Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think PSG have set themselves up to be the club of the next 5 years. The Neymar signing will convince others to join.

I can't see the French league attracting the very best in the world, though it won't be far behind

It's said that England never has the world's best player at the time they are the best, I'd think it doubly so with France

I see the fat scribbler Martin Samuels has decided to slag off Alli's England performances :kanehand:

He's the Woolwich fan isn't he? Clearly he doesn't watch Alli enough to know that that's how his style is. He lingers and pops up in holes because of that.

Sadly we live in a Country obsessed with working hard and appreciate a huff and puff performance instead of an intelligent one. His constant movement even when walking when we aren't in possession naturally opens up space for him way before he gets the ball back at his feet.

Berbatov used to get slated for not tracking back. If he had we would never have got what we did out of Berba. He was smart and always kept himself open for when we won the back back. Dele needs to work on that side of his game more but having a go at a 21 year old who's just scored his 30th Premier League goal from midfield is a bit of a joke. Let the kid learn and encourage him. Wankers like Samuel are the kind who piss on a plant and ask why it hasn't grown. Give him time, the kids class

But they just signed Neymar and Mbappe? Best player under 20 and 25 respectively

I think if you delve a bit deeper, you can explain those two

Mbappe, very young, gets to stay in France and will play - if he went to Madrid, especially so young, his career could easily stagnate

If, in a couple of years, he's scored 30+ a year at PSG and Madrid come knocking, he's gone

Neymar seems to want to be the bigger fish in the smaller pond - he's elite but not on the level of Messi or Ronaldo; if he was, he'd be at Barca still

Lad...

HeCupHC.jpg

Is he gonna get a ban (international at least) for that?
:levyeyes:

The lad has passion and spirit. He's competitive. He loves winning and hates losing. He works hard and he has opponents - both players and fans - constantly trying to wind him up. Dele is class.

Lad...

HeCupHC.jpg

Is he gonna get a ban (international at least) for that?
:levyeyes:

It concerns me how he still lets things like this happen it'll only lead to bad things for his career in the future.

Knowing the FA and the carnival that goes along with them it really wouldn't surprise me if he ends up with a ban. He's got to stamp this out of his game, keep his head down and focus on giving 100% on the pitch. You'd never see Harry do something like that. I don't know why but it bothers me that he lets it creep in from time to time it draws attention to him that he doesn't need

Last edited:
It concerns me how he still lets things like this happen it'll only lead to bad things for his career in the future.

It really wouldn't surprise me if he ends up with a ban. He's got to stamp this out of his game, keep his head down and focus on giving 100% on the pitch. Needs to lose the chip on his shoulder and if he does he'll be fine

Why? He's hardly Suarez, he's young and hot headed. He'll mature and whilst that's happening he's still a ridiculously good player at 21.

No one complained about Gazza's antics on the football pitch. He would do stupid things but he'd be forgiven because of his amazing ability.

Why? He's hardly Suarez, he's young and hot headed. He'll mature and whilst that's happening he's still a ridiculously good player at 21.

No one complained about Gazza's antics on the football pitch. He would do stupid things but he'd be forgiven because of his amazing ability.

I was going to compare him to Gazza. Look how talented he was and how he turned out. I just want Dele to be the player he can be, maybe I'm being overly cautious as he's got the footballing world at his feet if he genuinely wants it

It was also a different time back then and we did not have social media. Things Gazza did would be the talk of the town for a while and be forgotten. With twitter and forums and the like things like this never truly go away and can be brought up whenever just to throw shit on a player or rile them up

It was also a different time back then and we did not have social media. Things Gazza did would be the talk of the town for a while and be forgotten. With twitter and forums and the like things like this never truly go away and can be brought up whenever just to throw shit on a player or rile them up

Or how about the media stop hounding our best players for childish indiscreations. It's a finger FFS, what next we stop players from swearing. No proof it was aimed at the ref.

Back
Top Bottom