your spurs first 11 (fit atm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I d
People arguing Dawson/Caulker who should start, i say both. Am i crazy, most likely am, but i'd consider
Walker - Caulker - Dawson - Vertonghen
Not a bad option but i find vertonghen bit slow on the left side. This is a good way to utilise our best available defenders though. Like i said we have the best cbs in the epl as far as depth goes

Benny on the left all day, for me. Jan in the middle. Then Caulker/Daws alongside him - happy with both.

I don't think we should drop Adebayor for a midfielder. He's the only fit striker, so I'd quite like to see him on the pitch. Him, Bale, Holtby, and Lennon is theoretically a really strong attacking unit. Obviously it depends on him finding form, but tbf we have been asking him to play alongside Defoe/in front of Dempsey, since this will be quite different, he deserves a chance to turn things round.

I would play Van Gaal style if all fit:

-------------Ade-----------
--Eriks---Demb--Lamela--
--Capo--Beast--Paulhi--
--Vert---Kaboul--Walk--
------------Lloris------------

Basically because I am sick of teams attacking us down our weak flanks. We are wide open and paper thin with Eriksen, Rose or Lennon and Naughton mincing around. Also this team won't be as derp in the final third.

I would rather go with a back 3 than let Rose or Fryers anywhere near this team in the prem. The English players can go and win the Europa for us. We have monstrous DM's. They will be WAY more solid than Rose and Fryers fucking about playing people onside or standing on the ball in no mans land.
It will give us the very basics of football: A strong spine.

As it stands with injuries:

-----------Soldado-----------
--Eriks---Adeb---Demb--
--Benta--Beast--Paulhi--
--Vert---Kaboul--Walk--
------------Lloris------------

We do not have a left back that is not a complete liability and is losing us points. So why play them in the prem? It's asking for trouble and Eriksen being lightweight off the ball is one huge
fluorescent arrow to attack us here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom