Zaha-yes,no,maybe!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would be a very strange signing. He never made it at Old Trafford. Not sure I saw anything last night to tempt me. On his day he may be very good, but so was Townsend. However, I trust Poch if he really wants him

Based on last night, no. I know we are good defensively but he created fuck all, despite every effort of the commentary team to state the opposite. I did like his aggression though, think that would appeal to Poch too. But what did he do? What chance did he create? What cross found a Palace shirt? Did he in fact complete a pass to a team mate in the final third? Reminds me a bit of that Konoplanka fella that everyone was wanking over a couple of years ago (he's on his 3rd club since then stuck on the bench for Schalke who are mid table).

He looks a beast now. Raw talent and with poch's coaching and guidance, a definite yes from me.
I'm in.
Dragons-342837.jpg

If Bruma's agent is to be believed (and his quotes aren't a come-and-get-me plea towards Spurs) then it makes me think we're probably going balls deep for Zaha and are almost entirely focussed on him.

On that note, here's a song idea for him:

Knowing me knowing Wilf,
ZAHAAAAAAAA
There is nothing he can't do,
Knowing me knowing Wilf,
ZAHAAAAAAAA
:ap:

I've been thinking long and hard about Zaha and I've decided we can buy better. He's tricky but for me would only add quality when we are winnin and need to nick a free kick to kill time. (He showed he had no brain when he kicked the ball away near the end of the game 1-0 down after giving away a free kick) I think in a team that plays so high up he would struggled and lose the ball more than he would add dimensions to our team. Personally I'd rather use the money to buy another defener as whilst I think Dier is an important part of the team he's clearly better challenging Wanyama for that crucial DM position, another Eriksen understudy, maybe 18-19 years of age to be one for the future and a nippy winger/striker to haunt teams. Shame we couldn't get Dembele beforehand Dortmund snuck in. He would have been exactly what we need off the bench

Yes, but not if he is going to cost us a silly amount a la Sissoko

He will cost 30mil +.

It's not just us interested now apparently, the chavs have shown interest and Fat Sam is talking 40 mil, shame we didn't get him in January, his stock has risen 2nd half of this season, coincidently with Fat Sam taking over ?

He falls over too much. I think both creations v Chelsea he fell over. I wonder if they were a bit flukey.
To me he seems a one trick pony. He's shined under Sam, as has Townsend, becuase he demands of them to get the ball and run get the cross off. We don't play the same way. He loses the ball a lot.
He's been playing in this Palace side for his 3rd year. If he's a big fish in a small pond how comes 6 goals and 9 assists is his best return.
He's managed 6 goals and 3 assists in his previous 2 years.
Yes maybe he can improve, but I think he needs a lot of improvement imo.
If The boss wants him, I suppose he knows best and thinks he's compatible

He falls over too much. I think both creations v Chelsea he fell over. I wonder if they were a bit flukey.
To me he seems a one trick pony. He's shined under Sam, as has Townsend, becuase he demands of them to get the ball and run get the cross off. We don't play the same way. He loses the ball a lot.
He's been playing in this Palace side for his 3rd year. If he's a big fish in a small pond how comes 6 goals and 9 assists is his best return.
He's managed 6 goals and 3 assists in his previous 2 years.
Yes maybe he can improve, but I think he needs a lot of improvement imo.
If The boss wants him, I suppose he knows best and thinks he's compatible
I agree. I don't think he's Spurs class, I really don't

anyone ever heard zaha talk? nice kid but fuck hes dumb as they come. not sure how he fits into our free flowing style of football. nightmare to play against though clearly.

'Crystal Palace will believe they can keep hold of Wilfried Zaha despite a barrage of bids in the summer after it was revealed he has four years left on his contract.'( daily Mail)
What with African Cup commitments and this, looking unlikely Levy will buy him.

Janssen, Son, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane... Onomah, Edwards. (N'Jie, N'Koudou, Sissoko) Isn't that enough?

I'd say we need two more Diers before anything else (and maybe another Walker?)

Dembele, Winks, Wanyama, Dier*

Davies, Rose, Trippier, Walker (?)... Walker-Peters

Wimmer, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dier, Dier*... Carter-Vickers

Lloris, Vorm, Lopez

I just think if we are going to sign another attacking midfielder, we should aim higher (no disrespect Zaha).

Back
Top Bottom