Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Melt down is strong in people on here. AZ have every right to play him tonight, doesn't mean a deal won't happen. Maybe they are trying to get that little more by hoping he has a good display tonight, which he clearly is.

There's so much time to sort a deal, but people panic when it's been a week into the window.

Came in thinking there might be news.

Turns out, it's the usual...

tumblr_lsxqkctQZS1qcqqpjo3_250.gif

Melt down is strong in people on here. AZ have every right to play him tonight, doesn't mean a deal won't happen. Maybe they are trying to get that little more by hoping he has a good display tonight, which he clearly is.

There's so much time to sort a deal, but people panic when it's been a week into the window.

Loads of time for other clubs to muscle in and sort a deal as well.

Is it only our transfers that drag out, though, or because we're focused on Spurs those are the only ones we pay attention to? I bet if you went to other clubs' forums you'd see the same.

Ibra to United went on for 2-3 months. The Dortmund guy to United took over a month. Even Bale to Madrid took over a month. This is common on football and in any business negotiation.

It's basic business principle - if you give the seller the price they ask for then they will reject it and ask for more. As soon as you show them you're willing to do what they want, they then have control.

Many transfers take months as it's about men with huge egos not losing face and slowly shuffling to a compromise. This is the issue with Vincent - Tottenham made an offer and AZ just straight our rejected it. No asking price, no dialogue, no hints at price. Just a straight up no. How are you suppose to respond to that? If you offer £20 mil to AZ right now after 1 rejected bid they'd rejected £20 mil too, as they know you're willing to paddle up shit creek to get him.

Transfers are only over quickly if they're fully aware of the situation. I.e. They know they have no chance of keeping hold of a player, the player wants to move and selling club get an offer they're happy with, like the Wanyama case.

Vincent has said several times Tottenham are his dream club and so far he's rejected offers from Wolfsburg and PSG. Tottenham are fairly confident at this point that Vincent won't move anywhere and as soon as AZ negotiate we'll just pluck him away and put him into the team.

I know. I only really like Kebab house pizzas or Pizza hut with pan base. I order it online and wait..

They always ring up and I'm like "Got no pan bases again have you?"

useless cunts.

Well that's my dinner sorted for the evening...thanks for making me think about Pizza Hut like a fat fuck.

:pochsulk:

No player I know who is the subject of an imminent transfer starts a match.

We are simply pathetic and those who peddle their drivel by justifying our stance on transfers are equally as pathetic.

A team that finished 3rd in a two horse race because we missed innumerable chances but worse lost leads which would have been easier to protect with maybe a pacy striker or other options has failed to sign a striker for 3 years which must be a Premier League record.

Something is inherently wrong not just with Levy but Pochettino as well in accepting such a nonsensical approach.

When it comes to striking talent Pochettino hasn't got a clue and neither have his scouts.

I really do not get what we are playing at.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom