where most managers would drop them but he keeps selecting them. To be fair I think he knows what it's like being a footballer and how confidence works. He knows they have the ability and attitude just bad form. If a young player is dropped despite trying their best they may start to believe they are not good enough.

Not so sure about that, it's whatPoch does a lot. Kane, Dele, Dier, Eriksen, Lloris, they've all had bad spells this season, where most managers would drop them but he keeps selecting them. To be fair I think he knows what it's like being a footballer and how confidence works. He knows they have the ability and attitude just bad form. If a young player is dropped despite trying their best they may start to believe they are not good enough.
That answer wasn't black and white enough.
Taking sensible one step responses to a problem solved nothing, go nuclear every time.
Bloody clear thinking intellectuals, you think you have all the answers. Hang him, string the bastard up.
Who are we talking about? It's not Gazzaniga, is it?

I don't think Kane is just having a bad spell. When returning from previous injuries or having quiet goal spells he normally runs about the pitch causing problems one way or another.

He can't run though!
He looked exhausted after only 30 mins against Citeh, and was the same at Stoke.
He looked better to me for those 20 against chavs than the following 2 games combined.

I am guessing his ankle still isn't right, he has not been training fully and this is why he does not at all look like he is just rusty, he isn't anywhere near a reasonable fitness level.

Just for clarity, in case people are having the wrong idea.... if Kane is able to run and sprint pretty much like normal, but is just a tad rusty (control, passing etc) due to no matches, then great... Play him. Obviously!

I'm both concerned for his health, and also believe a fully fit Sonny is a much better option for our team than the Kane we have seen in the last 2 games.

This game would be an opportunity to claw back a bit of goal difference from the scousers. In fact our last remaining games should give us that opportunity .

Even though we lost to city, they have to go to Chelsea, so if we beat Brighton we surely have to be in pole position for at least 3rd.

I'd like to see a lot of rotation today. Kane on the bench (not fully fit), plus starts for Son, Moura, Wanyama and Aurier. Fans also want to see Toby get a few mins but there's more chance of an eagle dropping a tortoise on my head.

You have to take advantage of Liverpool's Champions League games to earn points and take third place (and maybe the second). Even Manchester United can be demoralized by the defeat that brought M City to victory. These last days have great emotional / psychological impact

Lloris
Trippier Toby Vert Davies
Eriksen Wanyama Dele
Moura Kane Son

For me i will start like this. Brighton have nothing to play for. We are looking wary and worry after the performance last saturday.
Kane clearly have a lot in his mind. With the top goalscorer and the fire thats been burning him all week.
Its probably why he is not performing on Saturday.

But i give him another chance and hope Poch tells him that team comes first.
If he still cant shake things off. Subs him off and bench him in Semi.

I said before the stoke game if Kane should just walk back into the starting eleven. He played shite against City but would start him for tgis one...

----------------------------Lloris-----------------------
Aurier---------Toby-------Vertonghen---Davies
-----------------Wanyama---Dembele------------
-------Eriksen------------Alli----------------Lucas-
-------------------------------Kane----------------------

The reason to make changes re this game is not just to rest players but to inject some fresh legs into the team and start better than we have the last few matches. I disagree Brighton have nothing to play for as they are not safe yet especially with their remaining fixtures against the top teams. In the past there have been too many times when we seem to just pass the ball around against these type of teams without penetration and then find ourselves struggling to break them down. We need to score early and then go on and make it safe. A draw would not be a good result.

I worry that we're going to have one eye (perhaps both eyes) on the semi-final and we'll be poor in this game. The result might depend on how good Brighton are. I hope we come through it with the three points, don't care how.

K my tonsils are swollen and white to the point they look like Brady’s tits. I want 3 points to make me feel better

Hugo
Aurier Davinson Jan Rose
Vik Dier
Moura Dele Eriksen
Kane

Big Vik to hammer into Groß

Back
Top Bottom