your spurs first 11 (fit atm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Branch flower presents the same argument I would present.

Ade can hold the opponent off with his back turned. Long balls clouted become opportunities instead of exchanging possession solely to put the opposition back in their 1/3.

And a confident Ade playing solves so many problems allowing more productive tinkering with lineups. Dempsey or Sig up top is desperation on display. Dempsey is an opportunist vulture. He feasts on mistakes created by others.

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE
Dembele
Lennon Siggy Holtby Bale
Ade

Dont need Parker against any team below 7-8 in my opinion. For better teams, swap Siggy for Parker and revert to normal. maybe.

Personally, I think Dempsey and Siggy are essentially the same player, both were brought in to somehow alleviate VDV's departure, but neither is really a suitable replacement.... But Holtby might be!!!

Once the squad is settled, I can see Dempsey & Siggy being used as efficient, useful substitutes, but no more than that. Neither is an upgrade on what we already had.. But Holtby might be!!!

Dempsey and Siggy not only sound like an '80s cop show, they pretty much ARE the 'good cop bad cop' equivalent of eachother.... They will prove to be valued members of the squad, but the thought of either of them leading the line gives me shivers, even IF Sunday worked out, it felt like a one-off, needs-must gamble that somehow worked out!

Ade or Defoe with Holtby or Bale behind them is just about as strong as we've got now!

I have to admit I agree.

If Spurs manage to improve the squad with players-better-than-our-best-present-all-XI over the summer it will most likely be with a central midfielder (a possession player), a striker and possibly a winger upgrade on Lennon (harsh, I know).

In that scenario, even if we just get a midfielder and a striker for the first XI I don't see anyone of Dempsey nor Siggy anywhere near the first XI.

I can well see both of them be unhappy with just that and leave at latest at next january, unfortunately.

I don't think Dempsey should be starting because of Holtby but people are so biased against him it is crazy. He is only trailing Defoe and Bale in goals+assists with significantly less starts than either of them. Plus, two clutch goals against United.

Saying you would have subbed him off five minutes into the United game is one of the most inane comments I've seen on this board. I would rather have Holtby starting but the continual bashing of Dempsey despite his statistical production is just obnoxious.

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE
Dembele
Lennon Siggy Holtby Bale
Ade

Dont need Parker against any team below 7-8 in my opinion. For better teams, swap Siggy for Parker and revert to normal. maybe.

I don't think that is a very safe tactic, not all the teams below 8th are shit. Newcastle are a prime example are a team that have significantly strengthened and pose a proper threat to us in midfield. It would be foolhardy to treat them as a walkover.

I don't think that is a very safe tactic, not all the teams below 8th are shit. Newcastle are a prime example are a team that have significantly strengthened and pose a proper threat to us in midfield. It would be foolhardy to treat them as a walkover.

Newcastle is a fair point. I'm not suggesting they are all walkovers, far from it. But did we need Parker doing his thing so much against Norwich and QPR? If a team is going to park the bus then I would rather have an extra potential goal threat and little more creativity, which Parker is not.

I disagree with the selection of Caulker and Vertonghen over Dawson. Dawson has been immense this season, and I think that Caulker is still a bit naive at times. He will be a great player, but he lacks experience. I think that a team without Dawson and Parker (and Kaboul) lacks leadership, which IMO is why we conceded so many late goals earlier in the season. Same reason why I don't understand people being reluctant to pick Parker - 1 of 6 nominees for player of the season last year - although I admit I would prefer Sandro, he is a top player. Dawson would do anything for the club and those are the sort of people we need. I almost died when we were gonna sell him in the summer, especially after losing King.

Lloris
Benny Dawson Vertonghen Walker
Parker Dembele
Bale Holtby Lennon
Adebayor

(I would like to see Siggy get more opportunities to start though)

No
I don't think Dempsey should be starting because of Holtby but people are so biased against him it is crazy. He is only trailing Defoe and Bale in goals+assists with significantly less starts than either of them. Plus, two clutch goals against United.

Saying you would have subbed him off five minutes into the United game is one of the most inane comments I've seen on this board. I would rather have Holtby starting but the continual bashing of Dempsey despite his statistical production is just obnoxious.
No. Five minutes after the play that saw him kick it at de gea. I think it was the 60-70 min and it was when dembele played the inside ball. Rvp needs 4 chances. Dempsey needs 10. Very frustrating. Give siggy a chance behind ade?

I'm
I disagree with the selection of Caulker and Vertonghen over Dawson. Dawson has been immense this season, and I think that Caulker is still a bit naive at times. He will be a great player, but he lacks experience. I think that a team without Dawson and Parker (and Kaboul) lacks leadership, which IMO is why we conceded so many late goals earlier in the season. Same reason why I don't understand people being reluctant to pick Parker - 1 of 6 nominees for player of the season last year - although I admit I would prefer Sandro, he is a top player. Dawson would do anything for the club and those are the sort of people we need. I almost died when we were gonna sell him in the summer, especially after losing King.
Very happy with our cbs dawson could easily be there. That is a position we are so strong at. Spurs have more quality options over any team in the epl. Just keep gallas away for me.

1.:keane:
2.:keane:
3.:keane:
4. :keane:
5. :keane:
6. :keane:
7.:keane:
8.:keane:
9.:keane:
10.:keane:
11.:keane:

Subs bench: