Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Besides... I always prefer a Draw that feels like a win... than one that feels like a defeat (as I'm sure Liverpool will be feeling tonight!)

Collective chins up people... we've 2 weeks to sort this out, and then we also have the 'Glamour' of the CL to look forward to!!

Review of the game.

Vorm - Excellent, nothing more can be said

Backline was very solid. Had some free runners but Vorm did a great job of coming off his line and sweeping up some of their deep balls to Mane. Did a very good job of not allowing many good/clean looks other than the Coutinho miss, which was pretty much caused by Eriksen. Dier was great too other than his simple turnover that nearly lead to a goal.

Front 4, other than Kane who I thought was good, other than his missed pass late, they were pretty bad. Janssen showed great energy pressing, which bodes well when subbing Kane like for like, but never really got a chance. Eriksen was garbage and should have been the first non-injury sub. Alli not much better but he did a good job when he got pushed back alongside Wanyama. Lamela wasn't good but he wasn't bad, could've been a lot better.

Wanyama I thought did a great job. He was getting some stick on here, but I thought he did a great job breaking things up and tracking what he could. Not much offensively, but you don't expect much.

Onomah showed some spark, but his offside was unfortunate.

This game really showed we need another AM to push Eriksen and we need another player with pace to come on. Obviously we haven't seen him yet but GKN would have been great against a slow, tired defense like Liverpool had in the last 20 min. Even Son would have been a good sub.

Spurs football or Firminho's hair. What was more atrocious today ? Poch needs to sort this out asap ! Dembele's return cant come soon enough.

Thought Poch pulled team together halftime and we really had a go first part of second half, if only we can maintain that intensity!

Eriksen playing a full 90 (x a minute) was shocking by Poch as well. He clearly needs a game off or two. The problem when he is off form, he offers nothing defensively and exposes the BL badly which we saw on multiple occasion.

Happy to take a point from that. Thought Vorm was excellent. More worrying is the form of our creative players, we were second best in a lot of areas today. Wanyama is looking good

Back
Top Bottom