Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree mate (not with ability). Lamela, Son, N'Koudou are all behind Dele and Eriksen, we don't need to add another winger if you ask me. There are better transfer options for positions we need.

Martial is very versitial. Can play up top or off the wing. If you bring him in you can cut Janssen and N'Koudou loose.

The worst thing for me is that despite the window being EXACTLY the same, suddenly cretins popping up talking up our chances because our rivals all looked shit.

Our rivals who "we should be copying"
I only watched the Citeh game, but I thought they looked very good. Walker was MoM and rightly so. I assume they are our rivals...

Ps. This is not a post to say we should spend like Citeh.

I was slightly confused what the 'LOL' was referencing until your disagree. You think they looked shit?
Yes I do think they looked crap today.

Brighton looked like a non league outfit and for a team that just spent 260M to labour to victory and need a total disaster at the back to finally score, I thought was ridiculous.

Walker did nothing for 80 minutes

Yes I do think they looked crap today.

Brighton looked like a non league outfit and for a team that just spent 260M to labour to victory and need a total disaster at the back to finally score, I thought was ridiculous.

Walker did nothing for 80 minutes

I agree I thought city huffed and puffed to finally blow the house down. Brighton were awful and city could of conceded a few times to. We are still better than City.

So we get one player in and get rid of two players. How does that solve our depth issue in the squad?

What's better? Having 3 impactful players on the bench or 5 average guys who may or may not make a difference ?

I'll go quality over quantity everytime. Also wouldn't mind a 1 spot on the bench for a youth product.

Paulo Gazzaniga <-> Luke McGee
Jeremy Toljan <-> Kyle Walker
Davinson Sánchez <-> Kevin Wimmer

If we can get three players like those above, our squad will be on par (minus Josh Onomah)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom