***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First test for Pochettino.

Not a good period for him or us. Bizarre that it has come after the City match but not strange if you recognise we just lacked firepower.

It was said in the summer and I will say it again in the winter.

Simply put the one downside for Pochettino is that he does not like mavericks and as a result we can be and currently are a functional team that are playing poorly.

Not good but also no sign of a fix.

Well, if players are too lazy or too clueless to run off the ball, there we only have them long balls left.

We should - as a bare minimum - be able to muscle and pass-n-move our way into their 3rd and get at least a few shots on goals.

We have had nothing today, nothing.

Even with them, do you think the result would be much different?

I don't.

Well, yes.

Kane
Eriksen - Alli - Lamela
Dembele - Dier
Rose - Vertonghen - Alderweireld - Walker
Lloris
Is the best eleven we can field and was our best eleven for all of last season, the team that saw us rip teams apart and qualify for this competition. It's a shame we probably won't see that team this season.

A few bad results?

This is almost 25% of the season gone.

Listen to the crowd. You think they're happy?
25 per cent of the season gone, and we are 3 points off the top of the table even though 2 of our most important players have missed a significant number of games.
Have a word with yourself.

Looking forward to our PL campaign at Wembley, we'd be lucky to beat 2 points in 8 games at this rate.

Also I never judge players early but I'll make an exception for Sissoko, he is dog shit and you can't polish a dog turd.

Back
Top Bottom