Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Talk about a negative spin. The presenter guy said we had the fifth worst away record last season.

No you dick, we had the fifth BEST away record. Ffs.

Then, again, Harry scores and it's all about him leaving at some point.

Twats.

Still, on the bright side we did win. :)

Got the 3 points happy days but bloody nervous finish,

Aurier is a great player but needs to calm down.

I think Dele is in the Eriksen/Lamela phase when they first joined us, capable of turning a game but mostly making poor decisions. He is 21 and it is to be expected of younger players that consistency will fluctuate. It's more our lack of depth in the AM role that worries me.

We are so lucky to have Kane, truly a world class player probably now about even Toby and Eriksen in terms of his game. Seems to improve year on year.

Winks and Llorente where good when they came on.

It doesn't matter if it hit his arm, it was unintentional.
I have heard that since the start of the season from pundits. Until today.
He couldn't do much about that.
Not intentional
Couldn't get out the way
Was trying to avoid the ball, pulled his arm away
Like the penalty shouts v Swansea for instance.

Aurier was never a penalty and they are desperate to even talk about it.
Sanchez, maybe.
But then Carrol over did it, again, with the swallow dive.

carrol was at it all game and got more than Dele.
The best thing about Carrol today was our first two goals were directly done to him, both times we turned over possession from him to score. Thanks horseman.

Seriously lads, was there any need to make the last bit of the game so dramatic - not good for my blood pressure. I was listening to the game whilst clearing out my bedroom and attic, as I couldn't just sit still. Knew we started singing the "you're s**t" song too early, turned the air blue when they got the second but thank goodness we held on. The commentators got on my nerves too, as the parting shot was we "won on the ground where we lost the league last year"!!!! Still important thing is we won and they lost. Happy days

In a nutshell we deserved the win and if taken our chances and for the woodwork, would have slaughtered them
They were at home and were buoyed by the sending off. The games is not over before it's over, but before the sending off I really wasn't concerned. I thought we'd get another or see the game out.
The last 20 was much harder than it should have been.
If they would have got a point it would have been a travesty.

I think if it would have been at Upton Park they may have got the draw. Yet the crowd and OS atmosphere didn't do much to drive them on.
The best thing about Carrol today was our first two goals were directly done to him, both times we turned over possession from him to score. Thanks horseman.
We should call him Bojan.

Not worthy of secretariat

Oh and Julian Dicks

giphy.gif

In a nutshell we deserved the win and if taken our chances and for the woodwork, would have slaughtered them
They were at home and were buoyed by the sending off. The games is not over before it's over, but before the sending off I really wasn't concerned. I thought we'd get another or see the game out.
The last 20 was much harder than it should have been.
If they would have got a point it would have been a travesty.

I think if it would have been at Upton Park they may have got the draw. Yet the crowd and OS atmosphere didn't do much to drive them on.

We should call him Bojan.

Not worthy of secretariat
I genuinely wasn’t panicking after the sending off. Our quality was on show all over the pitch. They didn’t out play us one bit at the end, still looked like an 11 v 11 game.

Seriously lads, was there any need to make the last bit of the game so dramatic - not good for my blood pressure. I was listening to the game whilst clearing out my bedroom and attic, as I couldn't just sit still. Knew we started singing the "you're s**t" song too early, turned the air blue when they got the second but thank goodness we held on. The commentators got on my nerves too, as the parting shot was we "won on the ground where we lost the league last year"!!!! Still important thing is we won and they lost. Happy days
Never understood how we lost the league there.
Lost the outisde chance of winning the league, maybe.
They way they go on is if we needed 3 points to win it and lost it.
I don't think I heard them say that when Liverpool won their next game at home after actually losing the title at Anfield.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino, speaking to BBC Sport: "We played well and fought. Sometimes it is good to suffer a little bit as it means you are alive. We deserved to win the game. With 10 men for us they dominated the game and put balls into the box - they are powerful in that phase of the game - but we held on. This means more than three points as they played for their pride and for the fans.

"We are people that love to work. we feel the passion and try to improve the team in different aspects. This was good example of when the team should play, when they should defend and when they should compete. Now the team can play and compete in different ways.

"I understand this is football (Aurier's red card). The first yellow he didn't deserve. The second, sometimes this happens. It happened with me many times. The team is happy with him. He has settled really well."

Got the 3 points happy days but bloody nervous finish,

Aurier is a great player but needs to calm down.

I think Dele is in the Eriksen/Lamela phase when they first joined us, capable of turning a game but mostly making poor decisions. He is 21 and it is to be expected of younger players that consistency will fluctuate. It's more our lack of depth in the AM role that worries me.

We are so lucky to have Kane, truly a world class player probably now about even Toby and Eriksen in terms of his game. Seems to improve year on year.

Winks and Llorente where good when they came on.

Yeah, I can really see that comparison between Lamela and Dele. One has scored 30 league goals in two and a bit seasons and the other has yet to hit double figures and is in his fifth season. I imagine his assist per minutes played is greater too. No comparison at all. Dele has been a difference maker since he first wore a Spurs shirt. The criticisms you can level at him are that he can over complicate things at times and his shooting isn't always as good as it could be, plus he needs to work on his left foot finishing more. But the overall package makes him a top draw player and he'd get in every team in the PL. I think Pep, Mourinho and Conte would find a way to get in their team if they had him. I think Pep would probably oust Augeuro to make room for him and pair him with Jesus like we play him with Kane.

What I love about our team now is that we can see out games when up against it and we can snatch games late on when its been tight. Not always Spurs traits from the past but these days I have confidence that we will prevail.

So my mum finally lost her battle with Cancer two weeks ago and I am flying back today for mondays funeral had to leave my house at 12.30 English time and drive to Madrid airport, there are no radio for English football so I resolved not to check the score until 14.30 when the game had definitely finished , I have grieved for my old mum but living in Spain I've felt a bit out the loop I got to thinking in the car and mixed with the excitement of going home it dawned on me that my mum wouldn't be there and nothing would be the same again this cut me up as you can appreciate it would , anyway I arrive at the airport at the airport at 1400 English time 3 hours before the flight being the old woman that I am I've allowed myself plenty of time for traffic and finding the car park and my transfer there is no traffic the transfer is instant and I'm at the airport thinking what the hell am i going to do for 3 hours ?

I get through all my gates by 1405 and look at the screen new time 00.00(spanish time) please consult Ryanair boom 6 hour delay FUCK, so I'm sitting there on my own I miss my missus I miss my 3 month old twins we decided they were too young to travel and my missus would stay home with them but most of all I really really miss my mum , I stay true to the agreement I made myself and resolve to wait for 1430 until it's definitely finished 10 minutes of compulsively checking the score does no good for anybody , my thoughts are negative the way today's going they've bound to have beaten us its the straw that breaks the camels back the insult to injury the story of my fucking life 9 hours in this shitty airport broken and beaten ..... i literally watch the airport clock tick until exactly 30 minutes past the hour , i google tottenham and hit search West Ham 2 ARGHHHHHHHH FUCK Tottenham 3 , Tottenham 3 , yes , YESSSSSSS GET THE FUCK IN GET THE FUCKIN FUCK IN FUCK YOU FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOU SOME MORE YOU DIRTY PIKEY CUNTS , COYS .

Now this changes nothing about my situation I currently have another 7 hours at the airport and my mum will never be replaced but somehow it's changed everything it's that little ray of sunshine that's given me back the hope that things will be ok, sometimes I wonder why I go so crazy for football but it's moments like this it's more than sport it's hope and glory and brotherhood and a beautiful distraction from life's hard times.

COYS

So my mum finally lost her battle with Cancer two weeks ago and I am flying back today for mondays funeral had to leave my house at 12.30 English time and drive to Madrid airport, there are no radio for English football so I resolved not to check the score until 14.30 when the game had definitely finished , I have grieved for my old mum but living in Spain I've felt a bit out the loop I got to thinking in the car and mixed with the excitement of going home it dawned on me that my mum wouldn't be there and nothing would be the same again this cut me up as you can appreciate it would , anyway I arrive at the airport at the airport at 1400 English time 3 hours before the flight being the old woman that I am I've allowed myself plenty of time for traffic and finding the car park and my transfer there is no traffic the transfer is instant and I'm at the airport thinking what the hell am i going to do for 3 hours ?

I get through all my gates by 1405 and look at the screen new time 00.00(spanish time) please consult Ryanair boom 6 hour delay FUCK, so I'm sitting there on my own I miss my missus I miss my 3 month old twins we decided they were too young to travel and my missus would stay home with them but most of all I really really miss my mum , I stay true to the agreement I made myself and resolve to wait for 1430 until it's definitely finished 10 minutes of compulsively checking the score does no good for anybody , my thoughts are negative the way today's going they've bound to have beaten us its the straw that breaks the camels back the insult to injury the story of my fucking life 9 hours in this shitty airport broken and beaten ..... i literally watch the airport clock tick until exactly 30 minutes past the hour , i google tottenham and hit search West Ham 2 ARGHHHHHHHH FUCK Tottenham 3 , Tottenham 3 , yes , YESSSSSSS GET THE FUCK IN GET THE FUCKIN FUCK IN FUCK YOU FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOU SOME MORE YOU DIRTY PIKEY CUNTS , COYS .

Now this changes nothing about my situation I currently have another 7 hours at the airport and my mum will never be replaced but somehow it's changed everything it's that little ray of sunshine that's given me back the hope that things will be ok, sometimes I wonder why I go so crazy for football but it's moments like this it's more than sport it's hope and glory and brotherhood and a beautiful distraction from life's hard times.

COYS
Sorry to hear about your loss mate.Chin up

Back
Top Bottom