New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reckon they've sold as many as they expect to so far.

It's better for the club if they remain unsold as they will get more on a match by match basis - particularly for CAT A games.
The thing is that they work out at close to £100 for Cat B and C games. Who's going to spend £100 for Tottenham vs Cardiff or Newcastle next season?

Nice one...Funky, Funky, give us a song.....

Thanks! But I am never giving anyone a song ever again after an incident in 2009 when I was utterly gobless in the Bricklayers and asked to give one. I chose to do a song that I had made up (and even worse, thought was BRILLIANT) about Giovanti Dos Santos to the tune of "Rio" by Duran Duran. No soul had heard it previously nor would they again.

It received poor reviews.

Gone for North stand block 514. £875. Went for cheapest seats, near the away fans though.
;)

Splitter!

bb3_tU.gif

I think we are set up to do light shows. The new lighting partner said it would 'enhance the experience of events'. Whether it will be for concerts or for the footy as well not sure. The one in Perth give a good idea. Again from about a minute in - complete with Aussie bloke commentary!

so when there's a real fire and people get hot they are going to think it's an amazing show... then they will melt...

The thing is that they work out at close to £100 for Cat B and C games. Who's going to spend £100 for Tottenham vs Cardiff or Newcastle next season?
Honestly, there's people that will. Think about the overseas fans who might come over for 1 or 2 matches a season. If they've got the choice between paying £100 on Stubhub etc for a regular seat in an average or less desirable part of the stadium, or paying £120 and getting a seat in the heart of the South stand hardcore - they'll choose the latter. Same might even apply with UK-based fans who live a long way from London. I hate the idea of these blocks - but I think they'll sell out for most matches.

That's the average price though........someone will spend £200+ for Woolwich, Man Utd, Liverpool, etc

If we value the domestic cup games at a total of £100, the average price for the 19 league matches is just over £110. Normally that means something like £85 for Cat C, £95 for Cat B, and £150 for Cat A. Maybe they can do it differently, try to get away with £200 for Cat A and then £60 for Cat C and £70 for Cat B, but then you've got the issue of those seats being roughly the same price as the ones around them for the C and B games but having a better view and perks.

Honestly, there's people that will. Think about the overseas fans who might come over for 1 or 2 matches a season. If they've got the choice between paying £100 on Stubhub etc for a regular seat in an average or less desirable part of the stadium, or paying £120 and getting a seat in the heart of the South stand hardcore - they'll choose the latter. Same might even apply with UK-based fans who live a long way from London. I hate the idea of these blocks - but I think they'll sell out for most matches.
Hmm, if there's enough of them perhaps. That would truly suck though if members for instance couldn't get tickets anywhere else in the stadium after the first ~30 minutes of the sales period and are left with a choice between ponying up silly money or us filling the seat with a tourist instead.

Hmm, if there's enough of them perhaps. That would truly suck though if members for instance couldn't get tickets anywhere else in the stadium after the first ~30 minutes of the sales period and are left with a choice between ponying up silly money or us filling the seat with a tourist instead.

It may suck but you have to consider the fact that if they weren’t silly money then season ticket holders will have sat there.

So the chance to sit in the middle of the south stand comes at a premium price.

Let’s face it the whole idea of those seats is to generate cash rather than atmosphere.

27514660118_607a9a93dd_z.jpg

41385093351_a3f63c04c8_z.jpg

27514815738_b0fe1f9563.jpg

Saw this on SSC. Anyone know if it's even remotely accurate.
I'd hope it could be used as a reasonably close guide. 110m per season would set up our future.

I think we are set up to do light shows. The new lighting partner said it would 'enhance the experience of events'. Whether it will be for concerts or for the footy as well not sure. The one in Perth give a good idea. Again from about a minute in - complete with Aussie bloke commentary!

Was there last week. Truly brilliant stadium.

I'd hope it could be used as a reasonably close guide. 110m per season would set up our future.

It's certainly not a perfect analysis, but it's probably a sensible ballpark figure. The season ticket price breakdown is nowhere near correct, but it's an underestimate. And there are cup matches to factor in too.

I'd say not very accurate given the complete absence of any £1,200 and £1,325 season tickets... :pochfacepalm:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom