Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Winks replacing Mason would only be in the cases of EFL and FA cup. I don't think Mason would be getting much in the way of appearances for league and CL matches. We still have Carroll on the books and it seems he is getting in ahead of Mason as well. If we can get £6-10m for Mason that would be good business and gives a spot to one of our youngsters to fill in.
So two of the 3 (Dier/Dembele/Wanyama)CM for CL and PL.
I still don't think we have the depth for both. Still going to enjoy the season though.

I like Mason. Injuries fucked him imo. He was progressing nicely. got injured came back and injured again. Since then hasn't had the same look about him; the same intensity. Is the type of player we need in CM a player that can tackle, pass, get box to box and moves the ball quick and committed to the cause.

I like Mason. Injuries fucked him imo. He was progressing nicely. got injured came back and injured again. Since then hasn't had the same look about him; the same intensity. Is the type of player we need in CM a player that can tackle, pass, get box to box and moves the ball quick and committed to the cause.

I like Mason as a player and he was what we needed when he broke through. His getting Benteke sent off that time, he gave us some much needed needle. His injury did him in. In that time Dele was allowed to thrive and more or less took his spot. Added to that Dembele became the player we all hoped he would and Dier also turned into a CDM powerhouse. We improved immeasurably whilst Ryan stayed the same if not a bit less tenacious. He needs regular game time and it would be hard to see him getting that with us now. Dembele, Dier and Wanyama are vying for two spots as it is. With Carroll, Onomah and Winks also looking for some game time.

I have no ill feeling towards Mason and thank him for his contribution to us, it's a shame he did not improve with some of the other members of the squad. He'll fit in well at Hull with the other ex-Spurs there.

Sunderland want him now too.
We might get a little bit extra for him.

Wish him the best. Injuries stopped him fulfilling his potential.

Hull or sunderland? Choose wisely ryan!

Last edited:

Yep injuries did for him. I thought he looked sharp in preseason though.

I'm gutted about the Hull news. But it's not often I'm sad to see players go. We usually get it right these days. Perhaps he is crocked.

Oh fuck off about true Spurs fans. You happily slag off (non-stop create a toxic environment amongst supporters online) long time servants and academy products when it suits your agenda.

Yeah I slagged off Lennon. He cared more about boozing on a Sat night that Sat afternoon even after drunk bans. Ledders etc stopped getting shitfaced after the bans. It did nothing to Lennon and co.

Mason genuinely gave a shit. I slagged of mentality when it was due. I was right to slag off Bentley etc. I got my bad reputation on boards insisting Bentley and Lennon were spice boy poison after I saw a pattern. And got banned for it.

Mason is the new breed of dedicated Spurs player. It's why I'm shocked we are letting his type go.

Yeah I slagged off Lennon. He cared more about boozing on a Sat night that Sat afternoon even after drunk bans. Ledders etc stopped getting shitfaced after the bans. It did nothing to Lennon and co.

Mason genuinely gave a shit. I slagged of mentality when it was due. I was right to slag off Bentley etc. I got my bad reputation on boards insisting Bentley and Lennon were spice boy poison after I saw a pattern. And got banned for it.

Mason is the new breed of dedicated Spurs player. It's why I'm shocked we are letting his type go.

For me Bentley was a victim of being not as good as he was constantly told he was. A real free kick merchant but a terrible winger. No pace and shit at dribbling, he was a poor mans Beckham. I feel like once he realised he wasn't that good he probably lost a ton of confidence, something he had previously thrived on. I hold no ill will towards him though, he was a lovely bloke, he just felt football wasn't for him sadly.

He's still young. Ginola's first stint in the prem was how old? 30?

I think we are so used to young players 25 seems old.

I think he is more referring to the fact that older players are harder to coach and improve, especially when it comes to technique. I can only imagine if Poch had been training Mason from a younger age he could have been a better player, I doubt he would ever have been at someone like Dembele's level. A great worker, just not a natural talent.

I think he is more referring to the fact that older players are harder to coach and improve, especially when it comes to technique. I can only imagine if Poch had been training Mason from a younger age he could have been a better player, I doubt he would ever have been at someone like Dembele's level. A great worker, just not a natural talent.

Some teams need a Parker type player. Lots of people keep mentioning Dembele. He's a one off.

Some teams need a Parker type player. Lots of people keep mentioning Dembele. He's a one off.

I don't really feel Ryan is the same level as Parker really. Had he met Poch at a younger age and had more coaching in his developmental time I reckon that's probably the level he would have hit though. He just isn't going to get enough game time for us to be the player we really need.

I don't really feel Ryan is the same level as Parker really. Had he met Poch at a younger age and had more coaching in his developmental time I reckon that's probably the level he would have hit though. He just isn't going to get enough game time for us to be the player we really need.

It's a long season. Hopefully very long as we remain in all cups.

Perhaps it is a loan? Perhaps I'll see captain Mason lifting our 4th title after all?

:lamelaaghh:

Parker was only good when he played alongside Modric, who you hated. He could focus on donkey work while Modric took care of the quality going forward and orchestrating the attack. When Modric left all Parker could do was run around in circles. No team needs that.

Dembele is a similar sort of player as Parker and Mason, but a clear upgrade in all respects and a talent moving the ball forward.

I got my bad reputation on boards insisting Bentley and Lennon were spice boy poison after I saw a pattern. And got banned for it.

remeniscence.gif

image.jpg

gibbs131 genuine question here.

On a scale of 1-10 (With 1 being Sherwood and 10 being Mourinho) how high do you rate your football intelligence?

Why have you never gone into a career of football coaching or management?

On a scale of 1-10 (With 1 being Sherwood and 10 being Mourinho) how high do you rate your football intelligence?

Poch just put out the identical outfield I wanted.

EXACT.

I understand it's getting late on the weekend. So all you want to do is post memes and take your frustrations out on others.

But that just happened. I stated I wanted this outfield against Everton.

Kane, Janssen, Alli, Lamela, Wanyama, Dier, Rose, Jan, Toby, Walker.

That was the lineup that Poch changed to when he subbed Eriksen. We scored. We won.

Now I know you ignore everything and attack the man and not the ball. Because Poch just did what I wanted.

You ignored these unfortunate truths.

I will add to this- as you are no longer confined to the Forum toilet & back out of the closet, can you put your preferred starting XI and the formation you would play on the Liverpool match thread, before the team is announced tomorrow? At least then, your opinions may carry some weight & can be judged objectively as the game unfolds. Given our current squad, it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Poch just put out the identical outfield I wanted.

EXACT.

I understand it's getting late on the weekend. So all you want to do is post memes and take your frustrations out on others.

But that just happened. I stated I wanted this outfield against Everton.

Kane, Janssen, Alli, Lamela, Wanyama, Dier, Rose, Jan, Toby, Walker.

That was the lineup that Poch changed to when he subbed Eriksen. We scored. We won.

Now I know you ignore everything and attack the man and not the ball. Because Poch just did what I wanted.

You ignored these unfortunate truths.

Answer the questions please, I don't care about any of this.

1-10 where do you rate yourself?

Why don't you have a career in football?

What team would you play vs Liverpool and what are your predictions, like Boltonspur Boltonspur said?

Back
Top Bottom