***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I call out plastic fans like you who leave early for sure and I don't give a fuck if it annoys you!
:wansum:

What's the fucking point of going if you can't be bothered watching the whole game?
It was 1-0 with everything to play for in a vital CL!
Yes we weren't playing well!
Shit happens

Why not leave after 5 mins if we go one down?

Why be a fan at all?

Why come on this forum at all?

Tell you what why don't you PM Sausage and he'll teach you how to play curling

It's good fun and no "abundance of angry drunk fans" apart from the local caretaker if you drop a sweetie wrapper and he sees you!

FFS

:pochfacepalm:
That bollocks screams that you haven't been to a game for years.

People don't leave the cinema early, or the theatre, i find it really odd that people leave football early.

And people are making the excuse about getting to the station and that, i think its bollocks. I found it very easy to get to the station, took me maybe 5 minutes this time. If you actually walk fast instead of ambling along, you can get there in no time. I fucking hate people that walk slow so i just went around them. And if you go down the edges instead of in the middle, its much quicker. In fact i must have got on the train before people that had left early, so theres no excuse really.

It can take me over 2 hours to get home from white hart lane but id never even dream of leaving early. When people started walking out with more than 10 minutes left to play it completely killed the game because the atmosphere was shite anyway. We had 5 minutes added on as well.

When we played Dnipro a few seasons ago, we lost the first leg 1-0 away, and we were 1-0 down at half time. 2-0 down on aggregate and going out. But the fans were actually supporting the team. Then they got a man sent off and the place erupted. We ended up winning 3-1 and went through. If we can do it with 32'000 kids in WHL theres no reason we couldn't do it with 82'000 in Wembley.

People don't leave the cinema early, or the theatre, i find it really odd that people leave football early.

And people are making the excuse about getting to the station and that, i think its bollocks. I found it very easy to get to the station, took me maybe 5 minutes this time. If you actually walk fast instead of ambling along, you can get there in no time. I fucking hate people that walk slow so i just went around them. And if you go down the edges instead of in the middle, its much quicker. In fact i must have got on the train before people that had left early, so theres no excuse really.

It can take me over 2 hours to get home from white hart lane but id never even dream of leaving early. When people started walking out with more than 10 minutes left to play it completely killed the game because the atmosphere was shite anyway. We had 5 minutes added on as well.

When we played Dnipro a few seasons ago, we lost the first leg 1-0 away, and we were 1-0 down at half time. 2-0 down on aggregate and going out. But the fans were actually supporting the team. Then they got a man sent off and the place erupted. We ended up winning 3-1 and went through. If we can do it with 32'000 kids in WHL theres no reason we couldn't do it with 82'000 in Wembley.
It took you 5 minutes to get to Wembley Park? That's bollocks.

I wouldn't go to a cinema with 85,000 other people
What difference does it make?

As an audience member you can't affect a film, so it doesn't matter if you leave at any point. But the point of fans being there at football is to create that home advantage. Otherwise we'd all just watch on TV.

Leaving when we're 5-0 up to gillingham i can understand. But last night 1 goal would have changed everything.

It took you 5 minutes to get to Wembley Park? That's bollocks.
From the stadium yeah. Honestly. People we're fucking ambling along down Wembley way so i just walked at my normal pace going around people. Then i realised no one was really walking down the sides so i made my way to the edge, and could basically walk straight through. The only time it got a bit congested was when we were trying to squeeze through behind the concession stand things.

If you actually want to get to the station quick, its easily done. Most of the people ambling along didn't seem that bothered about getting to the station in a hurry.

It took me ages last time, but i was fucked, so i didn't care.

From the stadium yeah. Honestly. People we're fucking ambling along down Wembley way so i just walked at my normal pace going around people. Then i realised no one was really walking down the sides so i made my way to the edge, and could basically walk straight through. The only time it got a bit congested was when we were trying to squeeze through behind the concession stand things.

If you actually want to get to the station quick, its easily done. Most of the people ambling along didn't seem that bothered about getting to the station in a hurry.

It took me ages last time, but i was fucked, so i didn't care.

I took advice from Oracle Oracle and went for a curry and a few beers. I'll be doing that for CSKA as well.

The Lane is 110x73, Wembley is 115x74. I refuse to believe an extra half yard on each side and 2.5 at the back is really throwing off a team that regularly plays, and wins, on that size of field regularly in the Premier League. It's not as if Wembey is on the surface of the moon or 120x80 or some crazy shit.
Just for reference and a point of fact:
The Wembley playing surface is 7,245m², compared with the 6,700m² of White Hart Lane - a difference of 545m², that is an area of more than two tennis courts! That is fucking huge difference, a massive amount of extra space.

Here is an interesting question I have just heard posed. Name one game of football that has been good to watch that has been played at New Wembley, just one game?

I can't think of a single game. (by definition I talking about a competitive game of football played at a good tempo with chances for either team) and no our win over Chavs in 2008 was a dier game of football.

Well, aren't you nasty? Did you actually read what I said? I took two 11 year old boys to the game and if we had waited for the game to be over, we would have missed our train home. So yes, we left in the 86th minute.

Not sure how to tag Joe Clash Joe Clash oh I did it! But Joe, maybe this is an example of why I don't post very often and just lurk.

:dembelefingers:
Put him on ignore. He has so much hate in his heart. It's made him disturbed, angry, & very bitter & twisted.
The forums been a lot better for me since I put him on ignore.
Well done for making the effort with 2 kids to go to the game.
Don't be bullied or put off the forum, post freely.

I don't get how people who didn't go the game feel they have the right to criticise people who actually went but left early.

Last edited:
Just for reference and a point of fact:
The Wembley playing surface is 7,245m², compared with the 6,700m² of White Hart Lane - a difference of 545m², that is an area of more than two tennis courts! That is fucking huge difference, a massive amount of extra space.

Here is an interesting question I have just heard posed. Name one game of football that has been good to watch that has been played at New Wembley, just one game?

I can't think of a single game. (by definition I talking about a competitive game of football played at a good tempo with chances for either team) and no our win over Chavs in 2008 was a dier game of football.
I was pretty high up, so i had a good view of the pitch. It just looks too big. Especially with all the space at the sides as well. Its not great for football and i saw Eminem there last year, wasn't great for sound quality either.

The fish and chips looked good though. :kanehand:

I think the players are knackered. Poch might have to have a look at his methods. I'm obviously no sports science expert, but I can't see how double training sessions can work when you have midweek games. I can understand having a full week of preparation geared to peaking at the weekend, but throw a Wednesday into the mix and it must be difficult. When do they get a chance to rest?
Also, how no other manager has made that style sustainable
Its impossible for players to keep it up, season after season.

Last edited:
Also how no other manager has made that style sustainable
Its impossible for players to keep it up season after season.
Or week to mid-week as we are seeing. I don't want to say to much on a subject that I have zero knowledge. I was just looking for possible reasons for our flat performances of late.

Last edited:
Also, how no other manager has made that style sustainable
Its impossible for players to keep it up, season after season.
Well Pep/Klopp did it abroad, and either could do it here. I do acknowledge that the prem is different as any fixture can become a grueling battle so this is fairly unknown territory but I wouldn't write off a high press completely yet.

Also I'm sure City were top 2/3 for average ground covered in the league last time they won the league.

I think off the ball movement is a bigger issue for us than fitness tbh.

I was pretty high up, so i had a good view of the pitch. It just looks too big. Especially with all the space at the sides as well. Its not great for football and i saw Eminem there last year, wasn't great for sound quality either.

The fish and chips looked good though. :kanehand:
For me there are a lot of pros to play on a big pitch, I can't be bothered to check but if my memory serves me well Citeh and scums pitches are the same size as Wembley, we have excelled on the pitches recently.

I do think there is something about the grass at Wembley, it looked long last night, there was no zip in our passes, ball was getting held up.

May be it's a combination of things, but the thought it is just Spurs as the media are saying is bollocks. But there is definitely something shit about Wembley and how ALL teams play their football there.

I'm fairly sure both teams played on the same pitch - so whats the point?
Its the one thing that was the same for both teams, you can questions skills, attitude, tactics and motivation

but its the same sized pitch for both teams

Worst atmosphere I've ever been in among Spurs fans. Perhaps because I was sitting up the side near the Leverkusen fans. But it was largely silent, not even people shouting much encouragement, swearing, or even criticism of the players. I'd rather hear abuse than nothing, at least it shows passion. It made the Paxton seem like an excellent atmosphere. I feel like this must really get through to the players. It was as if we weren't there to lift them or to make them buck up their ideas, as we are at the Lane.

Was this because of where I was sitting? Regardless of the performance, it really marred my experience of the game. I don't know who all these people were. Maybe West Stand regulars? Or people who don't normally watch Spurs? Of course there were some vocal fans in among them, but not enough. At times you could hear the players shouting to each other. I know part of the problem is sound doesn't carry well at Wembley; I could sometimes hear songs from other parts of the ground. But it wasn't just that.

I dread next season at Wembley will be a continuation of this. Both on and off the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom