Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, I can really see that comparison between Lamela and Dele. One has scored 30 league goals in two and a bit seasons and the other has yet to hit double figures and is in his fifth season. I imagine his assist per minutes played is greater too. No comparison at all. Dele has been a difference maker since he first wore a Spurs shirt. The criticisms you can level at him are that he can over complicate things at times and his shooting isn't always as good as it could be, plus he needs to work on his left foot finishing more. But the overall package makes him a top draw player and he'd get in every team in the PL. I think Pep, Mourinho and Conte would find a way to get in their team if they had him. I think Pep would probably oust Augeuro to make room for him and pair him with Jesus like we play him with Kane.

Dele is effectively a second striker, Lamela is more a creative number 10 like Eriksen, one is there to score goals, the other for creativity and team shape. Lamela struggled in his first season but always pressed from the front effectively, more recently up to his injury he was fantastic for us particularly in big games.

Dele offers goals but recently the rest of his play has been very poor but I believe he will learn from it. Eriksen and Lamela (prior to his injury) have become all round players and that is the journey Dele will have to make. Dele will always be a high goal scorer but how he operates otherwise will have to improve and I believe will improve.

So my mum finally lost her battle with Cancer two weeks ago and I am flying back today for mondays funeral had to leave my house at 12.30 English time and drive to Madrid airport, there are no radio for English football so I resolved not to check the score until 14.30 when the game had definitely finished , I have grieved for my old mum but living in Spain I've felt a bit out the loop I got to thinking in the car and mixed with the excitement of going home it dawned on me that my mum wouldn't be there and nothing would be the same again this cut me up as you can appreciate it would , anyway I arrive at the airport at the airport at 1400 English time 3 hours before the flight being the old woman that I am I've allowed myself plenty of time for traffic and finding the car park and my transfer there is no traffic the transfer is instant and I'm at the airport thinking what the hell am i going to do for 3 hours ?

I get through all my gates by 1405 and look at the screen new time 00.00(spanish time) please consult Ryanair boom 6 hour delay FUCK, so I'm sitting there on my own I miss my missus I miss my 3 month old twins we decided they were too young to travel and my missus would stay home with them but most of all I really really miss my mum , I stay true to the agreement I made myself and resolve to wait for 1430 until it's definitely finished 10 minutes of compulsively checking the score does no good for anybody , my thoughts are negative the way today's going they've bound to have beaten us its the straw that breaks the camels back the insult to injury the story of my fucking life 9 hours in this shitty airport broken and beaten ..... i literally watch the airport clock tick until exactly 30 minutes past the hour , i google tottenham and hit search West Ham 2 ARGHHHHHHHH FUCK Tottenham 3 , Tottenham 3 , yes , YESSSSSSS GET THE FUCK IN GET THE FUCKIN FUCK IN FUCK YOU FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOU SOME MORE YOU DIRTY PIKEY CUNTS , COYS .

Now this changes nothing about my situation I currently have another 7 hours at the airport and my mum will never be replaced but somehow it's changed everything it's that little ray of sunshine that's given me back the hope that things will be ok, sometimes I wonder why I go so crazy for football but it's moments like this it's more than sport it's hope and glory and brotherhood and a beautiful distraction from life's hard times.

COYS
Ánimo mate, see you on the 17th for happier times

I thought Sissoko had a really good game today. Did the simple things well, and drove us forward. More of that and we can afford to roatate him with Dembele.

Aurier has shown his erratic side, needs to cut that out. Thought Dele, Kane and Eriksen were brilliant, but Jan was top draw.

Huddersfield away next, we're gonna be their first real Premier League test, plus we're away!

So my mum finally lost her battle with Cancer two weeks ago and I am flying back today for mondays funeral had to leave my house at 12.30 English time and drive to Madrid airport, there are no radio for English football so I resolved not to check the score until 14.30 when the game had definitely finished , I have grieved for my old mum but living in Spain I've felt a bit out the loop I got to thinking in the car and mixed with the excitement of going home it dawned on me that my mum wouldn't be there and nothing would be the same again this cut me up as you can appreciate it would , anyway I arrive at the airport at the airport at 1400 English time 3 hours before the flight being the old woman that I am I've allowed myself plenty of time for traffic and finding the car park and my transfer there is no traffic the transfer is instant and I'm at the airport thinking what the hell am i going to do for 3 hours ?

I get through all my gates by 1405 and look at the screen new time 00.00(spanish time) please consult Ryanair boom 6 hour delay FUCK, so I'm sitting there on my own I miss my missus I miss my 3 month old twins we decided they were too young to travel and my missus would stay home with them but most of all I really really miss my mum , I stay true to the agreement I made myself and resolve to wait for 1430 until it's definitely finished 10 minutes of compulsively checking the score does no good for anybody , my thoughts are negative the way today's going they've bound to have beaten us its the straw that breaks the camels back the insult to injury the story of my fucking life 9 hours in this shitty airport broken and beaten ..... i literally watch the airport clock tick until exactly 30 minutes past the hour , i google tottenham and hit search West Ham 2 ARGHHHHHHHH FUCK Tottenham 3 , Tottenham 3 , yes , YESSSSSSS GET THE FUCK IN GET THE FUCKIN FUCK IN FUCK YOU FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOU SOME MORE YOU DIRTY PIKEY CUNTS , COYS .

Now this changes nothing about my situation I currently have another 7 hours at the airport and my mum will never be replaced but somehow it's changed everything it's that little ray of sunshine that's given me back the hope that things will be ok, sometimes I wonder why I go so crazy for football but it's moments like this it's more than sport it's hope and glory and brotherhood and a beautiful distraction from life's hard times.

COYS
Sorry to hear about your Mum, hope the funeral goes alright. Horrible being away from the family at times like that but at least Spurs can put a smile on your face still! :coys:

Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon how about putting forward a counter instead of disagreeing with everything.

He lost the ball over and over again today. And wasted some if our best attacking positions. He had a stinker. It's ok to say that. He's not infallible.

Not his best game for us but was instrumental in setting up our first goal with a pinpoint cross that few players are capable of or have you forgotten that?
He can do better but still had a fair game and always drew their defence, often two or three, into marking him

Sal probably not putting forward a counter as you seem not to understand the game and resort to childish abuse when you lose the debate

Sissoko played well and, although by no means the finished article, will improve

Now stop fucking bitching and melting and just enjoy us putting one over those Pikey Cunts with their hoof ball crap

Someone post that beautiful Sissoko/Noble picture

index.php

Not his best game for us but was instrumental in setting up our first goal with a pinpoint cross that few players are capable of or have you forgotten that?
He can do better but still had a fair game and always drew their defence, often two or three, into marking him

Sal probably not putting forward a counter as you seem not to understand the game and resort to childish abuse when you lose the debate

Sissoko played well and, although by no means the finished article, will improve

Now stop fucking bitching and melting and just enjoy us putting one over those Pikey Cunts with their hoof ball crap
I'd have left this post if u didn't keep calling me a fucking melt. Everyone that disagrees with your opinion or criticises a players petgormance isn't a melt.

Aside from that you're welcome to your opinion. Only one being childish is you trawling through the match thread 2 hours after the games finished to click disagree on my comments and call me a melt.

Now how about YOU move on and stop bitching like a melt hey.

I thought Sissoko had a really good game today. Did the simple things well, and drove us forward. More of that and we can afford to roatate him with Dembele.
If Sissoko could figure out how to control his heavy touch he'd be great, but I think he is what he is at 28.

But yes, he was fine and he's quite capable in CM. Wasted anywhere else, honestly.

I think if Son is on for Dele we get a 4th and maybe a cheeky 5th. Son would've really destroyed them on the counter at the end, but also I think leaving Dele on was more for defensive purposes as well. Hard to risk it, especially when they got the 2nd.

He did have a poor game in terms of touches and control, hard to deny. It's incredible how the forum has turned on Dele considering how good he's been in the past two seasons. Really shambolic from our fans

Not the whole forum

Just the Melts who get upset when you call them out on it

I think if Son is on for Dele we get a 4th and maybe a cheeky 5th. Son would've really destroyed them on the counter at the end, but also I think leaving Dele on was more for defensive purposes as well. Hard to risk it, especially when they got the 2nd.

There's also the fact that he's not playing on Tuesday, so might as well play him for the whole match.

COYS

RIP your Mum

You only get one and was gutted when I lost mine

Puts everything into perspective

:sonhmm:

Back
Top Bottom